HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Near Impact Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Jobu

vCash: 500
Near Impact Prospects

Of current prospects, who do the gurus think will make the most of a FANTASY-related impact next year, or even two years from now? Some guys I can think of are Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Miettinen, Phenuef, Derek Roy, Beaudoin, Radulov, Upshall, Getzlaf...

I am looking to stash a couple of guys in my keeper league but am having a hard time deciding who might be the one(s) to target. Are any of these guys possible impact players? What about some other guys I may have missed?

Any insight is much appreciated.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:55 AM
downsouthockey

Well I dont know a whole heck of alot bout most pf the except for Roy(who i have followed closely) Radulov and Getzlaf and Phanuef would be the ones i would looki into the other guys i dont know much about, but I think Roy will be something specail little speedy guy could be 60pt player i dont know who you might have missed because i dont know whos avail in your league but possibly look at Marcel Goc(whos makin his North American debut bout damn time) Dominic Moore Ryan Whitney if avail i think he might come out in a year or so,Miroslav Zalesak could be something specail leading the AHL in points ,ohh and theres Timofei Shishkanov whos supposed to be the Preds future sniper

Old
02-04-2004, 08:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu
Of current prospects, who do the gurus think will make the most of a FANTASY-related impact next year, or even two years from now? Some guys I can think of are Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Miettinen, Phenuef, Derek Roy, Beaudoin, Radulov, Upshall, Getzlaf...

I am looking to stash a couple of guys in my keeper league but am having a hard time deciding who might be the one(s) to target. Are any of these guys possible impact players? What about some other guys I may have missed?

Some Impact prospects i think will be impact players are Kari Lehtonen, missing piece of what could be a very succesful Atlanta team, Nikolai Zherdev, vey talented and will be an impact player in Columbus.

Some impact players on your list would most likely be jeff Carter, Phaneuf and Roy

Old
02-08-2004, 08:54 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
some less heralded prospects that I think would be useful are

Brad Boyes, Ivan Barkunov, Ryan Clowe, Rob Globke, Matt Smaby, Tim Ramholt, Dominic Moore, Nigel Dawes, Milan Michalek and Henrik Lundqvist (G)

Old
02-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Stanger31

Send a message via Yahoo to Stanger31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu

**Kari Lehtonen Next year as back up atleast

Roman Malec- AHL next year, backup by the end of the year, Starter by year 2 or 3 (best case scenario)

Brian Finley -backup within the next 2 years, if Vokoun ever leaves just might takeover. (long shot though)

**Ryan Miller 2 years will be the starter i'd guess.

Ray Emery with the poor play of Lalime lately, Emery may have a shot to step up next year and takeover. But probably won't be the starter till Lalime is gone or 2 years has passed, whichever is first.

Cam Ward 2-3 years before he is a backup- will take over one day.

**Carter 2-3 years (2 to make it, 3 to be regular and impact) I hope faster.

M Richards 3 years Before he makes it regularly

**Getzlaf 1-2 years (1 to make it there, 2 to impact)

****Vanek Next Year if they can get him signed and up in the NHL**** (impact in first year or 2)

Shishkanov Next year, end of this year (impact in first or second year)

**Grigorenko Next year if he fully recovers and feels comfortable, if not he'll spend next year in Grand Rapids for the majority of the year. (impact upon arrival)

Hugh Jessiman 3 years before he makes it somewhere (probably wont be NY)

Kastsitsyn 1-2 years to be here, probably impact within his second season over here.

**Ryan Suter 2 years (unless he gets out of school and they fast track him)

Tobias Enstrom 3+years before he gets a shot

**Phaneuf Next year if they are smart (he's got that mean-streak, and seems very confident, won't be all jittery like most Dmen)

**Seabrook 1-2 years before he makes it

Keith Ballard 2 years before he is a regular

Niklas Kronwall 1-2 years before real impact

Dennis Grebeshkov Next year or the Year after as a regular. May take a little longer for the points to come.

Ryan Whitney 1-2 years, should be a good puckmoving dman. Tough to get points in Pitt, but will one day be the man on the blueline.

Shawn Belle 2-3 years, regular, points may take awhile to follow.

(i've got one more that i will post after i select him in one of my drafts, but a lot of the guys are on here so i don't wanna release my guy's name)

Guys In the NHL that should explode next year:
Joffrey Lupul (50+ next year)
Tuomu Ruutu (40-50 next year)
Nikolai Zherdev (60 next year)
Anton Babchuk (he's up and down this year) won't explode, but will impress
Krajicek (could put up 40 next year)best case scenario
Horton (50-60 next year)
Fredrik Sjostrom (45-50 next year)
Peter Sejna (40 pts+ next year)
Michalek (40-50 next year)

These are just a quick list, I've got an assignment i should start so If i think of any later i'll add them. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread