HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Vapor Stick Question

Old
03-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

vCash: 500
Vapor Stick Question

Well my season just came to a close and I just recently realized that my stick problly only has a few games left until it breaks (spring leauge in 2 weeks) I use a Easton Stealth CNT but at a few practices I have used my friends Vapor XXX lite and a XVI. So i was wondering what is the differnce between these 4 vapor sticks (besides price)

Vapor XXXX
Vapor XXX lite
Vapor XXV
Vapor XVI

Is there a major differnce between the XXV for example and the XXXX? Or could i get basically the same stick for $100 cheaper? What one would you reccomend? Also I am second year Bantam problly going to use a 77 Flex stick and most likely my parents won't but me the XXXX (for obvious reasons)

Please don't make posts saying "get a ______ there way better!"

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Heat McManus

Basically, as you go up in price, there's a higher concentration of carbon and less fiberglass in the shaft. In addition, the Vapor XXXX and Vapor XXX Lite are both "true one pieces" in that, they are a full shaft with a blade inserted. The XXV and XVI are a shaft, with a blade bonded to it like a combo.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Diamond Joe

I believe what the previous poster said about carbon and all that is true and in turn the sticks get lighter which is a big selling point.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

oh that explains why the XVI feels like my old Easton Octane thanks

Old
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Heat McManus

Yeah, the XVI is a good stick for it's price, but it's heavier because of the fiberglass/carbon ratio.

The Vapor XXV should be around $160-$180 depending on where you get it. It's still a very good stick.

Nike Bauer is making it's sticks in China now, which sounds worse than it is. The factories they use have a very low turnover compared to some of the other manufacturers. The people there have a lot of experience working with carbon fiber. This is coming from one of Nike Bauer's pro reps.

Also, you might be able to get a closeout XXX Lite for a very good price or even another Stealth CNT.

Any reason you're

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Nosebleed Section

Just a heads up I went through 3 Vap XXX lites in a month. Definitely not the most durable stick I owned.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2008, 11:40 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin View Post
Just a heads up I went through 3 Vap XXX lites in a month. Definitely not the most durable stick I owned.
Same with me bought 2 of them done and broken within 2 months of using them that is why they are not making them no more i herd and to make room for the new XXXX. it was a great stick feel wise but durability was not a strong point.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

ya ok i'll look for a XXV or I might get another CNT or beg for a S17 but I heard the S17 is alot like the XXX Lite in durability but my team mate has been using one all season and he is defense and takes like 10 slapshots a game anybody here have problems with one?

Old
03-17-2008, 10:04 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Honestly when you hear 'lite' that doesn't seem to indicate durability. Actually same with most of these sticks, if you want performance time don't be expecting big durability....

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote