HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings could use a d/man even more know

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Grady41

vCash: 500
Kings could use a d/man even more now

DT said we need a d-man with bite at the beginning of the season and since then the injuries have gotten to us* Though we are still in the playoffs people

Allison -Deader- Pallfy what would have been are 1st line and Miller, Visnovsky, Norstrom our three best d men.

Corvo 31:24
Modry 30:36
Holland 25:47
Zizka 24:41
Norton 9:32

I bet half of the people on these boards have no clue who these people are.

so who out there might be traded at the all star break
If we were to trade a prospect what d man would your team be willing to part with

Heres a list of prospect some like Pushkarev we would like to keep but if you want him you offer better be great.

Petr Kanko, RW
Jeff Tambellini, LW
Brian Boyle, C
Konstantin Pushkarev, RW
Jens Karlsson, LW
Brady Murray, C
Greg Hogeboom, RW
Noah Clarke, LW
Connor James, LW
David Steckel, C
Yanick Lehoux, C

So what would be your best offer

Last edited by Grady41: 02-04-2004 at 04:35 AM.
Old
02-04-2004, 03:52 AM
no name

I would also trade Rome, Aulin, Cammy for the right price.

Rome needs a contract this year and we are loaded with great defenseman prospects that are not quite ready like Grebbs, Gleason, Petiot

Old
02-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Grady41

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
I would also trade Rome, Aulin, Cammy for the right price.

Rome needs a contract this year and we are loaded with great defenseman prospects that are not quite ready like Grebbs, Gleason, Petiot
So would I. So if other poster want them their deals would have to be great.

But I didn't included them on the list for a reason

1.I think it would be a good idea to keep as many of our d prospects as we can. Especially the high end ones.
and didn't put any defensemen on the list. I also think we we'll sign Rome. again though if someone offerd a great deal that would bring back a good young d-man or something I'd do it

2.Aulin is injured

3. I'm really high on Cammy and think he'll likely end up centering either the first or second line next year full time. Hopefully he'll be as good as St.Louis

but if the price is right

Old
02-04-2004, 04:49 AM
leafaholix*

With the Kings being in a playoff race and all the good prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gonchar land in Los Angeles.

Old
02-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady41

Corvo 31:24
Modry 30:36
Holland 25:47
Zizka 24:41
Norton 9:32
What happened to Gleason?

Old
02-04-2004, 05:50 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
With the Kings being in a playoff race and all the good prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gonchar land in Los Angeles.
doubt it. i think our need is more in the defensive defenseman rather thent he offensive. i'td be great to have him though, but only if it's a small price to pay. which it seems like it won't be...

Old
02-04-2004, 11:24 AM
kings13

Send a message via AIM to kings13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
What happened to Gleason?
Is currently logging plenty of ice time in Manchester...

Old
02-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Fat Elvis

It wouldn't suprise me to see us move our 1st round pick instead of some of those you have on that list.

Old
02-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Oiltalk

I doubt Lowe moves him to a team in the West based on most of his trades, but if the Oilers are playoff race ends early would the Kings give up their 1st for Smith+?

Old
02-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
It wouldn't suprise me to see us move our 1st round pick instead of some of those you have on that list.
I would not expect the Kings to trade their first this year. They do not have a second rounder and I can't see them waiting until the 3rd round for their first draft selection

Old
02-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I would not expect the Kings to trade their first this year. They do not have a second rounder and I can't see them waiting until the 3rd round for their first draft selection
Smith, Philly's 1st, 3rd
for
LA's 1st, and Cammalleri

Could change the 3rd to a 2nd, but I think it's close valuewise.

Old
02-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Fat Elvis

What is your reason for wanting to trade Smith? Is it his contract status?

Old
02-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
What is your reason for wanting to trade Smith? Is it his contract status?
That and the Oilers have guys ready to come up next year. If Smith and something can get any decent center in a deal without gutting the team I'm all for it.

Old
02-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Smith, Philly's 1st, 3rd
for
LA's 1st, and Cammalleri

Could change the 3rd to a 2nd, but I think it's close valuewise.
As a Kings fan I would do that deal. Good proposal

Old
02-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
As a Kings fan I would do that deal. Good proposal
I believe Jason Smith will be an UFA at the end of the season. That would be an awful move for LA just to rent Smith for a few months and move up a bit in the draft.
It isn't worth giving up Cammalleri for a rental.

Old
02-04-2004, 02:52 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I believe Jason Smith will be an UFA at the end of the season. That would be an awful move for LA just to rent Smith for a few months and move up a bit in the draft.
he is not a UFA...

Old
02-04-2004, 02:54 PM
nikolai19

I think that Smith would be a great addition and if LA could get him for some of the deals posted above then go for it. These are some of the names that I think could come to LA primarily because of price and presence, and also they would cost less than someone like J. Smith. If I had a choice I would get J. Smith because he is a captain and a warrior. Here is my list:

Aaron Ward from Carolina-good solid defenseman, not too old, and terrific experience with two cups under his belt. Carolina is not going to make the playoffs and may deal him off. Hedican would be nice, but is older and too expensive. Probably could be had for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Won't be ready until the deadline anyway after having wrist surgery.

Alex Zhitnik-He would cost about the same as Smith but is a terrific stalwart defenseman. Being that he is a UFA, it may not be in LA's sights, but I think he would add a lot of presence on the blueline. It would probably be Cammalleri and a 1st for Alex.

Jaroslav Spacek-Another Czech defenseman to play with either Modry or Visnovsky. Columbus is always looking to get younger and I could see a deal for Spacek for someone like Aaron Rome going the other way.

Brad Bombadir-Tough, good solid 5-6 guy. Would be nice to pry him and I don't think he would cost all that much. I would like to have Mitchell or Kuba but I think Lemaire likes both of those guys too much. Bombadir could be had for a mid round pick.

Dick Tarnstrom-He is probably Pittsburgh's best defenseman, but I am assuming they are going to go with a complete overhaul with the team period. Wouldn't mind having Tarnstrom line up with fellow Swede Matty Norstrom. Would probably cost a young player like Cammalleri or Rome plus a mid round pick.

Brenden Witt-Witt is likely to go if Washington keeps Gonchar. Nobody really knows how much more will be traded from Washington but if Witt is available I could see LA go after him. Tough solid 4-5 guy would cost a young player straight up, like Cammalleri.

With any of these guys and Norstrom (hopefully won't be out too long), Miller (hopefully coming back soon), Visnovsky (see Miller or Norstrom), Modry, and Joe Corvo, that gives the Kings a pretty good top 6.

This all depends on how they come out after the all-star break. The Kings can only have so many lives yet, but I think if they are in a position to get someone by March, DT will do it.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:01 PM
punchy1

I like Witt as well. He is having an off season so a cap fan has said in another thread and since he has been solid the rest of the time he might be had for a little less then market value and he would be a nice addition. Witt would be good. I wouldn't want to add another player though who would only be a 5-7 guy. We are full mack with those types now.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
For the last time Smith is going to be an RFA not UFA.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:08 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Brad Bombardir, if Brad Brown comes back, can have Marshall for waiver costs...Uhhh Reitz? Shutte? Michalek?

Oh yeah...PLEASE PLEASE TAKE ROCHE!

Old
02-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
he is not a UFA...
My mistake.. he will be a RFA. Still with the uncertainty of the CBA (possible that the UFA age could be lowered in exchange for a soft cap).... I'm not sure it would be in the Kings' best interest to deal a talent like Cammalleri (unless the right deal came along for a more well rounded defenseman who can virtually "do it all").

I am more in favor of the Kings aquiring a player in his mid-late 20's who can stick around for quite some time, and as nikolai19 suggested, Brendan Witt would be a nice welcome addition and a physical pressence the Kings need to add.

As for the suggestion of Cammalleri and a 1st for Zhitnik? No thanks. Alexei is good but not the defenseman he used to be. His best days are unfortunately behind him and that is too much to give up for a soon to be UFA.

You Kings fans seriously undervalue Cammalleri (and I remember so many of you doing so before the season began and you saw yourselves this season what he is capable of doing).

One of the reasons he was demoted was due to the return of Armstrong and Pirnes and it wouldn't make sense to have him in as the 4th line C, so the obvious option would be a demotion so that he can get prime playing time.

Don't be foolish like those few Kings fans who were willing to deal Frolov for Comrie (imbeciles!).

Old
02-04-2004, 03:13 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I like Witt as well. He is having an off season so a cap fan has said in another thread and since he has been solid the rest of the time he might be had for a little less then market value and he would be a nice addition. Witt would be good. I wouldn't want to add another player though who would only be a 5-7 guy. We are full mack with those types now.
I see where you are going with that Punch, but let's say that Miller does not come back this year (a possibility considering no progress has been mentioned), we would need someone like a Bombadir or Ward to eat up minutes instead of taking chances on a guy like Gleason or Ziska, whom may be in the lineup too. It's a fine line with veteran leadership on the blueline, but LA needs some other than Norstrom, Visnovsky, and Modry.

And don't get me wrong I want so badly to see guys like Ziska and Timmy G. excel because I want our scouting to be proven correctly, it's just that it's really tough to ask of such young players.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:16 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
My mistake.. he will be a RFA. Still with the uncertainty of the CBA (possible that the UFA age could be lowered in exchange for a soft cap).... I'm not sure it would be in the Kings' best interest to deal a talent like Cammalleri (unless the right deal came along for a more well rounded defenseman who can virtually "do it all").

I am more in favor of the Kings aquiring a player in his mid-late 20's who can stick around for quite some time, and as nikolai19 suggested, Brendan Witt would be a nice welcome addition and a physical pressence the Kings need to add.

As for the suggestion of Cammalleri and a 1st for Zhitnik? No thanks. Alexei is good but not the defenseman he used to be. His best days are unfortunately behind him and that is too much to give up for a soon to be UFA.

You Kings fans seriously undervalue Cammalleri (and I remember so many of you doing so before the season began and you saw yourselves this season what he is capable of doing).

One of the reasons he was demoted was due to the return of Armstrong and Pirnes and it wouldn't make sense to have him in as the 4th line C, so the obvious option would be a demotion so that he can get prime playing time.

Don't be foolish like those few Kings fans who were willing to deal Frolov for Comrie (imbeciles!).
Certainly, I would love to see Cammalleri stay in LA but some rumors have come around regarding his head being a little big after his streak in LA. If he straightens out, I hope he is up for the playoffs (if LA makes it). I would love to see LA keep as much youth as possible, but when defensemen right now are at a PREMIUM, we are going to have to pay a little more than expected. If the deal on the table was Cammalleri for Smith, I'd do it, even though I would hate to see Cammalleri go. Maybe we could deal Tambellini instead?

Old
02-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Certainly, I would love to see Cammalleri stay in LA but some rumors have come around regarding his head being a little big after his streak in LA. If he straightens out, I hope he is up for the playoffs (if LA makes it). I would love to see LA keep as much youth as possible, but when defensemen right now are at a PREMIUM, we are going to have to pay a little more than expected. If the deal on the table was Cammalleri for Smith, I'd do it, even though I would hate to see Cammalleri go. Maybe we could deal Tambellini instead?
Certainly if the right deal came along you have to go for it. But for the long run, and for a short term fix, is it worth the risk?

That is what you have to consider, which is why I don't think it is likely to see Cammy moved unless the Kings acquire a defensemen whom they know will be sticking around with the organization for the next few years.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:26 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Rickard Wallin + Barry Brust + Brad Bombadir for Konstantin Pushrakov?

Closed Thread