HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov time

Old
03-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Avy*

vCash: 500
Radulov time

I can't watch preds games but dude have insane PP:ESP points ratio, only 6 PP points. Why Radulov had so little PP time? Coach don't like him? If he scored in normal for forwards pace in PP he would be top-10 in points in league.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
I can't watch preds games but dude have insane PP:ESP points ratio, only 6 PP points. Why Radulov had so little PP time? Coach don't like him? If he scored in normal for forwards pace in PP he would be top-10 in points in league.
We are too busy giving superstars like Vernon Fiddler powerplay time....

Your guess is as good as mine. Our powerplay blows, but we are pretty much uncreative in our powerplay game plan. Additionally, Trotz doesn't like to put certain players on the PP. It has taken Legwand until this year to get any modicum of PP time. Judging by Trotz's track record, Radulov still has 4 to 5 years to go before he starts seeing meaningful PP time.

03-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
You guys will do better next year with Mike Cammalleri on your PP

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
You guys will do better next year with Mike Cammalleri on your PP
WITH Stamkos ... I agree

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
WITH Stamkos ... I agree
Say what now. . .?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
We are too busy giving superstars like Vernon Fiddler powerplay time....

Your guess is as good as mine. Our powerplay blows, but we are pretty much uncreative in our powerplay game plan. Additionally, Trotz doesn't like to put certain players on the PP. It has taken Legwand until this year to get any modicum of PP time. Judging by Trotz's track record, Radulov still has 4 to 5 years to go before he starts seeing meaningful PP time.
Radulov and Dumont basically have much more ESP points than Savard, Getzlaf etc. In "normal" team these guys can be top-15 forwards in friggin NHL. Have preds ever had ppg forward in last 10 years under Trozky?

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Radulov and Dumont basically have much more ESP points than Savard, Getzlaf etc. In "normal" team these guys can be top-15 forwards in friggin NHL. Have preds ever had ppg forward in last 10 years under Trozky?
yes ... Kariya in 05-06

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 12:03 PM
vipera1960

Quote:
I think there are two things really. First of all, Radulov has been on the 2nd power play unit all season. He's getting power play time, it's just that our power play sucks. The other thing is that, at this point in his career, he's just not ass effective on the power play as he is at even strength. Case in point, he's very good stickhandling on the rush, but when the play slows down (i.e. power play) he tends to lose control of the puck more. I think he could be quite good in front of the net, but unfortunately Bonk put up some good numbers at the beginning of the year and Trotz refuses to admit that he's just not getting it done now.

vipera1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipera1960 View Post
I think there are two things really. First of all, Radulov has been on the 2nd power play unit all season. He's getting power play time, it's just that our power play sucks. The other thing is that, at this point in his career, he's just not ass effective on the power play as he is at even strength. Case in point, he's very good stickhandling on the rush, but when the play slows down (i.e. power play) he tends to lose control of the puck more. I think he could be quite good in front of the net, but unfortunately Bonk put up some good numbers at the beginning of the year and Trotz refuses to admit that he's just not getting it done now.
Disagree on the first part, and agree on the second part. In all honesty, Radulov goes to the net more often and more effectively than anyone on this team. He is also the most talented (or second behind Dumont) player on the team with the puck. For him not to be on the 1st pp unit is a travesty.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Roger Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Disagree on the first part, and agree on the second part. In all honesty, Radulov goes to the net more often and more effectively than anyone on this team. He is also the most talented (or second behind Dumont) player on the team with the puck. For him not to be on the 1st pp unit is a travesty.
Absolutely agree with this. Dumont-Arnott-Radulov have such good chemistry at even strength so you'd think putting them on the same powerplay unit would make good things happen....right?

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 09:08 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Predator View Post
Absolutely agree with this. Dumont-Arnott-Radulov have such good chemistry at even strength so you'd think putting them on the same powerplay unit would make good things happen....right?
Just a thought here but maybe Legwand is on the first unit because he is the only one that can consistently carry the puck into the zone.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote