HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Prongers stomp

Old
03-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Kachino

vCash: 500
Wow, just heard the 8 game suspension. I just have this bad taste in my mouth about that. I thought it was going to be way more but I guess they didn't want to suspend him for the playoffs. I've never been a Pronger fan but I always consider him one of the top defensemen in the league. It's kind of scary for opposing players to go in the corner to retrieve the puck when there's someone who can just cross the line and hurt you really bad. Considering his track record (stick to the throat, kicking, big slash behind the legs, skate stomping, elbow to the face, hit from behind...), I thought he was getting at least 10-15 games. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure he's going to get into another incident... and then we are still going to talk about him. Campbell took his decision and we as hockey fans have to ****** live with it. Very frustrating. I guess next time, if something awful happens on the ice (big cross check, big hit from behind, skate stomp resulting to injury), it would probably take a near fatal injury or a career ending injury to change the league's politics. That's really unfortunate but that's my opinion. Try to imagine if in both "stomping" cases, the guy at the receiving end couldn't play hockey anymore? What would have happened then? Guess, we won't know until it happens right?

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Sens Army*

Wow

I hope Chris Pronger gets injured

Sens Army* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 04:50 PM
snakeye

Would be interesting to see how many games the next stomper will get, since the league just lowered the bar with pronger's 8 game suspension.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN85 View Post
Would be interesting to see how many games the next stomper will get, since the league just lowered the bar with pronger's 8 game suspension.
You meant the league highered the bar with Pronger's 8 games suspension?

The most the guy got was 4 games...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN85 View Post
It sucks that a repeat offender like Pronger(and one of the chippiest players in the NHL) only gets 8 games while Simon got 30 games. The NHL has a blatant double standard.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 06:03 PM
HabsoluteFate

NHL Refs = joke
NHL Suspensions = joke

Why does Campbell or whatever his name is still have a job?

8 Games = 0 playoff games missed. It is a joke. If your a repeat offender your suspensions should be harsher. Honestly the league gave him an amount with the idea that they did not want him missing a playoff game

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 06:42 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
NHL Refs = joke
NHL Suspensions = joke

Why does Campbell or whatever his name is still have a job?

8 Games = 0 playoff games missed. It is a joke. If your a repeat offender your suspensions should be harsher. Honestly the league gave him an amount with the idea that they did not want him missing a playoff game
Burkey used a little "elbow greese" so his buddy Pronger would only get 8 games.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 09:06 PM
habfaninvictoria

All this suspension does is rest Pronger up for the playoffs. He's always been given a free ride when it comes to suspensions. He won't learn anything from it, he needs a real suspension to send a message to him. The message this sends is that it's ok to do whatever you want if your an elite player.............

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 09:27 PM
One Trick Pony

Wow the league just lost all its credibily.. seriously.. Simon gets 30 and Pronger 8??? What kind of joke is that. And on top of that, they calculated everything so he doesn't miss a playoff game? This is ridiculous. They gave him a suspension because they know it's something we can't do, but why the hell only 8 when Simon gets 30 when the intention was the same, both doind something really stupid and dangerous? Anyways...

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

The Ducks were pleading for only a 7 games suspension. But the NHL showed they don't cater to Burke's every whim by tagging an extra game.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 09:53 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Pronger has as much history as Simon...
Like Medicine Hat has as much history as New York

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Corey

I agree with the sentiment that a suspension of 8 games isn't nearly enough punishment for Pronger, who has a long history of being a dirty player. However, in watching the video I saw what Kesler did to him, wrapping his legs around Pronger's ankle so that Pronger couldn't get back into the play.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Iwishihadacup

my pic ture on last page pretty sums it up, he's about to go stomp some grape while purgin his suspension

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote