HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Av fan wants....

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Mack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Av fan wants....

I would like the Avs to pikc up a gritty, veteran 3rd or 4th line center, someone who can win faceoffs and play vs. one of the three lines vs. a playoff team.
Any suggestions?

I would also like two defensemen. The ones bolded are the ones i really like.
two of......Miller, Richardson, Carney, Zhitnik, Patrick, Hill, Hedican, Bouhgner, Wesley, Staios, Cross, J.Smith, Odelein, W.Mitchell, Cairns, Hulse

Also I dont think the Avs can go into the playoffs with Sauve as the back-up. Just to early for him...
Sheilds IMO would be the best option, unless we can get Burke for really cheap. no more then a prospect and a pick, and NO BALLARD!

So offer away non-playoff team fans
oh and keep in mind Skoula would most likley be going the other way ;p

Old
02-03-2004, 11:02 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
FYI there is no way Mitchell is going to Colorado without Ballard coming back if that. Mitchell is one of the best defensemen for the Wild and even though he might never be a top 4 for another team, he is for the Wild. He should be at the All-Stars not Kuba.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:03 PM
MoS*

imo silinger and wesley are two perfect players for the avs.

silinger would cost a 2nd/3rd rounder. i say this because when PL gets through with the future consideartions, the 3rd will be the baseline price while incentives would bump the payment up to a 2nd rounder if the avs reach a certain point in the playoffs. silinger is an amazing faceoff speciallist who is good both ways

wesley is an experienced puck-mover who is responsible in his own zone. might cost a 3rd and a 4th rounder to acquire.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
FYI there is no way Mitchell is going to Colorado without Ballard coming back if that. Mitchell is one of the best defensemen for the Wild and even though he might never be a top 4 for another team, he is for the Wild. He should be at the All-Stars not Kuba.

thats fine, he wasnt bolded anyways :p

Old
02-03-2004, 11:11 PM
not quite yoda

I think Brind'amour would fit as your 3rd line centre.

But I gotta say that I don't understand how you plan on adding 4 players (1 Goalie, 2 Deffence, 1 Centre) without giving up anything tangible. The Avs prospect pool is pretty depleted. You don't wanna give up Ballard. Your 1st round pick is gonna be 28th overall or worst... I don't see how you can possibly afford (for example) Burke, Mitchell, Wesley and Brind'amour. Sorry but the Avs just don't have the required trade bait.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Mack

the Avs have like 5 picks in the top 4 rounds.
Skoula, Svatos, Hahl, Ballard is tradeable but not for a 38 year old goalie.
Wesley is tradable for a pick like last year and he isnt doing as well this year so a 2nd would be overpaying.

I would give up Ballard as a started for Brind'Amour but he makes alot offriggen money so something is going to have to be done about that. Nikolishin is already our 3rd line center but I think Brind'Amour can play the wing right on the 3rd. Imagine Niko, Kono and Brind'Armour...

Old
02-03-2004, 11:30 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Wesley is tradable for a pick like last year and he isnt doing as well this year so a 2nd would be overpaying.

I would give up Ballard as a started for Brind'Amour but he makes alot offriggen money so something is going to have to be done about that. Nikolishin is already our 3rd line center but I think Brind'Amour can play the wing right on the 3rd. Imagine Niko, Kono and Brind'Armour...
Brind'Amour makes big bucks, but Lacroix has been known to take on salary for the playoff run. Brind'Amour could be a rental for the Avs, trade him for more prospects later.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:30 PM
MoS*

Quote:

i don't understand why skoula's name is throw around so often. if you guys think he is so valuable and the others in the league think otherwise, why don't you guys just let him prove himself in colorado?

Old
02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Mack

he's been here since 1998, i think he can be a very VERy good offensive dman but its not going to be in colorado. he still has tons of potential. he just needs a change of scenery imo.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:11 AM
nathan

No thanks in Brindy. He makes 5 million this year so the Avs would pay around 2.5 for the rest of the season.

After that, he is locked up for 2 more years at.....get this....$7 million per season!

Old
02-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
No thanks in Brindy. He makes 5 million this year so the Avs would pay around 2.5 for the rest of the season.

After that, he is locked up for 2 more years at.....get this....$7 million per season!

see thats way too much...Carolina was stupid for signing that.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:13 AM
RoyIsALegend*

I don't think the Avalanche need a fourth line center.

A top four of...:

Peter Forsberg
Joe Sakic
Andrei Nikolishin
Steve Moore/Dan Hinote

...is more than good enough. Moore is highly under-appreciated in my opinion and is a very solid all-around plugger. I'm more than confident with that top four down the middle.

Also, why the need for *two* defensemen?

If anything, the Avs would look to move Martin Skoula and add a defensive, veteran defenseman. The top five of Rob Blake, Adam Foote, Derek Morris, Karlis Skrastins and John-Michael Liles is not going to change.

Alexei Zhitnik would be a dream acquisiton for this defense corps and would be the perfect partner for Rob Blake as the two have been successful together in the past. I have no idea what he would cost us, but I am sure the Avalanche will go to the deadline and be looking to move at least one of our top five picks. We have a first, two 2nds and two 3rds and I doubt Pierre Lacroix looks to keep all of them.

The market for reliable, veteran defensemen is going to be very busy so I doubt the Avs cough up extra assets to acquire overkill in two defensemen.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Mack

What if Liles totally folds in the playoffs? it could happen. i think he is very good. but an insurance policy like Luke Richardson to take over the #6 is what id want. Wesley/Zhitnik and Richardson.

To Buffalo - Skoula and Svatos plus a 4th
To Colorado - Zhitnik and a 6th or something

To Columbus - a mid draft pick
to Colorado - Richardson

Last edited by Mack: 02-04-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old
02-04-2004, 12:19 AM
IceBagadonuts

Avs Fan Wants (Needs)

In order of priority:

1. A DEFENSIVE Defenseman, e.g., a guy exactly like Carney. Offensive D-men like Gonchar, Zhitnick, etc. would just crowd Blake/Morris' s PP ice time... while not substantially addressing the heart-of-the-need. Boughner might be OK, and Cairns, to a lesser degree. Since Skoula's stepped up his game the past month, he can stay as #5-6, or rotate with Liles and the New Guy as the 5-6 players. Now THAT is playoff depth.

2. A BACK-UP Goalie who (a) has some playoff experience, (b) is mentally OK with being Aebby's back-up, (c) is cheap/affordable (won't cost a key roster player), and is a UFA/rent-a-player. It's a Buyer's market, so "no problem-o".

3. A defensive C/LW-RW... to back up Nikolishin. Such a player may actually be on the Avs' own IR list (and soon to return): Riku Hahl. If he comes back strong after an AHL conditioning stint, HE's this player... with Steve Moore moving over to 4th line RW (replacing Cummins). That leaves Brigley & Cummins as scratches. If the Avs do trade for this need, it also should be a cheapie/rental, but this move may be an unnecessary luxury.

If the Avs pull off the correct move for #1 (a Defensive D-man), that'll automatically HELP fix the #2 issue... because the enhanced blueline depth will keep their top 4 fresher and give their Goalies (even young Sauve) more confidence and breathing room.

Trade Bait: D/LW McAllister, LW Krestanovich (AHL), D Ballard (college), picks, ca$h.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

With Johansson gone, Stevens declared a bust and dealt away for a goon, Kuleshov on his way out, and Svatos rehabbing his shoulder AGAIN, we do not have the luxury of dealing away any draft picks, not a single one. Please, no trades. Our prospect depth at forward is as sorry as any in the league. We need every single draft pick this offseason to beef it up a little.

While I would love a more reliable backup to Aebischer, who's available? There isn't a single backup netminder who'd be worth getting. The only one I'd be remotely interested in is Gerber, and there's no way the Ducks deal him with Giggy struggling like he is.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Hemsky01

Skoula and 3rd round pick

J. Smith

Old
02-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01
Skoula and 3rd round pick

J. Smith

DO IT!

imagine Smith and Foote vs the top line of someone.,.oh man you'd be a sore pickle after that encounter

Old
02-04-2004, 12:51 AM
Hemsky01

Quote:
DO IT!

imagine Smith and Foote vs the top line of someone.,.oh man you'd be a sore pickle after that encounter
How has Skoula been this season? What kind of Potential does he have? We desperately need a powerplay quarterback!!

Old
02-04-2004, 01:01 AM
IceBagadonuts

Avs Needs...

Hey, Jason Smith would be a great acquisition.

There's only 2 problems:

1. When was the last time the Avs did a deal with the division-rival Oil?

2. Some other teams would undoubtedly pay more for him than the Avs. The Oilers will be looking for good-and-cheap young players. As Av-merican says, they ain't got any to spare.

Unless Lacroix can hoodwink Kevin Lowe into accepting Big Mac, a bag of ca$h, and a box of Janet Jackson's tin-plated MTV nipple-medallions, Smith is headed back East.

Old
02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBagadonuts
Hey, Jason Smith would be a great acquisition.

There's only 2 problems:

1. When was the last time the Avs did a deal with the division-rival Oil?

2. Some other teams would undoubtedly pay more for him than the Avs. The Oilers will be looking for good-and-cheap young players. As Av-merican says, they ain't got any to spare.

Unless Lacroix can hoodwink Kevin Lowe into accepting Big Mac, a bag of ca$h, and a box of Janet Jackson's tin-plated MTV nipple-medallions, Smith is headed back East.

anyone else?

Old
02-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Richardson could probably go for Skoula straight up, but with three offensive-minded D-me on the roster next season (Spacek, Johnson, and Klesla/Ericksson counts as one), I doubt MacLean would want Skoula. Besides, I think a good number of teams will be asking about Richardson.

Old
02-05-2004, 01:19 AM
IceBagadonuts

Gonchar & Halpern for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart2827
How about Gonchar to Colorado?

Washington geterek Morris,Dan Hinote,Riku Hahl and Cody Mccormick

Colorado get:Sergei Gonchar and Jeff Halpern

Thoughts?
As an Avs fan, I can't hear you when I'm bent over grabbing my ankles.

Halpern's OK, but he's probably unnecessary. Colorado does NOT need an offensive D-man like Gonchar... espec. at the cost of 3 "energy" guys like Hinote, Hahl, and McCormick.

Old
02-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
he's been here since 1998, i think he can be a very VERy good offensive dman but its not going to be in colorado. he still has tons of potential. he just needs a change of scenery imo.
He's a turnover machine, Ballard at best is a 3rd liner. The avs do not have many prospects,your best trading chip IMO is Liles he should be the one shopped to get the defenseman you want.

Old
02-05-2004, 07:57 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
What if Liles totally folds in the playoffs? it could happen. i think he is very good. but an insurance policy like Luke Richardson to take over the #6 is what id want. Wesley/Zhitnik and Richardson.

To Buffalo - Skoula and Svatos plus a 4th
To Colorado - Zhitnik and a 6th or something

To Columbus - a mid draft pick
to Colorado - Richardson
On his radio show, GM Doug MacLean said he has fielded no calls for and has no interest in trading Richardson. He's the captain, a good locker room guy and one of only two stay-at-home d-men types with the organizations (they have a few prospects, but they're a couple years away).
I'm not saying Richardson WON'T/CAN'T be traded. But, I will say you're going to have to overpay and that probably won't be worth it. He's more valuable to Columbus than a mid-round pick.
Lachance could be had for cheaper, I'd guess. He's actually played very well this year.

Old
02-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
He's a turnover machine, Ballard at best is a 3rd liner. The avs do not have many prospects,your best trading chip IMO is Liles he should be the one shopped to get the defenseman you want.

uhhh ballard a 3rd liner???
#1 he's not a forward he's a dman
and #2 if you ment he's a 3rd pairing d-man your off your rocker
he's the best prospect the avs have. thats hasnt played in the NHL. He's a #1 or 2 in the future

Closed Thread