HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Calgary @ Washington

View Poll Results: Who was tonight's MVP?
Miikka Kiprusoff 9 64.29%
Jarome Iginla 2 14.29%
Kristian Huselius 0 0%
Dion Phaneuf 2 14.29%
Matthew Lombardi 0 0%
Robyn Regehr 0 0%
Other - please specify 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Calgary @ Washington

All post-game discussion, talk and stats go here.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Terrible. Refs handed the game to Washington late, although the Flames played like crap for most of the game too and deserved to lose.

Phaneufed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:28 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Beat by the best player in the game today. Meh... I can live with that. It's going to happen some times.

The big game is tomorrow. We cannot lose to the ATL.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

I voted other, due to the refs being all Magoof about the game and being more important than any player on the ice.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

I blame DannyK for not posting 'suck flames suck' in the GDT.

We're undefeated when he does that..

Old
03-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Harbourmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
Terrible. Refs handed the game to Washington late, although the Flames played like crap for most of the game too and deserved to lose.
Oh ******** they did. The Flames were outplayed in every aspect of the game tonight. Another pathetic effort by a pathetic TEAM. We are lucky to be where we are in the standings.

Roger Millions also needs to just shut up. Every play someone is interfering with the Flames, the ice is crap (you know the same ice that Washington was playing on), makeup call blah blah blah!

This team is full a bunch of overpaid veterans on the gravy train. We aren't winning ****, and we won't be for years because Sutters hands out contracts to veteran thrash like it's candy on Halloween.

Harbourmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
AZCOYOT

Roger Millions is an idiot.. I don't know how he got that job but he is easily the worst play by play man in the business.

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Harbourmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire38 View Post
Roger Millions is an idiot.. I don't know how he got that job but he is easily the worst play by play man in the business.
It's embarassing as a Flames fan to listen to.

Harbourmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Grannys

Damn sucks to loose... And the Flames couldnt even land a hard one on Cooke, SUCKS!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbourmouth View Post
Oh ******** they did. The Flames were outplayed in every aspect of the game tonight. Another pathetic effort by a pathetic TEAM. We are lucky to be where we are in the standings.

Roger Millions also needs to just shut up. Every play someone is interfering with the Flames, the ice is crap (you know the same ice that Washington was playing on), makeup call blah blah blah!

This team is full a bunch of overpaid veterans on the gravy train. We aren't winning ****, and we won't be for years because Sutters hands out contracts to veteran thrash like it's candy on Halloween.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
And yes, the refs did. Most of the calls the refs called at the end of the game were brutal.

Old
03-12-2008, 09:51 PM
BadNewsBearcat

I love how when the Flames lose a game it's partly Millions' fault... classic.

Old
03-12-2008, 10:05 PM
CBanana

Just got home. (I also now finally have internet here.)

Looks like our penalty kill wasn't up to snuff and we let a superstar run rampant over our team. A little too late, but the Flames really could use that top shut down centre that we can throw against other teams' top lines. Yelle used to be like that but he's nowhere near as good as he used to be.

Oh well, the division lead isn't going to be settled till the final divisional stretch anyways.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 10:15 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBanana View Post
Just got home. (I also now finally have internet here.)

Looks like our penalty kill wasn't up to snuff and we let a superstar run rampant over our team. A little too late, but the Flames really could use that top shut down centre that we can throw against other teams' top lines. Yelle used to be like that but he's nowhere near as good as he used to be.

Oh well, the division lead isn't going to be settled till the final divisional stretch anyways.
Let me be the first to congratulate Edmonton on finally getting internet.

Old
03-13-2008, 12:26 AM
StreakingRed
We Want Gold!

Penalty trouble killed this team tonight. That, and lack of shots in the 3rd. Solid 1st period, and that was about it. Good thing it wasn't against a Western Conference team. Here's hoping the Flames are able to bounce back tomorrow and win in Atlanta. These points are far too valuable to be giving up.

On a positive note, Chicago and Vancouver both lost in regulation, with Anaheim being the only winning team from the West tonight (better them than the Canucks).

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 12:39 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Dissapointing loss. Played well in the first period(minus the first minute), but after that we just couldn't get any significant offence generated. Penalty trouble didn't help either. Though some of the calls were questionable and the Caps seemed to get away with a few things in the third. But thems the breaks. Get right back at it tomorrow against the Thrashers and we need to come away with the two points.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 02:19 AM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbourmouth View Post

Not surprised to see a post like this after a loss

Anyway bad penalties seemed to be our demise... Hope tomorrow night is a better result.

Will Cujo start?

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
right before they scored i was wondering why ovechkin was playing the point on the powerplay... and then i found out

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Snoil11

Beside the well-known dozy start into the game, Flames played a solid first period and controlled the game for most parts of it. Unfortunately, Kolzig was on top of his game and we couldn't convert any of our 5-on-5 chances and needed two 5-on-3 PP to score.
After the Huselius Flames stopped skating and playing and showed their annoying second sight and let the game slip out of their hands. While I agreee, that this was partly founded by some weak calls, I am not willing to put the blame on the refs. Most of the penalties resulted from lazy plays by our guys and they should know, that they have to move their feet against one of the league's fastest and most talented lines. Caps' PP was a beauty to watch and it was only a matter of time until they got the better of Kipper, who showed another great effort last night and therefore got my MVP-vote.

Old
03-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Abonics

There were positives- Iginla was Iginla, Kipper gave the flames all they could ask for. 1st Caps goal aside, the flames had a good 1st period. I also thought Lombardi continued to move his feet well last night, and though he still has tunnel vision, at least he got the puck deep on most rushes (good 3rd line play).

But some more negatives- The flames inconsistency is frustrating and is costing the team valuable points. Dumb penalties and an unwillingness/inability to outwork the opposition hurt us during the game.

That said, I expect the flames to show some resilience and beat Atlanta tonight. Can't drop 2 straight at this time of the year.

Abonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Abonics

Sidenote- could one of the mods tell me why i can't vote on the GDT polls? Thanks.

Old
03-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Hyde

The fact that the Flames were in the penalty box way too much this game, yet still had a chance in winning I consider a good thing, honestly that game could have gone either way.

MVP: Kipper he kept the Flames in the game.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abonics View Post
Sidenote- could one of the mods tell me why i can't vote on the GDT polls? Thanks.
Rookie users aren't permitted to vote. You will become a non-rookie member 90 days after registration.

Old
03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
What's been said in this thread covers most of what happened last night. Good to see we can score on 5v3's, those are the chances you HAVE to score on and we did so that was a plus. From what I heard Kipper played outstanding, so the MVP vote goes to him. Obviously you can't take that many penalties (especially one with 3 minutes left) and expect to win.

But we knew that we weren't going to win all the remaining games this season, and I'd rather lose one now (to an Eastern Conference team no less) than drop a few against our NW opponents.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Abonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Rookie users aren't permitted to vote. You will become a non-rookie member 90 days after registration.
Thank you!

Old
03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
StreakingRed
We Want Gold!

I think Mike Keenan said it best:

Quote:
"We played well for 20 minutes -- the first 20 minutes," said Flames coach Mike Keenan. "It's a frustrating group because we get satisfied pretty easily. And we took undisciplined penalties and just didn't work in the last 40 minutes.

"In the situation we're in, with the opportunity to come away with at least a point, we really didn't deserve more than we ended up getting."

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey...90886-sun.html

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote