HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Mother of all GDT's:Blues @ Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Oilers Hockey

vCash: 500
So the Oilers are doing what Montreal did last year with Hackett and Theodore? Conklin is our starter? I'm just asking if it's official. If it is...wow. But good.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
So the Oilers are doing what Montreal did last year with Hackett and Theodore? Conklin is our starter? I'm just asking if it's official. If it is...wow. But good.
I'm not saying it's official, though I can't speak for what was on CFRN since I didn't see that. It's just my own opinion.

MacT slams Salo after the LA game, and Conklin gets the next two starts in huge make or break the season games. Maybe I'm wrong.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I'm not saying it's official, though I can't speak for what was on CFRN since I didn't see that. It's just my own opinion.

MacT slams Salo after the LA game, and Conklin gets the next two starts in huge make or break the season games. Maybe I'm wrong.
If so, it's a bit unfortunate.. I still really like Salo and think he could put up a lot better numbers with a bit more defensively minded club. He played great for us for a couple weeks there and was looking solid until MacT put him out there with the flu..

Old
02-04-2004, 08:27 PM
goldenchild

Being an Oiler fan this year reminds me of those woman that come on talk shows and say their husbands beat them but they still love them and don't wanna leave. This team this year has just continually broken my heart and with some of the most painful and excruciating losses I can remember. Yet here I am 5 mins to puck drop in the GD thread and ready to watch another 3 hours. Luckily the scars are on the inside.

I think the final score will be 3-1, my heart wants to say for the Oil but my head says Blues.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
Being an Oiler fan this year reminds me of those woman that come on talk shows and say their husbands beat them but they still love them and don't wanna leave. This team this year has just continually broken my heart and with some of the most painful and excruciating losses I can remember. Yet here I am 5 mins to puck drop in the GD thread and ready to watch another 3 hours. Luckily the scars are on the inside.

I think the final score will be 3-1, my heart wants to say for the Oil but my head says Blues.
That's so true.

You want to hate them because of all the pain and anguish they put you through, but all it takes is some honeyed words ('baby, I SWEAR I won't cough up a 3rd period lead again') and some sweets (fan appreciation night! Bobblehead giveaways!)...and we're ready for another night of fun.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:50 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
If so, it's a bit unfortunate.. I still really like Salo and think he could put up a lot better numbers with a bit more defensively minded club. He played great for us for a couple weeks there and was looking solid until MacT put him out there with the flu..

How quickly we all forget the recent string of shutouts.ahhh.. anyways... Your right, Im sure Conks, as shaky as he is, can carry us from here on. I have nothing to prove otherwise. At least hes proven he can carry a big load. From now on, it feels weird approaching games since I genuinely dislike MacT now. No, Its not his fault where the team is, but even to a layman the mistakes hes making are very obvious, and they are NOT helping the current situation.

(Edit. Rita is of course not playing, correct?)

Old
02-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Dangerdanger

Has horcoff been as useless on the ice as he is on the stats sheet? O faceoff wins about a million losses, 1 penalty, no shots. I normally have no problem with him but thats pretty bad.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:11 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_Gretzky
Has horcoff been as useless on the ice as he is on the stats sheet? O faceoff wins about a million losses, 1 penalty, no shots. I normally have no problem with him but thats pretty bad.
I used to like him. But not as our 1st line center (according to his minutes). You put a frindge player outthere with top 6 minutes, ALL of his shortcomings as a hockey player and an athlete will be that much more apparent.

Edit... USELESS SALO.. wha ....... I mean... Tough luck Ty, he had no chance. I can see why he would let that one in in the last 2 minutes of the first period. Better luck next time Big Guy

Old
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
That's nice, Smyth's face gets carved up, no call, and St Louis marches down and scores.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Dangerdanger

Thats what i thought all year long, hence how he quickly got to a -10 at the start of the year. Then when his ice time decreased he worked his way up to an even. Things could get bad for him again.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:16 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Thats what i thought all year long, hence how he quickly got to a -10 at the start of the year. Then when his ice time decreased he worked his way up to an even. Things could get bad for him again.
Every time the play goes to him the momentum goes the other way, I think MacT should play him more ...

GXL

Old
02-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Dangerdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
Every time the play goes to him the momentum goes the other way, I think MacT should play him more ...

GXL
He's already getting the most ice time of any forward, so why not make it most on the team?

Old
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

exactly dawgbone that was brutal. this two referee system is a real gem.

Old
c-carp

The Blues did exactly what they have to do in that 1st period, they got back to basics. They have to do that for 2 more periods. If they deviate from their systen they will get smoked again.

The defence has been much better even though the Oilers got their shots Divis didnt have to make many saves that made you say wow.

they have to keep it simple.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:21 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
exactly dawgbone that was brutal. this two referee system is a real gem.
I don't understand that... I mean what are they watching... I understand one guy has to stay with the puck, but what is the 2nd guy doing?

Aside from that, the NHL is evidently concerned about hits to the head and that, I don't undertand that when a guy is leaking like that, regardless of whether or not they call a penalty, they don't blow the play down.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:22 PM
gretzky2kurri

Let's start 2 GDT's from now on.

The insert team GDT

and

The insert team and I hate Horcoff GDT.

I guess we should put Yzerman or Thornton out there instead. Oh yeah......we don't have them.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Dangerdanger

I really dont hate horcoff. Perhaps it came off that way, I was actually mostly asking if he's been as bad as the stats sheet looked.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:25 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

it sure is becoming a joke, seems like the nhl is really interested in keeping the sticks down, im getting sick of it.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:28 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Let's start 2 GDT's from now on.

The insert team GDT

and

The insert team and I hate Horcoff GDT.

I guess we should put Yzerman or Thornton out there instead. Oh yeah......we don't have them.
I'd seriously give Dan Tessier (Height: 5-7 Weight: 183) a shot right now before O'l Captain Hawknose.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:30 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

or convince mark lamb to give up his assistant coaching job in dallas and come play for us again. will never forget him in the last stanley cup win, especially the series against the jets, man am i old.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:33 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

holy crap what a goal, three guys with excellent hand eye coordination.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:34 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
I really dont hate horcoff. Perhaps it came off that way, I was actually mostly asking if he's been as bad as the stats sheet looked.
No prob. I wasn't really singling you out,

His stats have been as bad as this teams season.

People don't hate Horcoff because he's lazy or a selfish hockey player. They hate him because MacT gives him the ice time and as hard as he trys........he doesn't have enough talent to appease some fans.

I'll save my energy for ranting about players that aren't trying hard enough. I'm not getting on you about ranting. Alot of others can't seem to post without slagging him around here.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:34 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
or convince mark lamb to give up his assistant coaching job in dallas and come play for us again. will never forget him in the last stanley cup win, especially the series against the jets, man am i old.
No kidding... that was a beauty goal on Beauregard, backhander off the blocker and into the top corner.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
creative giant*

BEAUTY by Dvorak!

and on the PP too!

Old
02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
No prob. I wasn't really singling you out,

His stats have been as bad as this teams season.

People don't hate Horcoff because he's lazy or a selfish hockey player. They hate him because MacT gives him the ice time and as hard as he trys........he doesn't have enough talent to appease some fans.

I'll save my energy for ranting about players that aren't trying hard enough. I'm not getting on you about ranting. Alot of others can't seem to post without slagging him around here.
Its hard to not slag on him right now. Up to this point, this season has been crap, and he seems to be the new face of the Oilers this eason.

Closed Thread