HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Made a Cherepanov Video

Old
03-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Avy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
This is the kind of thing that scares me. Luckily I don't think Renney and co. will move him up until he learns to play at both ends. The day of the one way player is over.

On a related note, I'd like to take time here to point out what great strides Orr is making every game. He's not scoring, or really coming close to scoring, but that forth line has been working hard in the offensive zone. You really see "Bobby" working every shift. Not bad for a "goon".
Don't be scared too much, i disagree with Ola, i think while Cherepanov is not fundamentally sound in d (This is nature of RSL hockey) he unlike majority under-20 players very aware with the puck.
There is difference between 20 minutes forward and 8 minutes checker unless of course we talk about AO. I just want him to work on his conditions/balance this summer and start pokechecks every game (man, he can pokecheck almost like Datsuyk sometimes) not only against Ak Bars, Metallurg and Dynamo.

Last edited by Avy*: 03-21-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Celestial Black

He is going to be a hit once he gets here. Next stop for the Siberian Express NY.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
The Rangers tend to be somewhat traditionalist when it comes to jersey numbers and don't always allow players who haven't already established themselves take high or unusual numbers (there was an article that mentioned this earlier in the year, an interview with Cas Marques I think, anyone remember where it was?) Chances are, with Cherepanov's talent and potential to be a star on Broadway, they will.
i really want him to pick one of the traditional russian numbers you see...i dont like 67 much, but if he gets #77 that would be awesome!!!

Obviously #7 and #17 are retired, so he cant get those...

Cherepanov, to me looks like a guy who crashes the net more so when he doesnt have the puck, so him basically watching hockey and not doing anything could be a case that people can get frustrated with. But when he does have the puck at the top of the blue line or behind the net, i can clearly say hes got the star power for opposite teams to get their #1 dman on him, hes swift and excellent with his hand

yo dave, lets hope nhl 09 brings him into the world as a 80 something lol

Last edited by poeman: 03-21-2008 at 03:38 PM.
poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Is it certain that cherepanov will come here for the 08-09 season?

Because if he has to have an area developed more, its on the defensive side..and id rather get that done here in the AHL or NHL

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote