i don't have anything to add to the convo- i had some snobby USHL dude staying at the hotel I work at (he wouldn't provide a cc for incidentals, show ID or anything) coach guy who was talking about some kid who's years ahead in the devo curve of everyone else and he believed it was very possible that that kid could go 1st overall in the NHL draft. He said the name of the kid to the other guy he was talking to (right infront of me) but I just don't remember. This was two days ago...
It wasn't Fowler or next year's draft peeps. He didn't seem like the kid was in the upcoming draft.
I would think Nick Ebert was the player they were talking about. Kid has a shot to go #1 in June, but more then likely goes 2-5.
wonder if you have ever heard of Dima Sinitsyn from the Dallas Stars mm program?
he is an offensive powerhouse defensemen that I absolutely loved from the few viewings I saw from him. if you know of him, just curious on your thoughts? kid looked like he could be a real player next year....hope he goes to the Dub as well.
I started this thread in March 2008, about 4 years/3 months in advance of the 2012 NHL Draft. Here is the first 2012 list posted by Scoutman back in March 2008.
1. Luca Ciampini—Forward—Verdun 0’00/000 28 39 18 57
2. Henrick Samuelsson—For—Phoenix
3. Andrew Matheson—Goalie--NFLD
4. Ladislav Marek—Forward—IHC Pisek
5. Martin Frk—Forward—HC Karlovy
6. Devon Oliver-Dares—Forward--CH
7. Dennis Kravchenkov—For—Cal Wave
8. Zane Schartz—F—Dallas Bulldogs
9. Ivan Gladyshev—Forward—Russia
10. Brady Vail—Forward—USA
11. Jeremie Fraser—Defense—Gatineau
12. Seth Jones—Defense—Colorado
13. TJ Sneath—Forward—USA
14. Sebastian Vidmar —Forward—Malmo
15. Karel Plasil—Defense—HC Mount
16. Liam O’Brian—Forward—Halifax
Here is a better list posted by Scoutman in December 2008, about 3 1/2 years in advance. As you can see he had Yakupov #1 back then. Also good call on Frk, Grigorenko, Collberg, Samuelsson, Reilly as they all turned out to be very good prospects. Excellent Work!
1. Nail Yakupov—Forward—Neftehimik
2. Martin Frk—Forward—HC Karlovy
3. Luca Ciampini—Forward—Chatenguay Midget AAA
4. Kim Lilja—Forward—Lulea
5. Mikhail Grigorenko—Forward—CSKA
6. Morgan Reilly-Defence—Notre Dame Bantam Hounds
7. Matia Marcantuoni..Forward—Toronto Marlies
8. Taylor Fernandez—Forward—Ceasers
9. Sebastian Collberg—For—Mariestad
10. Henrick Samuelsson—For—Phoenix
11. Andrew Matheson—Goalie--NFLD bantam aaa
12. Devon Oliver-Dares—Forward--Cole harbour bantam aaa
13. Ladislav Marek—Forward—IHC Pisek
14. Dennis Kravchenkov—For—California Wave
15. Jordan Schmaltz-_Defense—Chicago
16. Zane Schartz—F—Dallas Bulldogs
17. Ivan Gladyshev—Forward—Russia
18. Brady Vail—Forward—USA
19. Jeremie Fraser—Defense—Gatineau midget aaa
20. Seth Jones—Defense—Colorado
21. TJ Sneath—Forward—USA
22. Sebastian Vidmar —Forward—Malmo
23. Karel Plasil—Defense—HC Mount
24. Liam O’Brian—Forward—Rothesay High School
25. Sam Hodhod—Forward—Chatenguay Midgat aaa
Now I wanted to post and compare Scoutman's 2015 NHL Draft list that he posted in March 2012, about 3 years/3 Months in advance. I bet a few of these players will be top picks in 3 years as well. Scoutman knows his stuff.
Right now I'm thinking the top 6 on his list could all be top players for the 2015 draft, but only time will tell. I'm really hoping Saarela is the real deal and he is like Yakupov in 3 years, meaning he's still very high on this list
Here's his 2016 list that he posted in April 2012, about 4 years/2 months in advance, similar to his first 2012 list that he posted in March 2008. I know that Tyler Benson and Mitchelle Balmas are looking very good as of now, but we'll see. Great work as always by Scoutman.