HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Vokoun question

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

vCash: 500
Vokoun question

I`m in a hockey pool (keeper league)

each team has 2 goalies 2pts for wins 1 for ties 5 for shutouts.

My current goalies are Nabokov and Khabibulin. Nabokov is playing very well right now but sharing quite a bit of time with Toskola. And Khabi started great but has slowed down alot. Should I drop one of them for Vokoun? I`m not worried about points for this year but could this be a smart move for the next few years. All 3 are great goalies so I`m a bit torn. Will Toskala take over the starter job in sanjose??? will Khabibulin bounce back??? will Vokoun slip. What would you do?

Old
02-03-2004, 11:41 PM
rticinelli

Send a message via Yahoo to rticinelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
I`m in a hockey pool (keeper league)

each team has 2 goalies 2pts for wins 1 for ties 5 for shutouts.

My current goalies are Nabokov and Khabibulin. Nabokov is playing very well right now but sharing quite a bit of time with Toskola. And Khabi started great but has slowed down alot. Should I drop one of them for Vokoun? I`m not worried about points for this year but could this be a smart move for the next few years. All 3 are great goalies so I`m a bit torn. Will Toskala take over the starter job in sanjose??? will Khabibulin bounce back??? will Vokoun slip. What would you do?
That's really tough. Nabby won't lose the job to Toskala, Khabi is currently in his annual midseason slump which he will snap out of (just like the past two seasons), and Vokoun is one of the better young goalies in the league on a quickly improving team. All three are excellent keeper choices, imo.

If you can put up with Khabibulin's streakiness then I would keep him. He, imo, is the best talent of the 3, and I think the 'Ning are at the beginning of something very good. If Khabibulin's inconsistency wears your patience thin then you can't go wrong with Nabby and Vokoun. Both are young, steady, talented, and on steadily improving teams.

Old
02-04-2004, 06:15 PM
KariyaIsGod*

Vokoun is taken Jay. Can't remember who took him, but he is gone

Old
02-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

That`s weird, I didn`t think there`d be anyone interested in him.

Closed Thread