HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prudential/Newark

Old
03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
Well, I wasn't there at the game, but just because 70% of the building is sold to STHs, does not mean that all those STHs are in fact Devils fans.

A decent number of those could very well be owned by corporations that give their tickets away to clients, quite possibly fans of the visiting team. Also, STH give their tickets to friends or sell them for a profit as well, so that could also contribute to a greater % of Rangers fans in the bulilding...

I'm not disputing the number of fans at last nights game as I have no idea what the split was, I'm just saying that its possible it was more than 30% regardless of STH percentages.
I understand that, stubhub, clients, friends, it all makes sense, but I still think 30% is the max. STH's usually don't miss Rangers games or give away/sell their tickets because it's always a fun match up. It's a hot ticket, I hate the Rangers but I look forward to playing them because I know I'll see a level of intensity that I don't normally see against other teams.

Also, a bad night attendance wise usually means that there are a lot of empty seats in the lower bowl. When we play you guys, the Isles, Philly, and big market teams (Wings, Leafs) the lower bowl is always full, which means that either STH's are actually showing up for those games, or fans of those teams are spending a lot of dough for tickets. I highly doubt many NYR fans paid $200 for club seats last night.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
I was not there this time, but it was definatly more than 30%. In HD, the crowd seemed to be louder after the Rangers goal, although it may be a little distorted because the Devils goal horn sounds before the puck is even in the net and you cant hear the fan reaction. Remember even Sam and Joe kept talking about "the buzz" in the building during the final minutes of the third and the shootout.

One thing is for sure, last night Ranger fans were way louder than the Devil fans. By the way, is that 70% STH thing really true? Because alot of times 70% of the building is not made available for STH purchase, seats have to be left for group sales and ticketmaster, and also ticket brokers.

03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
the thing i liked most about the game was the most noise the crowd made was after the Ranger's scored. the rock is becoming the Ranger's home away from home.
You don't have a 250 db horn drowning you out when you score.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Speedtrials

I would definitely say there were more than 30% Ranger fans there. As others have said, the place went crazy when Drury finally scored. Also throughout the shootout there was a loud "Henrik" chant, that made you feel like you were at MSG.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyR424 View Post
I was not there this time, but it was definatly more than 30%. In HD, the crowd seemed to be louder after the Rangers goal, although it may be a little distorted because the Devils goal horn sounds before the puck is even in the net and you cant hear the fan reaction. Remember even Sam and Joe kept talking about "the buzz" in the building during the final minutes of the third and the shootout.

One thing is for sure, last night Ranger fans were way louder than the Devil fans. By the way, is that 70% STH thing really true? Because alot of times 70% of the building is not made available for STH purchase, seats have to be left for group sales and ticketmaster, and also ticket brokers.
The Rangers fans were silent for 55 minutes of the game and only came alive in the last 5 because of that lucky goal. It was dominated by Devils fans for most of the game. Also, STH do sell there tickets but don't forget not every Devils fan that comes is a STH so I guarantee there were at least 75% Devils fans.

Devils Mike* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
The Rangers fans were silent for 55 minutes of the game and only came alive in the last 5 because of that lucky goal. It was dominated by Devils fans for most of the game. Also, STH do sell there tickets but don't forget not every Devils fan that comes is a STH so I guarantee there were at least 75% Devils fans.
I hope thats a joke.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 10:15 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
Didn't you know that Rangers are a very lucky team?
I hope the'll beat those unlucky Devils every time they'll play them.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
jmb9191

The Rangers fans were just waiting to EXPLODE, and when Drury put that puck in, it was crazy. Just jumping all around, I don't even remember what I did when he scored the goal

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 11:57 PM
nyrmetros

So how many Rangers supporters took PATH to the game and back from the game? What was your experience with the PATH system while wearing a Ranegrs sweater?

nyrmetros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 02:00 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
So how many Rangers supporters took PATH to the game and back from the game? What was your experience with the PATH system while wearing a Ranegrs sweater?
I took the PATH. It's alot cheaper than NJ Transit (only 3 bucks round trip). There were only a couple of fans on the way out there, but on the way back to the city, just about the entire train was full of Rangers fans. It was pretty cool.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Blueshirt Special

Well, as a Ranger fan who lives in NJ, I've got to say I think the "Rock" was a great move for the Devils, Devil fans, and the Ranger /Devil rivalry.

I have to admit, I was skeptical because of Newark's reputation, (I also grew up there), and most of the Devs STH's that I know had been saying they were not going to renew the subscriptions because of the move. I think they may have made a mistake....

All in all, a very positive move. After all, an arena is supposed to be in a city right? Hopefully Newark will benefit and continue to improve and attract business etc.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 06:16 AM
patnyrnyg

I was at the game as well. I was in section 12. My friend got tixx for free through Kevin Weekes. I am 6'2" 260 and had plenty of leg room and was very comfortable. Thought the concession lines between periods were VERY slow. Bathrooms were clean. Building is nice, thought the NJ HS jerseys are a nice touch. I have been to Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Philly (going tonight too), Florida, Boston, and now the new devils arena. My biggest problem is these arenas are all the same. If the Rangers are going to build a new MSG, I hope they do not use the exact same blueprints as these other arenas.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 07:45 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Costs $26 to park around 3 blocks away from the Garden, $34 without season ticket parking pass about 2 blocks away and over $40 next to the Garden (I believe), so $30 isn't all that bad.
Really? $30? I always train it to the game, but walking around the arena the parking right next to the building is $20, so I wonder if they juice the price for the games that they know are sellouts.

Quote:
the thing i liked most about the game was the most noise the crowd made was after the Ranger's scored. the rock is becoming the Ranger's home away from home.
Well, it was a pretty boring game with only about 2 opportunities to cheer about anything (i.e. the 2 goals). And there have been about 25% to 30% Ranger fans there this year due to the close proximity of the teams. Frankly, if the Rangers play the Devils in the playoffs I would expect it to approach 35% since Dolan has pretty much decided to **** his own fanbase on the playoff pricing. I still cant believe the MSG pricing structure for the playoffs. Shameless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyR424 View Post
I hope thats a joke.
Meh, he probably wasnt. It was a pretty flukey goal. Drury made no mistake as usual, but it was bizarre how it got to him. Callahan was clealy trying to shoot it, but it wound up being a picture perfect pass.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 08:25 AM
patnyrnyg

I paid $15 and parked 2 blocks away, right in front of Newark-Penn. At the Garden, I just about always park on the street for free. Only time it is a problem is on weekends, and I usually have to put the car in a lot if I dont take mass transit.

Old
03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Why would you ask such a stupid question? Do you really think Rangers fans are going to have problems on the PATH? This is not Man U vs Roma where people are going to get stabbed because they're speaking English.

Old
03-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Blueshirt Special

[QUOTE=patnyrnyg;13197658]I was at the game as well. I was in section 12. My friend got tixx for free through Kevin Weekes. I am 6'2" 260 and had plenty of leg room and was very comfortable. QUOTE]

Section 12 down below? It looked like the seats down closer to the ice were spread out more, and more comfortable.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 08:31 AM
patnyrnyg

row 20 or so.

Old
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
jerseyg00d

The ice lounge is great. Seats are comfortable, and I never wait for a beer or a piss.

jerseyg00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I took the PATH. It's alot cheaper than NJ Transit (only 3 bucks round trip). There were only a couple of fans on the way out there, but on the way back to the city, just about the entire train was full of Rangers fans. It was pretty cool.

good to hear. I'd love to see the entire PATH system flooded with Rangers supporters on game day.

Old
03-21-2008, 10:06 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Why would you ask such a stupid question? Do you really think Rangers fans are going to have problems on the PATH? This is not Man U vs Roma where people are going to get stabbed because they're speaking English.

It's only a matter of time mate. Only a matter of time.......

Old
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
RANGERS2448

Quote:

ya i thought the roof was going to come of the place when we scored i so enjoyed yelling at devils fans when we took it in the shoot out

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Meh, he probably wasnt. It was a pretty flukey goal. Drury made no mistake as usual, but it was bizarre how it got to him. Callahan was clealy trying to shoot it, but it wound up being a picture perfect pass.

Now, that's a joke. The bigger joke was Brookbank/Vish both going to Callahan. The biggest joke was them leaving the perfect lane open for the pinpoint pass to Drury.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Let's face it fellow Devils fans, it was 35% to 40% Ranger fans. We can't argue attendance or compare the size of fan bases. Anyway Im glad we can all agree on what a great building the "Rock" is.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Reverend_Hellh0und

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Let's face it fellow Devils fans, it was 35% to 40% Ranger fans. We can't argue attendance or compare the size of fan bases. Anyway Im glad we can all agree on what a great building the "Rock" is.
No lou i spoke to Everson and he said it was over 99% you and I were the only ones.....

Seriously tough I say no more than 30% %15 percentg upstairs and maybe %40 downstairs from what I could see, really no one knows.

But as long as ticketmaster plays "release the tickets" game its always going to be like that given the eaze of getting there from manhattan. Just look at the 100 or so ranger fans that are always at our arena, even when the rangers are playing at the garden.

Reverend_Hellh0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 02:51 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Doesn't the PATH train from WTC drop you off like less than a block from the Rock? I probably wouldn't pay for parking if I could just take the train.

Edit: Is that train even still there? I havn't taken it since before 9/11...

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote