HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When I thought things could not get more classless

Old
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
blandBob

vCash: 500
I used to go watch the Kitchener Rangers (Ontario) OHL team play in the early 80's. That's a team that had Scott Stevens and Al MacInnes along with some other pretty good players. In junior Stevens was a one man wrecking crew. He loved making people pay physically for their mistakes. And though you could possibly make the argument that you could let off a little on a guy who clearly had no chance, Stevens knew one way to play and that was all out. I always wished he could have been a Ranger instead of a Devil.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Lets keep this on topic. The point isn't whether or not Stevens was a dirty player (he wasn't) or the hit was illegal (it wasn't). The point is using that hit to promote the organization or the sport is CLASSLESS! To the tool or tools that swear that the Devils have no control (yes, I know a little fairy disguised as a team executive told you) gentlemen you've smoked way too much crack. Someone in the Devil's org ok'ed this spot! It reflects poorly on the organization that seems to think that the only way to promote itself is to highlite a hit that seriously injured another player. What 3 cups isn't enough to bring in fans to see you play??? Truly pathetic ploy by the Devils organization. What a bunch of losers!!!
Have you even seen the commercial? It's an ad for MSG network, it was filmed in NYC, and it doesn't even advertise the Devils or Devils hockey on MSG plus. Give me a break, it's so obvious the Devils had nothing to do with the spot. It was ALL the work of MSG Network. Go complain to Dolan.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I would think that the Devils would have a say (or at least would want to have a say) in spots for their team. It doesn't matter who produces them or who airs them.

BTW, the company that produces something does not necessarily create the content. That's what production houses do they produce content. The concept comes from elsewhere and that is where the client (in this case the Devils) would have their say.
Please, the Devils can't even get Trautwig to stop bashing them on a nightly basis, why would they have any say over the other content on MSG? And again, the commercial doesn't even advertise the Devils or Devils hockey. There's no "watch the Devils vs. _______" or "watch the Devils on MSG+" anywhere in the spot. The only times the Devils are mentioned is when the guy was talking about the 2000 ECF's.

Old
03-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Proof that the Devils have nothing to do with the Lindros ad: A similar one featuring a play by Derek Jeter just aired. Why the hell would the Yanks advertise on MSG?! Those ads are part of a series of ads created by MSG Network.

This is the man you need to direct your anger towards...

Edit: Another commercial featuring the Nets just aired with the same guy from the Devils commercial.

Last edited by Das Uber: 03-21-2008 at 07:45 PM.