HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next time a lil shove maybe??

Old
03-15-2008, 12:13 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
Backman SUCKS

Strudwick had a somewhat decent game.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A #1 TOP NOTCH DEFENDER!
do you watch the games?.....or are you just going along with what someone started a week ago trying to be cool?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 12:29 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
do you watch the games?.....or are you just going along with what someone started a week ago trying to be cool?
A week ago???????? The game was last night. And besides, this is dumb. How can I possibly think I'm cool because I thought it was maybe Backman responsible for a bad play. After that, I had admitted that I did'nt see the replay but it did'nt matter anyway. I was making a different point that was not just directed at Backman. Anyone else actually think of the words "trying to be cool" when reading the posts on these threads?? It's got to be the dumbest statement I've read ever.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2008, 01:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfn9agny94 View Post
A week ago???????? The game was last night. And besides, this is dumb. How can I possibly think I'm cool because I thought it was maybe Backman responsible for a bad play. After that, I had admitted that I did'nt see the replay but it did'nt matter anyway. I was making a different point that was not just directed at Backman. Anyone else actually think of the words "trying to be cool" when reading the posts on these threads?? It's got to be the dumbest statement I've read ever.
first of all.....i wasnt talking to you.....but since you felt the need to reply, i will as well.....

i love when people who dont watch the games or barely watch any games make blanket statements like BACKMAN SUCKS and such.......and to say that is the dumbest statement you have ever read is a bold, bold statement.....and yes.....people do just go along with what people say instead of thinking of their own opinions....and i consider that "follwoing the leader" or "trying to be cool"......and i am not the only one who has said so on these boards.....

but like i said, i wasnt talking to you

Old
03-15-2008, 02:14 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
first of all.....i wasnt talking to you.....but since you felt the need to reply, i will as well.....

i love when people who dont watch the games or barely watch any games make blanket statements like BACKMAN SUCKS and such.......and to say that is the dumbest statement you have ever read is a bold, bold statement.....and yes.....people do just go along with what people say instead of thinking of their own opinions....and i consider that "follwoing the leader" or "trying to be cool"......and i am not the only one who has said so on these boards.....

but like i said, i wasnt talking to you
Well I apologize then. I thought you referring to the person who started the thread (which was obviously me). I'm just here to talk about Rangers hockey. I have been watching the games and seen some mistakes and some good plays made by him. I was more concerned (which is why I started this thread) about the coverage on Jokinen in one particular play. The reason why I thought it to be a dumb statement was because yes. I thought it was directed toward me because I started the whole thread. Now, realizing that it was not a direct statement toward the starter of the thread. I once again I do apologize.

Old
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM
gravytrain6t

Some one please!!!!!!!

Another perfect example of not getting your man and making someone pay a price in front of the net to score a goal. Forget Backman. He looked like the best defenseman we had in this game. St. Louis could have had another rebound shot if he wanted too. I just feel bad for Lundquist. Initially, I was upset with Jokinen's goal last night and the sloppy defensive coverage and thought it was Backman's responsibility but upon further review I changed my mind. As a matter of fact I'm all in favor of keeping Backman in the lineup no matter who comes back. I have a strong hunch after watching him play a few games, that he can shoot, pass, and skate with anyone else the Rangers have back there. I'm not concerned with the mistakes because he's not the only one. The Rangers did'nt score any goals anyway but still. This team needs to practice picking up men in their own zone and boxing people out or something. The Rangers team is at their best when they play great team defense. Anyway I'm still staying positive!!!! Let's go Rangers!!!

Old
03-16-2008, 12:58 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfn9agny94 View Post
Well I apologize then. I thought you referring to the person who started the thread (which was obviously me). I'm just here to talk about Rangers hockey. I have been watching the games and seen some mistakes and some good plays made by him. I was more concerned (which is why I started this thread) about the coverage on Jokinen in one particular play. The reason why I thought it to be a dumb statement was because yes. I thought it was directed toward me because I started the whole thread. Now, realizing that it was not a direct statement toward the starter of the thread. I once again I do apologize.
HAHA, no need to apologize, really, i understand....people can be aggressive on these boards......i just dont like when people dont watch the games and just look at stats or just read one persons opinion and deem it fact in their mind like the whole "BACKMAN SUCKS" thing.....he is a good player and he has good skills....people need to open their eyes and realize there are bigger problems with the team....

again, no need to apologize, we all love the same team!!

LETS GO RANGERS

Old
03-16-2008, 02:35 PM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
i don't miss a game my man, and i play div. 2 hockey...i think i know the game. I'm not saying we dont need him right now, because we do. But at years end? get rid of him. we need better than that....have u watched his recent games??? ugh. And please don't play backman and strudwick together...disaster waiting to happen.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 02:37 PM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
realize there are bigger problems with the team....
i truly think us not having a #1 defenseman is our problem. (Leetch Style)

Old
03-16-2008, 03:21 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
i truly think us not having a #1 defenseman is our problem. (Leetch Style)
Every team would love to have a Brian Leetch. I'd rather have a Stevens type for this team (I know everyone would love to have him on their team as well). The bottom line is, we obviously needed much better defensive zone coverage on a bunch of those goals over the weekend. After all, in lasts nights game, Lundquist had absoulutely no shot to save either one of those goals. He was helpless. The same thing on the Joki goal. But defensive zone coverage is only a chip of the iceburg when talking about what went wrong in "Ranger Land" over the weekend. Everyone has too be held responsible.

Old
03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
NY Ranger86

not disagreeing with you what so ever.

how bout Avery, Sjustrom & Jagr missing empty nets? lol AH!

Old
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
not disagreeing with you what so ever.

how bout Avery, Sjustrom & Jagr missing empty nets? lol AH!
lol. Yea, not the type of games you want to save on your DVR.

Old
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
mstraka82

give aves something he is dating an ugly woman, such a loser fashion guy

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote