HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick Suggestions

Old
03-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Leo W

vCash: 500
Stick Suggestions

Well guys, for me it's about time for a new stick. Right before tryout time is where I get mine. I have been thinking about quite a few sticks. Tell me any feedback about any of them please. Except for the Synergy SE because I had that and I loved it. Anyways, here have been some of my options so far:

Warrior AK-27 Shaft
Warrior Johnson Shaft
Synergy SE (Grip)
TPS R8
Warrior Kronik
Synergy S17

That's about it for me, any other suggestions from you guys?

Leo W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Heat McManus

The only stick my store carries right now is the S17 (it's actually a Stealth :wink As with most first run products, we've had mixed results with it. With all the r&d they put into the stick (elliptical bottom third, different bladder in the blade, moving the bonding point) it has not gotten completely rave reviews about the performance. There have also been a few durability concerns.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I personally dont like stick with Grip on them. Your hands shouldnt really be suctioned to the shaft IMO so the Grip is out of the question for me. I dont know too much about Warrior sticks but I assume they are good considering the amount of players who use them. I would stick with the Synergy non Grip stick. Synergy's have never let me down so I would go with that.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Leo W

Well, I had the Warrior Dolomite and I really liked it and I haven't tried out any other Warriors since my Dolomite snapped early this year. Now I use a RBK 7K SickKick by the way. But is the Dolomite any different compared to any of the new Warrior sticks out on the market now? What about the Warrior shafts? Do they feel like a one piece? Thanks guys.

Old
03-16-2008, 10:02 PM
deanosaur

i like two piece sticks.
synergy II with warrior blade in it is my snipe show stick

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Nosebleed Section

S17 has incredible performance. You get a super low and whippy kick but it doesn't reverberate throughout the whole shaft like its gonna snap. Only problem is that with the elliptical narrow tapering at the bottom I think it's alot more prone to breaking.

I think you'll find similar stick in the the SE and the dolomite both fairly good on performance and pretty good durability.

I personally would recomend Easton SE, SL or Warrior Dolomite. The Warrior Kronik also looks pretty good but no first hand experience with it.

Whats a Johnson? Never heard of it.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:42 PM
XweekendwarriorX

TPS R8 is the best. i have used TPS sticks for the past year and have had no problems with any stick i had. i used alot of different sticks but have found the R4 is a awesome stick great feel and touch on it.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:45 PM
K-PAX*

Synergy SE. You can't replace the blade if you break the S17. I only bought mine because I got it at a great bargain. My shot with the SE is amazing now because I don't care if I break it. So if you're not a ***** with your stick like I am, it should be nice. Plus you can put a blade in it.

K-PAX* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin View Post
S17 has incredible performance. You get a super low and whippy kick but it doesn't reverberate throughout the whole shaft like its gonna snap. Only problem is that with the elliptical narrow tapering at the bottom I think it's alot more prone to breaking.

I think you'll find similar stick in the the SE and the dolomite both fairly good on performance and pretty good durability.

I personally would recomend Easton SE, SL or Warrior Dolomite. The Warrior Kronik also looks pretty good but no first hand experience with it.

Whats a Johnson? Never heard of it.

The newest Warrior shaft on the market.

Old
03-17-2008, 10:02 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
And don't think it belongs in that group...it's a mid-range shaft IIRC.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote