HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal - NYR - TOR

Old
03-18-2008, 10:31 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Yeah, I think it would be a cold day in hell when a guy scratched for as long as Prucha has would bring in a 1st at this point.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

While I think it's very arguable whether or not McCabe or Roszival is a better player (McCabe clearly has all the measurables, Roszival actually plays the position better, I prefer the latter, far less miles on his body), I think they're mostly a wash. I think Roszival becomes a different player when Jagr leaves -- I believe he'll re-sign with the Rangers, play opening night in Prague, and retire for the CR or Russia for what it's worth -- and dealing Prucha who can score 30, on a reasonable contract when the Rangers are possibly losing 4 their top 6 wingers without stud replacements or the gaping cap room to acquire two would be overly optimistic.

While I agree that the Rangers could 'afford' to carry four big contracts and possibly five with their legions of cheap kids, losing that much scoring up front is probably a greater concern than shoring up the back end, given Renney's ability to teach defense.

And really, though I know it's from a fan's perspective, veteran top pairing defensemen (as Kubina and McCabe are purported to be), even on bad teams, are parted with very reluctantly unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances. The argument "we could lose cheaper" doesn't hold water with me, and especially not in the context of the Maple Leaf conglomerate.

Evil Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'm not interested in losing this years 1st round pick for McCabe.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would like like McCabe on the Rangers.

Take out the 1st, make it a 2nd and add in a decent prospect and I'll sign off on it.
mccabe is overrated, id rather take a chance on the oft injured carliacoovo

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
mccabe is overrated, id rather take a chance on the oft injured carliacoovo
That is far from surprising.

03-19-2008, 05:01 PM
NYRKing

No reason to get Mccabe, I'd rather have Mara who is more responsible defensively and has a great shot if he can ever find the net. Mccabe would look good on the point for the powerplay but for his salary and what the rangers would give up would not be worth it.

Its too bad Prucha has been the odd man out these days, but does anyone remember that he he had two solid seasons on the top two lines. Depending on who leaves next year Prucha might get some important ice time and his 1.6 mill could be a bargain

NYRKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKing View Post
No reason to get Mccabe, I'd rather have Mara who is more responsible defensively and has a great shot if he can ever find the net.
a great shot that you can't get on net is as useful to me as a solar-powered flashlight.

I'd do the Prucha + Backman trade.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
a great shot that you can't get on net is as useful to me as a solar-powered flashlight.

give us a mid round pick and I'd accept.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 05:31 PM
NYRKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

I just wouldn't trade for mccabe at all. I'm saying even though mara hasn't done much for us, he is cheaper and better defensively than mccabe. He had a great season in phoenix, maybe he can find his touch again. Were gonna need prucha next year if shanny and straka leave.

NYRKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I don't know what the Toronto fans are thinking, asking for our first rounder. It's actually quite comical, considering that McCabe's supposed teeter-tottering between waiving and not waiving his NTC, the interest in Bryan was minimal at best.

I don't know what you guys think you're working with, but it's not exactly a hot product.

You want Prucha and Backman? Fine, deal.

I wouldn't be caught with my pants down giving even a 2nd in this year's draft for McCabe unless the other part of the package is crap.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKing View Post
I just wouldn't trade for mccabe at all. I'm saying even though mara hasn't done much for us, he is cheaper and better defensively than mccabe.
and I'm saying he's not.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote