HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

karlsson

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2004, 12:48 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
karlsson

so wat do we know about htis guy except that h'es real physical?

is he a future top 6er? can he be a scorer?

Old
01-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
He's a projected third liner with a goal scoring touch and a mean streak

Old
01-31-2004, 01:03 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Few of us (if any) have actually since this guy play. He played at a couple of WJCs but has never attended a prospect camp or anything like that. Predatore and some of the others on the Sweden board could give you better insight.

I don't think even the Kings organization knows exactly what he will be like. His projection has a ceiling (top power forward) and a floor (4th line grinder), but know one really has a good idea of where in that range he'll ultimately end up until (if) he comes over and plays against other top prospects in the AHL on a nightly basis.

He's billed as a physical scorer, but the lack of goals this season leaves some cause for concern. However, he's still young and he's still playing on the bottom lines. Who knows, he might make onto the 2nd line next season and put in 10-15 goals or he might end up right back on the 4th line grinding his way into oblivion.

01-31-2004, 01:10 AM
zeppelin97

Will Karlsson ever come over? It seems like he's commited towards his homeland more than developing into an NHL player. At this rate, it could be 6-10 years before he even considers trying out for the NHL, since he'll never be ready.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:02 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Will Karlsson ever come over? It seems like he's commited towards his homeland more than developing into an NHL player. At this rate, it could be 6-10 years before he even considers trying out for the NHL, since he'll never be ready.
IIRC, he signed for 2 years with his club at the beginning of the year...i'm sure the kings will make a pitch after that contract ends..

01-31-2004, 04:14 AM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
IIRC, he signed for 2 years with his club at the beginning of the year...i'm sure the kings will make a pitch after that contract ends..
I think there was a buyout clause in the contract should the Kings want to bring him over.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:19 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
posters from the sweedish board have come by once in a while and they project him to be much better than just a 3rd liner...

Old
01-31-2004, 04:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
not exactly what you're looking for in a first round pick.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:30 AM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Agreed, but it was a fairly week draft that year after about pick 15.

Really, there's not much going on after Karlsson. Of the few that are actually doing something, DT managed to get one of them in Cammy.

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 01-31-2004 at 04:40 AM.
Old
01-31-2004, 06:25 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
posters from the sweedish board have come by once in a while and they project him to be much better than just a 3rd liner...
That's what I've remember too. They said a better version of Tomas Holmstrom who fights and hits like a train.

Old
01-31-2004, 03:02 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I don't know. If he's added some foot speed he's going to be a great player. If he hasn't he'll be that ultimate utility forward that makes any team great but who never seems to step into stardom himself. Either way, as long as he comes over and starts making some noise I'd be pretty happy with that pick. Everybody here had given up on Steckle too, but it looks like he and Karlsson will become two members of a frightening grind line in the future and that's not so bad.

Old
01-31-2004, 04:01 PM
punchy1

Right said. He also is spending his time on the fourth line for the most part recieving those kind of minutes. I would reckon that given some significant playing time in Manchester that we might see some real spark in him. Remember, we have one of the biggest scouting systems in europe of any NHL team and our scouts, the lads who have made us one of the top loaded talent pools in the game saw something in him that they loved enough to draft him in the first round.

I still believe that he will turn into that energy,grit, talent third liner with some second line skills guy that we hoped he would be when drafted. The book is still open on this one.

Old
02-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Few of us (if any) have actually since this guy play. He played at a couple of WJCs but has never attended a prospect camp or anything like that. Predatore and some of the others on the Sweden board could give you better insight.

I don't think even the Kings organization knows exactly what he will be like. His projection has a ceiling (top power forward) and a floor (4th line grinder), but know one really has a good idea of where in that range he'll ultimately end up until (if) he comes over and plays against other top prospects in the AHL on a nightly basis.

He's billed as a physical scorer, but the lack of goals this season leaves some cause for concern. However, he's still young and he's still playing on the bottom lines. Who knows, he might make onto the 2nd line next season and put in 10-15 goals or he might end up right back on the 4th line grinding his way into oblivion.

Jens DID attend one of the July prospects camp 2 years ago at Health South.
Jens looked pretty good out there compared to the others. He skated well, and had a decent shot. I saw him at a couple of practices, but I think he wasn't playing in the scrimmage I went to...either was Cammalleri, who had a hip pointer. I saw Mike and chatted with him for about ten minutes during the scrimmage. I don't think many recognized Cammalleri, as that was his first camp. He went back to Michigan that year.

Old
02-02-2004, 02:32 AM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
Jens DID attend one of the July prospects camp 2 years ago at Health South.
Jens looked pretty good out there compared to the others. He skated well, and had a decent shot. I saw him at a couple of practices, but I think he wasn't playing in the scrimmage I went to...either was Cammalleri, who had a hip pointer. I saw Mike and chatted with him for about ten minutes during the scrimmage. I don't think many recognized Cammalleri, as that was his first camp. He went back to Michigan that year.
He did? I guess I don't remember ever seeing him out there.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
He did? I guess I don't remember ever seeing him out there.
Affirmative. I have been to all of the July Rookie camps - I typically get out there for 2 or 3 practices and always make 1 of the scrimmages.

I recall watching Jens insome drills. For the life of me, I can't remember if he played in the scrimmage I went to, but I know he was at one rookie camp. He was not at the last one, and has only made 1 of them.

Old
02-02-2004, 04:53 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
Affirmative. I have been to all of the July Rookie camps - I typically get out there for 2 or 3 practices and always make 1 of the scrimmages.

I recall watching Jens insome drills. For the life of me, I can't remember if he played in the scrimmage I went to, but I know he was at one rookie camp. He was not at the last one, and has only made 1 of them.
I remember one of the Scrimmage games which at that point they weren't getting attendence like now. It was at 9:30 in the Morning. Karlsson scored in one where he just ripped a slapper over the goalies glove from above the circles. Someone showed a video last year. Where he cracked some guy. Wouldn't mind him over here.

Old
02-02-2004, 05:29 AM
LinkGtz23

Karlsson

"A big physical player with scoring skills". Sounds like the kind of player who might eventually standout on special teams, especially the powerplay.

Old
02-02-2004, 07:45 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25
I remember one of the Scrimmage games which at that point they weren't getting attendence like now. It was at 9:30 in the Morning. Karlsson scored in one where he just ripped a slapper over the goalies glove from above the circles. Someone showed a video last year. Where he cracked some guy. Wouldn't mind him over here.
i remember that video. he totally crushed some guy into the boards who had to be taken off on a stretcher, maybe unconcious. by the way, know exactly how good the swedish elite league is? and didn't frolunda win the championship last year? its nice that he's playing on a winning team in (from what i've heard) is a relatively tough league, although that does cut into his icetime.

Old
02-04-2004, 04:12 PM
David A. Rainer

Here's a quote from Predatore about Karlsson. For those of you who don't know who Predatore is, he's one of the members of the HF Staff who lives in Sweden and closely follows Swedish hockey and (I'm pretty sure) runs the site Eliteprospects.com - one of the best resources for swedish prospects on the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
Karlsson
Still getting ice-time and playing on the third line with Alex Steen and role player Jonas Esbjörs. The line has been struggling terribly the last 25 games or so and scored very few goals.
I see Karlsson as more of a NHL player than a SEL player. I don't think he'll ever become a big star in Sweden but could very well become an appreciated player in the NHL, with his tough game. I can see him turning into a Marcus Nilson type of player.

Old
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Here's a quote from Predatore about Karlsson. For those of you who don't know who Predatore is, he's one of the members of the HF Staff who lives in Sweden and closely follows Swedish hockey and (I'm pretty sure) runs the site Eliteprospects.com - one of the best resources for swedish prospects on the web.
Karlsson would definetly benefit from the NHL style of play and smaller ice surface. I hope he signs a contract and comes over here in the offseason

Closed Thread