HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Why does Eklund post rumors during the playoff race?

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Bill_Crosby

vCash: 500
Not this again

Does anyone have a score card on how he did at the deadline?

Old
03-23-2008, 05:46 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Net Paulie View Post
He posts rumors during playoff time because his website is a business, and he wants to make money.
that is right

I have given up bashing him

I now make fun of the schmucks who give him money. Any of you who give ek and his site money, I have some cheap swamp land in Florida for you to buy and a bridg in Brooklyn you might like to set up tolls on

his antics on sportsnet exposed him. why? how does Smyth look in an oiler jersey? pat the boy on the head and send him on his way.

The thing that I find real funny, is the fact that it is THIS site that gave him the xposure that allowed him to get to where he was. Now, if I ran this place and I happpend to be Vito Corleone---I would have had a meeting the punk and demanded my share of the hiest

Old
03-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
In my opinion Eklund has paid the owners of HFBoards or compensated them in some way for allowing his "rumors" to be posted and discussed on here which is basically advertisement for hockeybuzz.
I can guarantee that's not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
There's no other explanation when the guy has been shown to pull rumors out of his ass on more than one occasion (see the example where someone on here e-mailed Eklund with a rumor and he posted it on his site). You know if someone like Dreger or McKenzie had actual proof against them in coming up with fake rumors the mods on here would probably let us rip into them, but with Eklund? Prepare for warnings if you try that.
McKenzie is a member here, you'd get infracted for attacking him. It has nothing to do with who the person is - it has everything to do with, "you can't attack members of the site."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
I guess my only question for you is, how come when he was basically a blog all eklund rumors were locked, but now because he has a website they are allowed? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just curious.
Because Eklund's site as accepted as a legitimate media source. Whether you the individual poster here agree with that or not doesn't matter - the site's owners have made the decision that he is. Several people have demanded that stance change; not only has it not happened, a few of them are gone for their antics.

We're not having a new thread every week to complain about this - the same thing happens every time; someone comes on and complains, 13 people pile on and lob inappropriate remarks, and then the thread has to be closed. If you people really don't like him, QUIT TALKING ABOUT HIM HERE. It's pretty simple. You don't like the attention he gets, but then you come on here and ***** and whine and moan and complain about all the attention he gets - thus giving him attention in the process.

I'm also not answering PM's on this subject. The question has been kicked around enough with the owners, and their response has been the same - and frankly, they're tired of hearing it. As was said before, this is the final statement on the subject.

Last edited by Irish Blues: 03-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Closed Thread