HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for...

Old
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
ThorntonFan19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD1982 View Post
Andy Greene and a 4th for Goc.
Could you tell me a little about greene?

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 09:31 AM
ThorntonFan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
To NYR: Goc
To SJ: Michael Sauer, 4th rd pick 09

Close?

Could you tell me a little more about Sauer

Old
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
I just didn't know how he could fit in to our line-up. We have Vlasic, Rivet, Campbell, Murray, Carle and Ehrhoff. Where would he fit in? I suppose if we trade carle..., but I don't like the idea of trading him now.
Well, it's not like he's too likely to be make the line-up in the next year or 2. You are also assuming that the Sharks will be able to re-sign both Vlasic and Murray (who is a UFA, not an RFA) after next season. So there is at least one opening there. Not to mention it's questionable if the Sharks can keep Campbell, so that's another possibility. And finally, when Wishart is ready to play regular minutes in the NHL in a year or 2, it could be that Rivet could be traded or waived (I'm not a fan of his contract and am not convinced he will stay at his current level of play for more than a year or 2, just my opinion).

But if you look at skill-set and style of play, in many ways Wishart would be a very good replacement for Rivet. He's a bit less physical (now), but has more offensive upside and possibly better defensive skills as well.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
ThorntonFan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Well, it's not like he's too likely to be make the line-up in the next year or 2. You are also assuming that the Sharks will be able to re-sign both Vlasic and Murray (who is a UFA, not an RFA) after next season. So there is at least one opening there. Not to mention it's questionable if the Sharks can keep Campbell, so that's another possibility. And finally, when Wishart is ready to play regular minutes in the NHL in a year or 2, it could be that Rivet could be traded or waived (I'm not a fan of his contract and am not convinced he will stay at his current level of play for more than a year or 2, just my opinion).

But if you look at skill-set and style of play, in many ways Wishart would be a very good replacement for Rivet. He's a bit less physical (now), but has more offensive upside and possibly better defensive skills as well.
You have some good points with Vlasic and Murray...

Old
03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post
I just didn't know how he could fit in to our line-up. We have Vlasic, Rivet, Campbell, Murray, Carle and Ehrhoff. Where would he fit in? I suppose if we trade carle..., but I don't like the idea of trading him now.
Well Wishart doesn't have to come up immediatly. Maybe its best if he spends a couple of years in the A.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
what would SJS want from the NYI for Mclearan?

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubaryk11 View Post
what would SJS want from the NYI for Mclearan?
Just a pick probably. A 2nd rounder would probably get you McLaren and rights to a young UFA like Iggulden (if you were interested).

A 1st might get you both McLaren and Goc (if you want a young, fast, defensively minded RFA center). Possibly more depending on where you end up in the draft.

The Sharks have no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the upcoming draft, and they are stacked with young prospects. So draft picks in those 3 rounds will go a long way.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

The way I see the Sharks off-season going is that they probably won't have any serious trade negotiations until they have figured out whether or not Brian Campbell will re-sign with them. The time frame however is crucial because if they get a good offer for Patrick Marleau, they'll need something before July. I actually don't see this happening because no team will take Patrick Marleau on w/o giving up a contract of their own and that most likely won't work for San Jose and the value would be off in such a deal.

If Brian Campbell re-signs, I think Matt Carle will be dealt first and maybe traded with Marcel Goc for prospects and picks...maybe to a team like the Thrashers or Islanders. After that, I believe they would look into dumping Kyle McLaren off to a team that is interested in a veteran to help their blue line like the Penguins or Devils.

To recap, Brian Campbell re-signs, Marleau stays, Matt Carle, Kyle McLaren, and Marcel Goc all gone. lol

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 03:42 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Where was Brian Campbell at age 23?
Would you want Brian Campbell at 23 and to pay him $3M/yr?

Ideally, you get the best of everything and get Brian Campbell cheap at 28 when he's past his "young D mistakes" stage. Will Carle be reliable enough during San Jose's window to win the cup? Nabby and Joe might not be the same players 2-3 years from now.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Plager05

Marek Schwarz and something else(3rd/4th)? for Carle.

Plager05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Would you want Brian Campbell at 23 and to pay him $3M/yr?

Ideally, you get the best of everything and get Brian Campbell cheap at 28 when he's past his "young D mistakes" stage. Will Carle be reliable enough during San Jose's window to win the cup? Nabby and Joe might not be the same players 2-3 years from now.
Well, the Matt Carle signing definitely didn't make too much sense now or at the time but regardless, if necessary, he'll find a new home for Matt Carle as he's still got loads of potential and has shown some ability with a 40 point season during his first full year. A sophomore slump isn't exactly unheard of. I'm certain there will be a taker for him but he's not going to be given away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05 View Post
Marek Schwarz and something else(3rd/4th)? for Carle.
Sharks don't need goaltending prospects. If I were GM, I'd be looking at a package involving Lars Eller but that's probably just me or a couple high picks.

Old
03-25-2008, 10:03 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 1044
I tought these posts where outlawed

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:27 AM
NYRKing

NYR give 3rd rounder and michael sauer for mclaren. Sauer is projected to be a solid defensive dman. Big guy, hard hitter, he was a second round pick from a couple of years ago. He's had some injury problems but when he's on the ice he is very solid.

NYRKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKing View Post
NYR give 3rd rounder and michael sauer for mclaren. Sauer is projected to be a solid defensive dman. Big guy, hard hitter, he was a second round pick from a couple of years ago. He's had some injury problems but when he's on the ice he is very solid.
I'd go for that. The Sharks are going to be looking for more prospects and picks to add to their pool while shedding some cap space. This would be an ideal trade during the off-season for the Sharks.