HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Interview with Mikhail Grabovski

Old
03-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Interview with Mikhail Grabovski

Was just googling for info on the Habs as usual and I found an interview with Mikhail conducted while he was down in Hamilton. By the looks of it, he did the interview in his broken English which leads to some odd comments

He talks about his play in the AHL (which was just before he was called up), his injury, his play with teams in Belarus and Russia, his play with the Habs, the Kostitsyn brothers and what he needs to work on in his game. Figured some people here would be interested in it. Here is the link to the full interview.

Quote:
McKeen's: You have skated with Andrei Kostitsyn more than Sergei. What are some of the strengths of Andrei's game?

Grabovski: Ask maybe Alexei Kovalev, maybe he knows about Kostitsyn, because I play here. He's (Kostitsyn) a good player. A good Belorussian player.

McKeen's: And Sergei?

Grabovski: Sergei, too, but Sergei is younger. Ask Kovalev. Kovalev knows about guys.

Quote:
McKeen's: You started the season in Montreal, played 12 games up there and were kind of in and out of the lineup. How did you feel about your first two months in Montreal.

Grabovski: They were good because it's a big team, a team that has big history and a lot of good players. When I was young I liked Saku Koivu, and I played together with him. That's my dream...

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Kaptain Bégin

Funny to read, his english seems good enough to make interviews, but not to say what he thinks. It's a little bit like interviews of Andrei on RDS: I play good, I shoot and I score. I like that and I like to play with my brother.

And I'm happy to see he want to be better on faceoff. He need the puck to be effective and he's not the kind of guy who can steal it easily from other players.

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Habitants

nice find!

from this interview he does not seem to have much of an atitude problem. i hope he thinks more like this. i think he is just frustrated to not play for the habs regularly, while his younger companions in kosty bros have made it. i hope he continues to work hard, so that he can stay in the lineup. i like this part

Grabovski: I'm a good skater, smart player, I move it forward and I make smart plays. I need good linemates, because I like fast hockey, very quick. Maybe I need to work on faceoffs, because sometimes I am losing. When I play NHL, I lose a lot of faceoffs, and the defensive zone. I remember [Rod] Brind'Amour is a good forward and very good player at faceoffs. I need to work on it every time and train and train and train.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
When I was young I liked Saku Koivu, and I played together with him. That's my dream...
So his dream is to play with Koivu or become a player like Koivu? Either way, that's pretty cool for him.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote