Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Wolf

Old
03-20-2008, 05:23 PM
anaheim ducks90

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to anaheim ducks90 Send a message via MSN to anaheim ducks90
Michael Wolf

Hey guys. I have heard that the Thrashers want sign Michael Wolf from Iserlohn Roosters in german elit-class DEL (Deutsche Eishockey Liga). With 44 goals he was the leading goal scorer in Germany.

What can you say me about this rumor?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=78997

anaheim ducks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 05:53 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

This is the first I have heard of it. How tall is he, we can definitely use more size up front.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
anaheim ducks90

Send a message via ICQ to anaheim ducks90 Send a message via MSN to anaheim ducks90
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
This is the first I have heard of it. How tall is he, we can definitely use more size up front.

He is a small guy 177 cm (5' 8'' i believe) and 80 kg (I don't know how pounds are that)

He is the player profile:

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=2579

anaheim ducks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Sanderson

He was the best German scorer at the last World Championship and became the first 40-goal scorer in the DEL since 1995/96 this season.

I can definately imagine some NHL-teams offering a contractto him, though so far I haven't heard anything about it.

If size is needed, Ahren Spylo (formerly known as Ahren Nittel ) would likely be the better pick as far as DEL-players are concerned. He also scored 40 this season.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 11:32 PM
toph2o

We're all stocked up on 5'8"-5'10" forwards I think.

See: Sterling, Brett
Perrin, Eric
White, Todd
Kozlov, Slava
Recchi, Mark
Haydar, Darren
Krog, Jason
Doell, Kevin

Jeez, maybe DW just wants to be the biggest guy in practice.

toph2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheim ducks90 View Post
He is a small guy 177 cm (5' 8'' i believe) and 80 kg (I don't know how pounds are that)

He is the player profile:

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=2579
Wolf is 5'10'' and 176 lbs.

Atlanta is pretty weak on the RW but I'm not sure, if Wolf is able to jump into the To6 & contribute. The Thrashers have too many 3rd & 4th liners (I fear that Wolf isn't more that just that in the NHL) in the system.

Waddell can ask Germany's NTC Uwe Krupp about Wolf, if DW wants to. Krupp lives in Atlanta.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:17 PM
harry 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
He was the best German scorer at the last World Championship and became the first 40-goal scorer in the DEL since 1995/96 this season.

I can definately imagine some NHL-teams offering a contractto him, though so far I haven't heard anything about it.

If size is needed, Ahren Spylo (formerly known as Ahren Nittel ) would likely be the better pick as far as DEL-players are concerned. He also scored 40 this season.
As far as I know, Spylo has signed or will sign a contract with Hamburg of the DEL worth about 250.000 Euros. I don't know if he'll have a NHL clause...

harry 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Das Rancor

Quote:

Did he marry Adam Spylo or something?

Das Rancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Shadowthrone
Danke Angel di Maria

Adam is his brother. They just were playing with their mother's maiden name for a while as far as i know.

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry 93 View Post
As far as I know, Spylo has signed or will sign a contract with Hamburg of the DEL worth about 250.000 Euros. I don't know if he'll have a NHL clause...
I thought last word was that he wanted to try it in the NHL again.
Hamburg's management was pretty certain that they would get him, but a short while later it changed to "he wants to try out in an NHL camp, but we would be his first option if he should fail". Since then, the situation has become even more obscure.

He isn't really sure what he wants anyway. On the one hand, he absolutely wants to make the NHL, on the other hand, he wants to play for Germany at the 2010 Olympics. To do that, he needs to play one more season in Germany, as double-citizens need to play at least two consecutive years in one of the two countries to be eligible for the national team. He obviously fullfils the requirement for Canada, but he's only at 1 year and 2 or 3 months when it comes to Germany.

As for Wolf, he definately has the scoring ability to play in the NHL, but I doubt that he will ever get a chance to show it. He's a bit like all the Canadians who play in Europe, they don't fit on a checking line, but are either not talented enough or not highly valued enough to get a longer stint on a scoring line.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
I thought last word was that he wanted to try it in the NHL again.
Hamburg's management was pretty certain that they would get him, but a short while later it changed to "he wants to try out in an NHL camp, but we would be his first option if he should fail". Since then, the situation has become even more obscure.

He isn't really sure what he wants anyway. On the one hand, he absolutely wants to make the NHL, on the other hand, he wants to play for Germany at the 2010 Olympics. To do that, he needs to play one more season in Germany, as double-citizens need to play at least two consecutive years in one of the two countries to be eligible for the national team. He obviously fullfils the requirement for Canada, but he's only at 1 year and 2 or 3 months when it comes to Germany.

As for Wolf, he definately has the scoring ability to play in the NHL, but I doubt that he will ever get a chance to show it. He's a bit like all the Canadians who play in Europe, they don't fit on a checking line, but are either not talented enough or not highly valued enough to get a longer stint on a scoring line.
I really hope he stays loyal to the Devils who gave him his first shot....from the video I am seeing this guy looks like a poor mans Rick Nash.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Lutzinho

i'm from germany and i saw him playing in iserlohn this season... and he was really good. i dont think his small size will stop him playing in the nhl if he gets a chance to prove it.
he struggeld a bit at the end of the season and in the play offs but if he keeps playing like he did at the beginning and especially in the mid of the season he could be a solid 3rd line player for the thrashers

Lutzinho is offline   Reply With Quote