HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GAMES TAKES: Back on TOP! MTL: 4 NJ: 0 - Price was Right tonight, 2nd career shutout!

Old
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Avim86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Did I really need it?
I was obviously kidding...

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
March 11 2008: Was this the Perfect Game?

1. Carey gets a shutout against Brodeur

2. We take the first place against the Devils

3. Lats, Smolinski, Ryder, Cube, Kosto etc...played well lol

4. We score four goals.

+

4 is my lucky number
I forgot one more:

5. Price got his revenge over Sutter

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
SK agrees it was his best game in the league.

All the players love the fans

Hamrlik said hes speechless

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
quarter450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
That third period spoke volumes.

Remember when we dominated so much that Kovalev was just dancing in the corners with the puck, and had enough stride to lose his glove and pick it back up without losing the puck?

Tonight was the opposite. The Devils had puck possession all over our zone, but they couldn't find a single thing to do with it because of our defensive pressure.

The Defensive play tonight was a revelation compared to the last four games. I really don't know what the difference was, but everyone was moving differently. The top line wasn't playing the same explosive hockey they are used to, but they still contributed to keeping the Devils positioning off. My only gripe was... I know he scored so lay off, but Smolinski knocked into Price again? Geez.

No more C+ games. Lets graduate the year with Honours.

Was it him that punched Price in the 3rd period? I couldn't tell.

quarter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:37 PM
komisakick ass

What a good game! Great effort by all the players!!

The best 3 players tonight were 3 20 years old hehe ... What do you guys think of this?? The future is so bright

Sergei with his best game this year (He told it himself lol)... Latendresse with another great effort during all the game and.. Price Price Price!!! He was ******* awesome

Beat the devils 4-0 is pretty nice ... and reach the fist place almost mid-march is over my dream!!Yiiipiiiii

komisakick ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
DerekDevils30

I just wanted to swing by and congratulate you guys on a big win. You were really firing on all cylinders and took a page out of the Devils book with the quick transition game. As much as the Devils have dominated the Habs in the past, it looks like your team has finally figured them out. Good solid all around game from the Habs. Quick off the rush, solid in their own end....didn't give the Devils much time and kept most of the chances to the outside.

What can I say about Carey Price?? Having watched Martin Brodeur in a Devils uniform for so long, I finally know what it feels like to see an opposition goalie shut the door on you. He outplayed Brodeur tonight and will be a top goalie in the years to come. You guys have an absolute gem with this guy.

Anyways, thanks for the great game. It should be served as wake up call for the Devils. You're the best team in the conference and it showed tonight. Hopefully we'll see you in the playoffs! Good luck!

You guys have a great fanbase...keep the Bell Centre rocking

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I forgot one more:

5. Price got his revenge over Sutter
6. 4 EVEN STRENGTH goals, KEY

and i dont know if u watched TSN "montreals powerplay slaughtered the devils the last 2 games, theyre gonna have to be very disciplined, and if they are, its gonna be very tough for montreal"

Safe to say we brought our close to A game, and as i and many have said, when we played our A game...were close to unbeatable..

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
frederixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
"ceux qui pensais q'on etait chanceux, on voulait leur montree quon et bon aussi" - Maxime Lapierre
huh... where did you take that from? was that written by a 5 year old kid or something?

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Adriatic

God the devil are almost as boring playing catch up as they are defending the lead. Seriously if it wasn't for Brodeur..this team would be hanging around with Tampa and LA..pathetic.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDevils30 View Post
I just wanted to swing by and congratulate you guys on a big win. You were really firing on all cylinders and took a page out of the Devils book with the quick transition game. As much as the Devils have dominated the Habs in the past, it looks like your team has finally figured them out. Good solid all around game from the Habs. Quick off the rush, solid in their own end....didn't give the Devils much time and kept most of the chances to the outside.

What can I say about Carey Price?? Having watched Martin Brodeur in a Devils uniform for so long, I finally know what it feels like to see an opposition goalie shut the door on you. He outplayed Brodeur tonight and will be a top goalie in the years to come. You guys have an absolute gem with this guy.

Anyways, thanks for the great game. It should be served as wake up call for the Devils. You're the best team in the conference and it showed tonight. Hopefully we'll see you in the playoffs! Good luck!

Very classy !!! All the best for the rest of the season !

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
huh... where did you take that from? was that written by a 5 year old kid or something?
i heard him say it on the radio

i wrote it, you have a problem with my writing?

Old
03-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:

Classy post man. I say this with all due respect to your team: I hope we don't see each other in the post-season!

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
1-5 in their last 6 with some major blowouts and 2 shutouts against. The wheels have finally fallen off that rickety old wagon. They're now showing how far above their heads they were playing.
The best thing about the Bruins free fall lately is not having Bruins fans going around HF thinking they could get first in the East like they were doing when they won 7 or 8 in a row a couple weeks ago.Just quieting that arrogant fan base down for a while is satisfaction enough for me.Bruins fans haven't been visiting the Habs board much lately...the silence is great.

Great game tonight from Price and SK-74 and a solid win against a formidable opponent in Marty and the Devils.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Boston is -11 and they're only 7pts back of us...they got lucky a few times this year I guess
they are only -7 because we keep beating them by 5+

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
speed11

hate to bring any negativity to such a huge win, but another 37+ shots faced....last 5 games, 39, 39, 37, 37 and now 38, that's a bit worrisome

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
hate to bring any negativity to such a huge win, but another 37+ shots faced....last 5 games, 39, 39, 37, 37 and now 38, that's a bit worrisome
the shots tonight were mostly from the outside and not dangerous

Old
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
"ceux qui pensais q'on etait chanceux, on voulait leur montree quon et bon aussi" - Maxime Lapierre
translation please.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
goalchenyuk

Toronto won 4-3 !!!

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
translation please.
Those that thought we were lucky, we wanted to show them we were good also.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Kosti46

Quote:

Classy post indeed. We wish you guys good luck as well. Unless of course you are playing us. Thanks for the nice post. Nice to see some fans can be classy even when their team loses. Thx for being who you are.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
h0ckeyman

just stopped in to say nice win tonight - the habs are a fun team to watch i wish i could catch more games. Kovalev is ridiculous...imagine if he played near this well his entire career?

oh yeah and watch out were comin for that #1 spot

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
just stopped in to say nice win tonight - the habs are a fun team to watch i wish i could catch more games. Kovalev is ridiculous...imagine if he played near this well his entire career?

oh yeah and watch out were comin for that #1 spot
were waiting for you

thanks for the kind words

Old
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
frederixx

Quote:
i heard him say it on the radio

i wrote it, you have a problem with my writing?
who said they were lucky?

i really don't mind btw... just thought he might have wrote it himself somewhere.

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Kosti46

Awesome game by the whole team tonight.

Price and S. Kosti were great tonight. These two 20 year olds put on a magical performance tonight.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Russeltown

Gainey

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote