HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do not support Don Cherry

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
  #1
slyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cantley, Canada
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Do not support Don Cherry

About Cherry; if you do not want to support that clown. Sent your complaints to www.cbc.ca or customer@mooresuit.com (Moore is the sponsor of Coach Corner). http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=970081593064


Last edited by slyc: 02-06-2004 at 08:43 PM.
slyc is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 07:42 PM
  #2
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Are you going to post this in every Canadian team board ?

... I'm sick and tired of people that tell others what to do all the time

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 07:53 PM
  #3
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
Are you going to post this in every Canadian team board ?

... I'm sick and tired of people that tell others what to do all the time
I support slyc about this. It's a good cause IMO.

BigM1ke is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:04 PM
  #4
slyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cantley, Canada
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
Are you going to post this in every Canadian team board ?

... I'm sick and tired of people that tell others what to do all the time
How about the posts saying "Support Don Cherry" Are you sick and tired of these people as well. Man don't tell me what to do. If you disagree, just pass

slyc is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:13 PM
  #5
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyc
How about the posts saying "Support Don Cherry"
How' bout the post saying "Support Freedom of Speech"

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:17 PM
  #6
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyc
About Cherry; if you do not want to support that clown. Sent your complaints to www.cbc.com or customer@mooresuit.com (Moore is the sponsor of Coach Corner).
Haven't we had enough of the Don Cherry threads?

This is a Montreal Canadiens board, so let's stick to the Habs. Keep the Cherry threads elsewhere.

Habber is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:18 PM
  #7
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
How' bout the post saying "Support Freedom of Speech"
Or what about "I don't give a flying **** if this guy is thinking what is coming out of his ass or if it's just a ****ing show... My ****ing taxes are paying his huge contract so he'd better watch just the **** he's talking about."

Come on now... This guy is giving a bad rep to English Canada. I'm all for Freedom of Speech, but it has it's limits.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:19 PM
  #8
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Haven't we had enough of the Don Cherry threads?

This is a Montreal Canadiens board, so let's stick to the Habs. Keep the Cherry threads elsewhere.
Agreed... Especially since the CBC has already done somthing to correct the situation. Case closed, IMO.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:19 PM
  #9
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Or what about "I don't give a flying **** if this guy is thinking what is coming out of his ass or if it's just a ****ing show... My ****ing taxes are paying his huge contract so he'd better watch just the **** he's talking about."

Come on now... This guy is giving a bad rep to English Canada. I'm all for Freedom of Speech, but it has it's limits.
I agree that it's not because you have freedom of speech that you have to say stupid things, anyway I don't know how many times I've mentioned it but Moores pays his salary with the advertisement they show just before Coache's Corner

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:21 PM
  #10
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
I agree that it's not because you have freedom of speech that you have to say stupid things, anyway I don't know how many times I've mentioned it but Moores pays his salary with the advertisement they show just before Coache's Corner
I know that... The fact remains that CBC is a network which belongs to the state, and we (both as viewers, customers and tax payers) have a right to say just how much this twit is insulting.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
  #11
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I know that... The fact remains that CBC is a network which belongs to the state, and we (both as viewers, customers and tax payers) have a right to say just how much this twit is insulting.
Nonetheless I still think that when he starts bashing the Canadian Hockey Association he's damn right, and when he talks of the stupid rules that should change and all that stuff is where he's at his best ... and I'm also tired of talking about him, it's like when the BCS controversy happened in the NCAA, this kind of stuff always comes around every year

by the way the link doesn't work ... I guess it's CBC.CA


Last edited by Mathletic: 02-06-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:30 PM
  #12
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
Nonetheless I still think that when he starts bashing the Canadian Hockey Association he's damn right, and when he talks of the stupid rules that should change and all that stuff is where he's at his best ... and I'm also tired of talking about him, it's like when the BCS controversy happened in the NCAA, this kind of stuff always comes around every year

by the way the link doesn't work ... I guess it's CBC.CA
The guy makes some good points on occasion, but that's not why people are tuning in (and why he's so handsomely(sp?) paid). People want to see what BS he's goning to come up with. He has a bad rep here because of his racists arguments, but the fact remains that behind that redneck like attitude, Cherry knows his hockey and has some good ideas. Now if he could leave the rest of his BS at the door, I'd be fine with him. But then again, we wouldn't be talking about him, and we wouldn't watch the next Coach's Corner to see what stupidity he'll come up with.

For my money, I'll take Bob McKenzie any day over Don "Hot Dog" Cherry.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:31 PM
  #13
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
This post has everything to do with the city of montreal and the canadien's....

He put quebec people down and we have some people on the montreal forums sticking up for him?
Come on!!!!!!! THIS CANADIENS FORUM SHOULD BE ALL FOR THIS SINCE HE CALLED US WIMPS!!!!!! (In more words or less)

Habs4Life is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:32 PM
  #14
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
The guy makes some good points on occasion, but that's not why people are tuning in (and why he's so handsomely(sp?) paid). People want to see what BS he's goning to come up with. He has a bad rep here because of his racists arguments, but the fact remains that behind that redneck like attitude, Cherry knows his hockey and has some good ideas. Now if he could leave the rest of his BS at the door, I'd be fine with him. But then again, we wouldn't be talking about him, and we wouldn't watch the next Coach's Corner to see what stupidity he'll come up with.

For my money, I'll take Bob McKenzie any day over Don "Hot Dog" Cherry.
sure I'd like to watch Bob McKenzie too, and if they replace Cherry I hope they'll replace him with someone better than him not because of the comments he made

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:33 PM
  #15
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
This post has everything to do with the city of montreal and the canadien's....

He put quebec people down and we have some people on the montreal forums sticking up for him?
Come on!!!!!!! THIS CANADIENS FORUM SHOULD BE ALL FOR THIS SINCE HE CALLED US WIMPS!!!!!! (In more words or less)
When did he say that ? and by the way Pierre Falardeau was paid by SRC to make comments during the War in Iraq

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:36 PM
  #16
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
read the article!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...18&hubName=nhl

Quote taken from www.tsn.ca

Cherry landed in hot water after stating that most players who wear visors in the NHL are ``Europeans and French guys.'' His rant against mandatory use of the protective eye shields during the Hockey Night in Canada telecast was relatively mild by Cherry's standards.



But the one-time NHL and minor-league enforcer, who signed a new contract with the network for a reported $700,000 a year before the season started, has a history of giving a verbal face wash - that infuriating rub of a stinking leather glove - to Quebecers and he seems to have reached some sort of tipping point.



Federal cabinet minister Denis Coderre lashed out at Cherry earlier Friday.



``Frankly, I think when you're talking about ethnicity all the time and calling French men wimps, it's unacceptable,'' Coderre said outside the Commons.



``It's time for Don Cherry to stop pushing French Canadians around.''

Habs4Life is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:37 PM
  #17
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
if it makes you happy ... just like Sheryl's song ... http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=50184

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:38 PM
  #18
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Federal cabinet minister Denis Coderre lashed out at Cherry earlier Friday.
Don't bring his name up if you don't want to discredit everything you have said

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:41 PM
  #19
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
The worse thing he said IMO is the "french immersion" line.

I'm half dutch, half italian and don't consider myself either canadian, dutch, italian or quebequer (SP)... I closely follow both provincial and federal politics. I've never considered myself a sovereignist (SP... Damn I suck tonight), but at that point I wanted Quebec to get the **** out of Canada.

Things have calmed down now

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:42 PM
  #20
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
sovereignist (SP... Damn I suck tonight)
it's understandable, friday night, couple of beers already

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:43 PM
  #21
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
When did he say that ? and by the way Pierre Falardeau was paid by SRC to make comments during the War in Iraq
As far as I'm concerned, Falardeau isn't that far away from Cherry....

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:43 PM
  #22
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
The worse thing he said IMO is the "french immersion" line.

I'm half dutch, half italian and don't consider myself either canadian, dutch, italian or quebequer (SP)... I closely follow both provincial and federal politics. I've never considered myself a sovereignist (SP... Damn I suck tonight), but at that point I wanted Quebec to get the **** out of Canada.

Things have calmed down now
anyway this is why Canada is going nowhere it's because of old stories that won't bring us anywhere ... Québec vs Canada ... should gay marriages be legalized ... what else ?

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:44 PM
  #23
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
it's understandable, friday night, couple of beers already
Thanks, mate...

Here's to you! *gulp* (I wish... Still at work... Well, only 15 min left so here's to that to! *gulp*)

Dutchy is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:44 PM
  #24
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
As far as I'm concerned, Falardeau isn't that far away from Cherry....
I know that's why I brought that up, yet no one complains when Falardeay makes the same commentaries ... I guess it's because he's in our gang

Mathletic is online now  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:45 PM
  #25
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
anyway this is why Canada is going nowhere it's because of old stories that won't bring us anywhere ... Québec vs Canada ... should gay marriages be legalized ... what else ?
That's why I was glad the ADQ started to get some public support. Not that they had great ideas, but mainly because the PQ and the PLQ had to talk about something else that federalism.

Dutchy is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.