HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2012 And Beyond?

Old
03-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

vCash: 500
How old are you anyways JFA87-66-99?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 11:41 PM
The Exiled One

How old are Bret Hedican/Kristi Yamaguchi's kids?! A Stanley Cup winning dad and a Gold Medal winning mom, I think SCSU already offered a scholarship.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
giovanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
My point is that what kids do at 12 and 13 is irrelevant. They shouldn't even be considered "prospects". Kids this young could just as easily quit hockey as turn out to be big time NHL prospects.

I mean jeeze... I have a little cousin playing Pee-Wee AAA hockey. Last game I saw of his he had a 9 point game. I guess we should talk him up as a top prospect for the 2013 draft .
If your cousin gets 9 points in a PEE WEE AAA game, then he might make it far in hockey. but who know, you and i can not tell the future.

giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
JFA87-66-99

[QUOTE=deangamblin;13189065]oh no illl plan it out so that hes 18 when he gets drafted dont you worry.[/QUOT

oH oK. I see you got it all planned out. LOL

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 09:53 AM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnerican View Post
How old are you anyways JFA87-66-99?
Why???? How old are you?

Old
03-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
Why???? How old are you?
Well you remind me aloooot of myself when I was 16. I was born 8/7/87 just like Sidney Crosby, half way around the world though . I was 16 just before the 2003 draft and I was extatic with all the talent in that draft, that's when I became alot like you and started looking far ahead. I remember I was obsessed with Phil Kessel in 2004 thinking he'd be God's gift to America. Generally I hated Crosby, I knew of him in 2003 but I really disliked the fact we shared birthdays because I always took pride in the 8.7.87 phenominom that my birthday was, and I wore 87 as long as I can remember, even playing Goalie in Finland/Quebec I did that.

I was just wondering because you seem like that wunderkind 16 year old that can't wait for tomorrow to happen. Be happy with today because I wish I did. I really took Lemieux, Bure, Roy, Bourque, etc, for granted, I even feel like I'm taking Sakic for granted. It's exciting but I'm gonna guarentee that 1/3 of the players we hype 2010- are gonna be non-first round picks. I remember Devon MacAusland and Sam Calabrese getting tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnns of hype, now they're out of my first 2 rounds!

Its fine, I was just like you 4 years ago, it's good to wish and hope, but you're setting yourself up for disapointment when 12 year old Timmy McHockey doesn't dominate the OHL. Set limits, 2010 is my cutoff right now, anything after that really isn't too good. I doubt many people have seen both Euro and North American players 1994-.

If it's your passion, good luck, but I'm giving you a forewarning...

Old
03-21-2008, 10:56 AM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Well you remind me aloooot of myself when I was 16. I was born 8/7/87 just like Sidney Crosby, half way around the world though . I was 16 just before the 2003 draft and I was extatic with all the talent in that draft, that's when I became alot like you and started looking far ahead. I remember I was obsessed with Phil Kessel in 2004 thinking he'd be God's gift to America. Generally I hated Crosby, I knew of him in 2003 but I really disliked the fact we shared birthdays because I always took pride in the 8.7.87 phenominom that my birthday was, and I wore 87 as long as I can remember, even playing Goalie in Finland/Quebec I did that.

I was just wondering because you seem like that wunderkind 16 year old that can't wait for tomorrow to happen. Be happy with today because I wish I did. I really took Lemieux, Bure, Roy, Bourque, etc, for granted, I even feel like I'm taking Sakic for granted. It's exciting but I'm gonna guarentee that 1/3 of the players we hype 2010- are gonna be non-first round picks. I remember Devon MacAusland and Sam Calabrese getting tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnns of hype, now they're out of my first 2 rounds!

Its fine, I was just like you 4 years ago, it's good to wish and hope, but you're setting yourself up for disapointment when 12 year old Timmy McHockey doesn't dominate the OHL. Set limits, 2010 is my cutoff right now, anything after that really isn't too good. I doubt many people have seen both Euro and North American players 1994-.

If it's your passion, good luck, but I'm giving you a forewarning...
Actually Finn I'm 21. Nice birthday by the way. I understand what your sayin for sure but really I don't care how these kids turn out. Meaning if so and so becomes a bust then he's a bust and I won't be dissapointed. I just like to talk about younger players and I just want to know who to keep an eye on. And this is the best place on the internet to get this information. You,Scoutman,Garl, and a bunch of other guys seem to have a lot of info to give,and I like coming on here in my free time and just seeing whats new that you guys are talking about. I just try to keep ahead of the game so when 3 years from now and someone starts talkin about Kim Lilja,Martin Frk, or Adam Bateman I will already know a little somethin about them. But by no means am I setting myself up for disapointment. But you never know because one of these young bucks could turn out to be the next Mario Lemieux or Valeri Kharlamov. Or not but it's just all for fun

Old
03-21-2008, 11:08 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
Actually Finn I'm 21. Nice birthday by the way. I understand what your sayin for sure but really I don't care how these kids turn out. Meaning if so and so becomes a bust then he's a bust and I won't be dissapointed. I just like to talk about younger players and I just want to know who to keep an eye on. And this is the best place on the internet to get this information. You,Scoutman,Garl, and a bunch of other guys seem to have a lot of info to give,and I like coming on here in my free time and just seeing whats new that you guys are talking about. I just try to keep ahead of the game so when 3 years from now and someone starts talkin about Kim Lilja,Martin Frk, or Adam Bateman I will already know a little somethin about them. But by no means am I setting myself up for disapointment. But you never know because one of these young bucks could turn out to be the next Mario Lemieux or Valeri Kharlamov. Or not but it's just all for fun

I agree, that is the way to look at it...people hate talking about it, but future watching is what got me to become a QMJHL scout so for all the peole that say it is useless well I can disagree with that on many ways. No one is setting themselves up for disapointment like you said, just like to know the names and be have knowledge about the future. Plus I mean how many posts do people want about Stamkos, and Doughty, most people here just want to talk about the up and coming draft, how dull would that be to have 4000 threads on stamkos to read...how exciting LOL.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
I agree, that is the way to look at it...people hate talking about it, but future watching is what got me to become a QMJHL scout so for all the peole that say it is useless well I can disagree with that on many ways. No one is setting themselves up for disapointment like you said, just like to know the names and be have knowledge about the future. Plus I mean how many posts do people want about Stamkos, and Doughty, most people here just want to talk about the up and coming draft, how dull would that be to have 4000 threads on stamkos to read...how exciting LOL.
Yes Scoutman I agree for sure. I would like to get in the scouting business one day because watching hockey and studying the game is my love and hobby. And Hf is the best place on the computer for hockey talk. I agree wit you that its gets boring talkin about Stamkos,Doughty,etc. I liked talkin about them guys 2 years ago, but now everyone knows about them so its not really fun. Wouldn't it be cool if one of these kids turns out to be a Hall of famer or somethin and you can say I remember him when he was 14. Scoutman I read that your cutoff year was 2012. Do you have a top 5 or anything for 2012. Who are a few names to watch out for? Thanks

Old
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

What I hate is how I get flamed for talking about Euros... People are scared(?) that Europeans are feilding dominant players.

European Players (no order)
Victor Hedman
Toni Rajala
Teemu Pulkkinen
Andrei Kuchin
Kirill Kabanov
Mikael Granlund
Riku Harma
Anton Lander
Anton Myllari
Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi
William Wallen
Nikita Filatof
Matthias Tedenby
Mikkel Boedker
Harri Sateri
Joonas Donskoi
etc. etc. etc.

*sigh*

Old
03-21-2008, 12:45 PM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
What I hate is how I get flamed for talking about Euros... People are scared(?) that Europeans are feilding dominant players.

Victor Hedman
Toni Rajala
Teemu Pulkkinen
Andrei Kuchin
Kirill Kabanov
Mikael Granlund
Riku Harma
Anton Lander
Anton Myllari
Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi
William Wallen
Nikita Filatof
Matthias Tedenby
Mikkel Boedker
Harri Sateri
Joonas Donskoi
etc. etc. etc.

*sigh*

I wont flame you man. People are just gonna have to understand that other countries besides Canada can produce SuperStars too. I like Euro player always did

Old
03-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

People fail to realise that Victor Hedman is generational talent too. I mean harcore generational talent.

Old
03-21-2008, 03:57 PM
matt1

there is this kid named matt hoppe from buffalo and he has prbly the best shot i have ever seen. he is just so quick and is just 12 yrs old but plays on and under 19 team

matt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Rocco Grimaldi... I don't know when his b-day is.

Old
03-21-2008, 04:30 PM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Rocco Grimaldi... I don't know when his b-day is.
1993 born

Old
03-22-2008, 12:49 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

well here are some players to pay attention to for 2012:

1. Luca Ciampini—Forward—Verdun 0’00/000 28 39 18 57
2. Henrick Samuelsson—For—Phoenix
3. Andrew Matheson—Goalie--NFLD
4. Ladislav Marek—Forward—IHC Pisek
5. Martin Frk—Forward—HC Karlovy
6. Devon Oliver-Dares—Forward--CH
7. Dennis Kravchenkov—For—Cal Wave
8. Zane Schartz—F—Dallas Bulldogs
9. Ivan Gladyshev—Forward—Russia
10. Brady Vail—Forward—USA
11. Jeremie Fraser—Defense—Gatineau
12. Seth Jones—Defense—Colorado
13. TJ Sneath—Forward—USA
14. Sebastian Vidmar —Forward—Malmo
15. Karel Plasil—Defense—HC Mount
16. Liam O’Brian—Forward—Halifax

Old
03-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Colorado is finally making an NHL calibre player? What a concept!!

Old
03-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Stamvarhall*

My friend Theoren James(TJ) Constant is supposed to go 1st overall this coming draft, or atleast a top 10 pick, he averages about 7 goals a game for a defenseman. He's fast, Big, I've seen him drop a player one foot bigger than him, He plays for the OCN BLUES. he said the Regina Pats are scouting him right now.

Pretty cool, considering how small my community is.

He might get the chance to play with Jordan Eberle!!!!!!...

Stamvarhall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Datsyuk 13

You guys are busts.

Datsyuk 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 03:23 AM
deanosaur

Quote:

Victor Hedman
Toni Rajala
Teemu Pulkkinen
Andrei Kuchin
Kirill Kabanov
Mikael Granlund
Riku Harma
Anton Lander
Anton Myllari
Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi
William Wallen
Nikita Filatof
Matthias Tedenby
Mikkel Boedker
Harri Sateri
Joonas Donskoi
etc. etc. etc.

*sigh*
i thought you liked pulkinen over rajala?
wow try actually saying those names haha

[QUOTE=JFA87-66-99;13198209]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
oh no illl plan it out so that hes 18 when he gets drafted dont you worry.[/QUOT

oH oK. I see you got it all planned out. LOL
for sure haha i hope to breed the next gretzky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamvarhall View Post
My friend Theoren James(TJ) Constant is supposed to go 1st overall this coming draft, or atleast a top 10 pick, he averages about 7 goals a game for a defenseman. He's fast, Big, I've seen him drop a player one foot bigger than him, He plays for the OCN BLUES. he said the Regina Pats are scouting him right now.

by draft do you mean the bantam draft?
not to bash him or anything.. but if hes averaging 7 goals a game as a defenceman.. wouldnt he hear about Pierre McGuire calling this guy the next BIG MONSTER? haha
and one more thing. bantam draft.. regina doesnt have the top pick i dont think so.. if hes supposed to go first overall.. he wouldnt be going to regina.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Bad News Benning
no news is good news

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Bad News Benning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamvarhall View Post

who cares about TJ Constant, I wanna know about this kid who is 7'0 as a 14 year old that your friend dropped.

Bad News Benning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Garl

Quote:

5. Martin Frk—Forward—HC Karlovy
6. Devon Oliver-Dares—Forward--CH
7. Dennis Kravchenkov—For—Cal Wave
8. Zane Schartz—F—Dallas Bulldogs
9. Ivan Gladyshev—Forward—Russia
10. Brady Vail—Forward—USA
11. Jeremie Fraser—Defense—Gatineau
12. Seth Jones—Defense—Colorado
13. TJ Sneath—Forward—USA
14. Sebastian Vidmar —Forward—Malmo
15. Karel Plasil—Defense—HC Mount
16. Liam O’Brian—Forward—Halifax
Henrick Samuelsson? from Phoenix? Ulf's kid?

And, Kim Lilja is best 94 in Sweden right now.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:56 AM
SOLR

Quote:

Victor Hedman
Toni Rajala
Teemu Pulkkinen
Andrei Kuchin
Kirill Kabanov
Mikael Granlund
Riku Harma
Anton Lander
Anton Myllari
Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi
William Wallen
Nikita Filatof
Matthias Tedenby
Mikkel Boedker
Harri Sateri
Joonas Donskoi
etc. etc. etc.

*sigh*
It's not about being scared, it's about trying to show no bias. Many here are sensing some bias in your post towards Europeans that our experience tells us is a bit out of place. Your passion for scouting is notable and very welcomed, but keep in mind many here are old dudes in their 30s, 40s with years and years of experience in player development.

Production of great players in Europe is very cyclic and I agree with you that in the next few years, it will be a very good "harvest" if I may use this term. However this is also true for North America with a lot of exciting hockey players coming up.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Henrick Samuelsson? from Phoenix? Ulf's kid?

And, Kim Lilja is best 94 in Sweden right now.
yeah Samuelsson is Ulf's kid and Seth Jones it is funny is Poppy Jones's kid the NBA player, I find it funny his kid is playing hockey rather than basketball.

Yes I knew about Lilja never updated the list for sometime just did a copy and paste, but I am new to Lilja I am going to go see him play next year in one of my yearly Euro trips.

here is about Samuelsson
http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/...&seasonid=2317

here is some info about Seth
http://texasattackaaa.com/Teams/93AAA/Roster.php
http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/...&seasonid=1892

seth is already being talked about as a top 5 pick in next years WHL draft.

Last edited by scoutman1: 03-22-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old
03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
JFA87-66-99

Quote: