HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - 03/11/08 - New Jersey @ Montreal - 730pm est

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
  #51
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,754
vCash: 1484
Projected lines from TSN Ice Chips:

Forwards
A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn
Streit - Lapierre - Ryder
Latendresse - Smolinski - Kostopoulos
Defence
Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges
Scratches: Plekanec (flu), Begin (flu), Dandenault, Brisebois
Goaltender
Price

Tuggy is online now  
Old
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
  #52
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Begin with the flu too?
Damn you, Arizona!

Russeltown is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
  #53
Batarnac
Registered User
 
Batarnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
On François Gagnon's blog, he says that during the last 6 games Begin missed, 3 of those were because of a groin injury and the other 3 because Carbo decided so. I would have loved to see im in the line-up tonight.

Anyway, I'm hopping for a high scoring game from our boys.

Go Habs Go

Batarnac is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
  #54
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,944
vCash: 500
Nice that O'Byrne is back, i just noticed he is +6 in his last 8 games and even has 3 points in that time

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now  
Old
03-11-2008, 11:50 AM
  #55
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,236
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Projected lines from TSN Ice Chips:

Forwards
A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn
Streit - Lapierre - Ryder
Latendresse - Smolinski - Kostopoulos
Defence
Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges
Scratches: Plekanec (flu), Begin (flu), Dandenault, Brisebois
Goaltender
Price

I don't understand why Latendresse doesn't play on the 3rd line instead of Streit.Playing with those 2 on the 4th line he's totally useless..

Thank God Brisebois is back where he belongs...

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 11:58 AM
  #56
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatthatquestion View Post
On François Gagnon's blog, he says that during the last 6 games Begin missed, 3 of those were because of a groin injury and the other 3 because Carbo decided so. I would have loved to see im in the line-up tonight.

Anyway, I'm hopping for a high scoring game from our boys.

Go Habs Go
Against Jersey? I mean, I'd love to see it too, but I fear you may be disappointed.

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 11:58 AM
  #57
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,864
vCash: 500
Good to see O'Byrne back for tonight. Hoping Grabovski plays a good game, I'd love to see this guy work his way into the line-up.

ToysInTheAttic is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
  #58
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,754
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why Latendresse doesn't play on the 3rd line instead of Streit.Playing with those 2 on the 4th line he's totally useless..

Thank God Brisebois is back where he belongs...
According to some posters Plekanec is a game time decision, so that would change the lineup. Not sure what would happen then...

Tuggy is online now  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
  #59
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,731
vCash: 500
Aaaaaww... Breezeboiz is out...

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
  #60
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
I love it when the trolls come in before the game.... easier to thread ban that way....

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:27 PM
  #61
Batarnac
Registered User
 
Batarnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Against Jersey? I mean, I'd love to see it too, but I fear you may be disappointed.
I'm a very optimist person... And as long as they put a a good effort and come out victorious in regulation time, I'll be an happy man.

Batarnac is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:28 PM
  #62
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft
 
Randal Graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
If the Devils score first it'll be a boring as hell (pun intended) game.

If the Habs score first the Devils will be forced to play "offense" and open up.
Greg Millen is that you?

Randal Graves is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:30 PM
  #63
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
According to some posters Plekanec is a game time decision, so that would change the lineup. Not sure what would happen then...
If not, it's gonna be a tough matchup for Grabovsky...John Madden is notoriously tough on Koivu/Plekanec, so Grabovski will have to be good tonight

417 is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM
  #64
Brisk-Illusion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
props to habs425 on the GDT, he's the best graphics designer on this board

oh, and if we win this game, I propose he becomes the official GDT guy

Brisk-Illusion is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
  #65
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
why do i have a bad feeling we're losing this game and vs the Sens on Thursday...

speed11 is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
  #66
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
props to habs425 on the GDT, he's the best graphics designer on this board

oh, and if we win this game, I propose he becomes the official GDT guy
Your just checking to see if Harry keeps his promise not to come in the GDT aren't you?

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:43 PM
  #67
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,255
vCash: 500
I'm tired of stressing out. I just want Montreal to get the 3 wins they need to reach the magic threshold ASAP and then we can worry about accumulating gravy.

I'd be quite content with the second seed. Heck, I'd be happy with making the playoffs.

MathMan is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:45 PM
  #68
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,754
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
If not, it's gonna be a tough matchup for Grabovsky...John Madden is notoriously tough on Koivu/Plekanec, so Grabovski will have to be good tonight
Ya, Madden is one of the best in the business. Grabovski (like many others) does not match up very well against him. Which means if Pleks is out (or even if he's in), then Koivu's line needs to step up. Of course Andrei Kostitsyn was the first star last time they played, so I'd love to see that again.

Tuggy is online now  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:48 PM
  #69
HabsPack
 
HabsPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
why do i have a bad feeling we're losing this game and vs the Sens on Thursday...
It's tough for Mtl to beat NJ at full strength let along without their top center. Although I'm one of the few that has confidence in Grabs, he's by no means a Pleks at this stage of his career. Hopefully the Habs can get at least a point out of tonight's game.

Ottawa will be pumped on Thursday to show who's boss in the division, the Habs had better be more prepared than the last time the two played or it could be over early especially if Pleks isn't back by then.

I was really worried about this three game stretch, Anaheim/NJ/Ottawa ... a win tonight would be huge.

HabsPack is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
  #70
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,704
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Your just checking to see if Harry keeps his promise not to come in the GDT aren't you?

Haha...I know I was.

I have a very good feeling about this one.

4-1 Habs

GO HABS GO!!

Edit: Excellent GDT habs425

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
  #71
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,016
vCash: 883
Let's see some Smolinski magic.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:56 PM
  #72
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Let's see some Smolinski magic.
I just ate dude.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
03-11-2008, 12:59 PM
  #73
HabsPack
 
HabsPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I'm tired of stressing out. I just want Montreal to get the 3 wins they need to reach the magic threshold ASAP and then we can worry about accumulating gravy.

I'd be quite content with the second seed. Heck, I'd be happy with making the playoffs.
Second seed would be super!

Mtl has 8 of the last 12 at home where they haven't played the best all year long and with the next two games being very tough. With the way the Rags are surging and the fact Ottawa is still in Mtl's heads I could see the Habs finishing 6th and taking on the 'Canes in the first round of the playoffs. Of course, if the Habs could somehow start using home ice to their advantage, then 1st or 2nd overall would be very likely.

But the most important thing is to solidify a playoff spot. 10 points up on Buffalo and 13 on Washington with all three teams having 12 games to go, it sure looks like barring a major losing streak the Habs will be in the playoffs. And being a very good road team bodes well for their chances in making some noise which ever spot they finish the season.

HabsPack is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 01:12 PM
  #74
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 5,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Your just checking to see if Harry keeps his promise not to come in the GDT aren't you?
Now Harry will tell me again to go eat baguette at the tour eiffel

Moen is Gone is offline  
Old
03-11-2008, 01:25 PM
  #75
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Let's see some Smolinski magic.
What the... that's just wrong. Almost as wrong as him being in our lineup on a regular basis.

LilWinger11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.