HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack PHANTOMS (schedule within post #403)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
3-2 Phantoms are losing. Dont know who scored the second goal.
Laliberte off Matsumoto and Maroon.

Of course you could follow the Boxscore live.

Old
04-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
3-2 Phantoms are losing. Dont know who scored the second goal.
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1005855

EDIT: You beat me to it, Chaos, but Laliberte just scored again, to tie it!

Old
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
chaosof99*

2nd Intermission, Phantoms up 4-3. Ross scored the go ahead goal. JVR still 0 in points and +/-.

Old
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Laliberte off Matsumoto and Maroon.

Of course you could follow the Boxscore live.
Thanks, it wasnt working for me earlier.

Old
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
flyersguy33*

Phantoms win 6-3. JVR with only 1 shot on goal and finished even

Bingo lost in the gheyout so, we are now 3 points behind with a game in hand

Old
04-01-2009, 09:25 PM
catchthesun

David Laliberte got the hatty tonight, and almost got a 4th goal in the third.

JVR looked good in his debut - very eager, got a fairly regular shift, but he could def. hit some more. Boy is big enough.

Like someone else said, 3 pts. back with a game in hand. I think this should be interesting.

Muny looked a bit shaky to me, but he looked better as time went on. Guenin started to get frustrated by the end of the 1st.

Then the hilarious Beaulieu fight ensued. I have no idea who he was fighting with, but it was kind of like the Semin-Staal fight.

Old
04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
pelts35.com

The Phantoms have 6 games to go, 2 at home and 4 on the road (where the team is 1 game under .500 for the season). However, they have a relatively easy schedule with 3 in a row against Norfolk (2 away, 1 home), on the road against Albany and then a home and home against Hershey.

Bingo has 5 games to go (2 home and 3 road, they are 3 games over .500 on the road), 1 against a weak Rochester team, 2 against Albany, 1 against Norfolk and 1 against a good Syracuse team.

Needless to say, this upcoming weekend is huge, especially since they are playing Norfolk 3 times in a row (yet another example of how bad the AHL schedule is).

Old
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Thanks for the updates, Catch and Pelts! I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot more people checking out this thread, and your updates, in the next couple of weeks. Any insight into the games is much appreciated!

Old
04-02-2009, 04:17 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2363
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891
Quote:

Syvret honored - Philadelphia Phantoms defenseman Danny Syvret was names as a First Team AHL All-Star today. Syvret has 12 goals and 39 assists for 51 points, which places him second in the league among scoring for defensemen.

The Phantoms play back-to-back games in Norfolk, Virginia this weekend on Friday and Saturday. They are three points out of a playoff spot with six games left in the season.

Old
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I wonder if he could be a late developing NHLer or just another John Slaney.

Old
04-02-2009, 05:44 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I wish Nodl was still down. I feel if he is ever going to develop an offensive game he needs to be getting minutes in the AHL not 4th line NHL. Call Kalinski up instead, let Nodl run rampat

Old
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk View Post
Thanks for the updates, Catch and Pelts! I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot more people checking out this thread, and your updates, in the next couple of weeks. Any insight into the games is much appreciated!
You're welcome.

If you guys have any questions about the players, ask. I'll try to keep a look out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I wonder if he could be a late developing NHLer or just another John Slaney.
He would be a good bottom pairing D-man for the Flyers. What does that say to you?

I'm biased, but I like Guenin just as much. The organization doesn't seem to echo my feelings, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I wish Nodl was still down. I feel if he is ever going to develop an offensive game he needs to be getting minutes in the AHL not 4th line NHL. Call Kalinski up instead, let Nodl run rampat
The Phantoms could use Nodl right now, too. He might just turn out like Potulny and get marginalized after a season or two. He has the potential but he's too busy trying to be flashy.

Old
04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthesun View Post
You're welcome.

If you guys have any questions about the players, ask. I'll try to keep a look out.

This is a completely frivolous question, but if you can remember, can you let me know if the Phantoms wear their 3rd jerseys at all for the rest of the season? I'm a stupid, insane, jersey freak, and I'm contemplating getting one of their 3rd jerseys with JVR's name and number on it, but only if the team wears the jersey in a game that he's in. Thanks!

Old
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
This is a completely frivolous question, but if you can remember, can you let me know if the Phantoms wear their 3rd jerseys at all for the rest of the season? I'm a stupid, insane, jersey freak, and I'm contemplating getting one of their 3rd jerseys with JVR's name and number on it, but only if the team wears the jersey in a game that he's in. Thanks!
You mean the "specialty" jerseys? The Spectrum ones?

I'm fairly sure they'll wear them this Sunday, and they will be auctioned off that night.

Old
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:

I'm fairly sure they'll wear them this Sunday, and they will be auctioned off that night.
These. I dig how they have the Flyers logo on the shoulders.

Old
04-03-2009, 07:09 AM
catchthesun

Quote:
These. I dig how they have the Flyers logo on the shoulders.

Maybe it's because I'm not a big jersey person, but I never really recognized those. You should also look into those Spectrum jerseys...they're fresh.

I will definitely tell you if they wear them again, and if JVR played in that game.

Old
04-03-2009, 07:32 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:

Edit, from the Phantoms website

"The Phantoms will wear their special Spectrum tribute jerseys for the final time on Sunday. The black-based jersey is trimmed in the famous four-color Spectrum treatment. The sweaters will be auctioned off in Bullies following the game."

Unfortunately I will be on my way to Augusta, GA and unable to attend as I wouldn't mind adding one of those jerseys to my collection.

Last edited by pelts35.com: 04-03-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Edit, from the Phantoms website

"The Phantoms will wear their special Spectrum tribute jerseys for the final time on Sunday. The black-based jersey is trimmed in the famous four-color Spectrum treatment. The sweaters will be auctioned off in Bullies following the game."

Unfortunately I will be on my way to Augusta, GA and unable to attend as I wouldn't mind adding one of those jerseys to my collection.
Yeah, they're the best "special" jerseys they wore all season.

That is unfortunate. You'll miss the promotion, too. Aw well...I'm sure Georgia is nice this time of year. The only time I visited was during the summer and it was SCORCHING. I couldn't wait to get back in the car.

Dick van Riemsdyk, I think having a JVR Spectrum jersey would be boss. You might want to look into that. I mentioned it already but I think it would be a unique thing to have.

Old
04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Yeah, they're the best "special" jerseys they wore all season.

That is unfortunate. You'll miss the promotion, too. Aw well...I'm sure Georgia is nice this time of year. The only time I visited was during the summer and it was SCORCHING. I couldn't wait to get back in the car.

Dick van Riemsdyk, I think having a JVR Spectrum jersey would be boss. You might want to look into that. I mentioned it already but I think it would be a unique thing to have.
Yeah, I'd love to have one of those jerseys, especially JVR's, but I'm assuming the bidding will get way out of hand, and out of my budget.

To answer my own question though, I'm watching the Phantoms game online right now, and they're wearing the 3rd jerseys, so I'm good to go there.

Old
04-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

End of 1st period. Phantoms up 1-0, on a Ratchuk goal.

EDIT: End of 2nd. Tied 1-1.

EDIT: Phantoms win 3-2, in OT, on a Jared Ross goal. Woohoo!

Apparently, Binghamton is losing 4-0 in the 3rd, so if that holds up, the Phantoms will only be 1 point behind them, with a game in hand. I hope they can keep this up, and get into the playoffs to extend the life of the franchise, and to get JVR some good experience. As for him, I thought he had a decent game. He didn't do anything too spectacular, or too noticeable, but he wasn't bad either. I actually did notice that he hustled without the puck, which is something I think a lot of people were concerned about.

Last edited by Jim Schennson: 04-03-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old
04-03-2009, 08:43 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
Yeah, I'd love to have one of those jerseys, especially JVR's, but I'm assuming the bidding will get way out of hand, and out of my budget.

To answer my own question though, I'm watching the Phantoms game online right now, and they're wearing the 3rd jerseys, so I'm good to go there.
Sorry I couldn't have been of help. I only know the home jerseys really well.

And they do get a bit out of hand. $700 is cheap for an auctioned jersey - I expect those cool Spectrum jerseys to go for alot.

Phantoms are in OT right now in Nawfic. Bingo is down by 3 (now 4!) with plenty of time left in the 3rd. I HOPE something works out for them. Being 1 or 2 points back with a game in hand would be lovely...

EDIT: YES! They won.

Old
04-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
End of 1st period. Phantoms up 1-0, on a Ratchuk goal.

EDIT: End of 2nd. Tied 1-1.

EDIT: Phantoms win 3-2, in OT, on a Jared Ross goal. Woohoo!

Apparently, Binghamton is losing 4-0 in the 3rd, so if that holds up, the Phantoms will only be 1 point behind them, with a game in hand. I hope they can keep this up, and get into the playoffs to extend the life of the franchise, and to get JVR some good experience. As for him, I thought he had a decent game. He didn't do anything too spectacular, or too noticeable, but he wasn't bad either. I actually did notice that he hustled without the puck, which is something I think a lot of people were concerned about.
That's awesome. This is such valuable experience for JVR, doesn't matter about the points at this point in time. It's all about the level of play, including it's intensity. Hopefully, like you said, the Phantoms can sneak into the playoffs...which would be a great little taste for him. Leave him hungry going into the summer, for preperation etc.

Old
04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't have been of help. I only know the home jerseys really well.

And they do get a bit out of hand. $700 is cheap for an auctioned jersey - I expect those cool Spectrum jerseys to go for alot.

Phantoms are in OT right now in Nawfic. Bingo is down by 3 (now 4!) with plenty of time left in the 3rd. I HOPE something works out for them. Being 1 or 2 points back with a game in hand would be lovely...

EDIT: YES! They won.
No, it's cool. I happen to see the game today, so I saw that they wore the 3rd jerseys.

I found some pics of the "Spectrum jerseys", and while I like them, and they'd be a very unique collector's item, I don't have $700+ to throw around. I'd be interested to find out how much the JVR one goes for though.

Old
04-03-2009, 09:52 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
No, it's cool. I happen to see the game today, so I saw that they wore the 3rd jerseys.

I found some pics of the "Spectrum jerseys", and while I like them, and they'd be a very unique collector's item, I don't have $700+ to throw around. I'd be interested to find out how much the JVR one goes for though.

Lucky you. I refuse to pay to watch the away games. Guess I'm a bad fan.

I have no idea (once Giroux's "NHL" jersey went for about $1100, while Briere's went for $1000...wtf?), but I will be at the auction. I'll tell you what it went for.

There is hope yet for the Phantoms!

Old
04-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Another big win for the Phantoms tonight!

Closed Thread