HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kilger

Old
03-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Guillemin

vCash: 500
Kilger

With him not showing up since being acquired by the Cats, should they not get their pick back or some type of compensation?

Or is it their responsibility to ensure the player will report to play for the team before acquiring him?

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Martin, who said there would be no "recourse" against the Leafs, had been aware that Kilger had previously missed time when the trade was finalized. But that did not stop the Panthers GM from granting his newly acquired forward another leave of absence "for a couple of days" to "attend some personal matters."
http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=357864

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Ten

Guess that answers the question...

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
The Saurus

No.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 10:31 PM
TJT

Kilger will not be a UFA at the end of the year.

He still has one year at $700K remaining.

TJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Krazy

I originally would have said yes, but since the leafs got shanghai-ed on the whole MArk bell going to jail thing I will say buyer beware.

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I originally would have said yes, but since the leafs got shanghai-ed on the whole MArk bell going to jail thing I will say buyer beware.
caveat emptor.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
winterblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
The leafs were fully aware that mark bell was going to jail.

winterblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 08:28 AM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterblues View Post
They weren't aware that the League was going to suspend him for 30 games or w/e it was

joepeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterblues View Post
Well, I wouldn't be sure if Fergie knew that.

But yeah, Martin dealt for Kilger, knew he was having problems, and it's too bad for him. Plus, Kilger will be back next season, if not this season, so it's not like he's never gonna wear a Panthers jersey.

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Mad Habber

It all comes down to disclosure. In the case of the Leafs acquiring Bell, they were fully aware of his impending suspension and nuptials to "Bubba" on Cell Block 9.

In Florida's case, if they were not made aware of the problems facing Kilger, they could demand the league step in and declare the trade void. In this case though, I'm not sure if they were fully aware of his situation, but have decided to not pursue the matter and wait for Kilger to come back.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2008, 04:11 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
It all comes down to disclosure. In the case of the Leafs acquiring Bell, they were fully aware of his impending suspension and nuptials to "Bubba" on Cell Block 9.

In Florida's case, if they were not made aware of the problems facing Kilger, they could demand the league step in and declare the trade void. In this case though, I'm not sure if they were fully aware of his situation, but have decided to not pursue the matter and wait for Kilger to come back.
But Kilger can play he just wont (personal reasons, whatever they are), thats a different scenario, Florida didnt acquire him then find out he had a hidden injury, if Kilger wanted to play he would be playing right now.

Note i have no idea what his "personal reasons" are so he could very well have a good reason.

VanW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
But Kilger can play he just wont (personal reasons, whatever they are), thats a different scenario, Florida didnt acquire him then find out he had a hidden injury, if Kilger wanted to play he would be playing right now.

Note i have no idea what his "personal reasons" are so he could very well have a good reason.
But Toronto was aware that Kilger wasn't playing because of "personal reasons". They also know what those reasons are, and maybe even when he can come back to play. This is like an injury.

If no one knew that Dan Ryder wasn't interested in playing hockey anymore except for Calgary and they turned around and traded him to Buffalo for example. Then Buffalo finds out Ryder doesn't want to play and informs the Sabres that the Flames organization was fully aware of this prior to the trade. The Sabres would lodge a complaint to the league and the league would award them compensation from the Flames. In this case Ryder doesn't have any injuries either.

This is essentially the same, but Florida is fully aware of the situation. I doubt the Leafs tried to do anything like that because there probably would be a hefty penalty for something like this.

Old
03-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:

Lots of cases lately where it doesn't seem teams fully disclosed all the info regarding a player. Sens did the same when trading Eaves. Didn't tell the severity of his shoulder injury.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

What did the Panthers give up for him?

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

A 3rd round pick.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Bills09

for once the leafs hosed someone..
we deserve it for how many times we got fleeced.
let us have this one.

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
JenDub33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
for once the leafs hosed someone..
we deserve it for how many times we got fleeced.
let us have this one.
... so true... and yet so sad at the same time

JenDub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Northern Dancer

Quote:

It was well know that Kilger had missed several Leaf games due to personal reasons. Florida would have been pretty dumb NOT to know that.

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
It was well know that Kilger had missed several Leaf games due to personal reasons. Florida would have been pretty dumb NOT to know that.
I was just saying as a hypothetical basically. I figure they were fully aware of Kilger's situation, but maybe hopeful he'd come anyways. Sorta like a change of scenery. Anyways, he can join them next season.