HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

potvin available?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2004, 11:49 PM
DRL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
potvin available?

i saw tim thomas was called up, any chance bruins trade potvin, i would like to see the avs inquire about him.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
i saw tim thomas was called up, any chance bruins trade potvin, i would like to see the avs inquire about him.
thomas was called up b/c Potvin has a knee sprain.

Old
02-06-2004, 01:03 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Hey DRL - check out the Bruins forum. There is a whole post concerning the
possibility of Boston sending Potvin to Colorado.

Old
02-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Higgy4

I am a Wings fan. So, obviously I want the Avs to fail. But Aebischer has been great all year long. Granted, some of this has to do with the team in front of him. But is Potvin really an upgrade? What has Potvin ever accomplished in the playoffs? A couple trips to the WCF? Thats about it.

I dont see how this would really help the Avs at all. Just my thoughts.

Old
02-06-2004, 02:25 AM
OpinionatedMike

Ask yourself this, what has Burke, Kolzig or anyone else that's name is being thrown around done?....

Not much....

Old
02-06-2004, 05:41 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
I am a Wings fan. So, obviously I want the Avs to fail. But Aebischer has been great all year long. Granted, some of this has to do with the team in front of him. But is Potvin really an upgrade? What has Potvin ever accomplished in the playoffs? A couple trips to the WCF? Thats about it.

Any other goalies for sale with a Stanley Cup Ring (not named Osgood)? Can't think of any unless Hasek waives his NTC. Potvin has about as much playoff form on the board as any other of the forsale goalie. I wouldn't touch him for other reasons than just experience.

Old
02-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Frolov

Quote:

Povin took the Kings to a game 7 against the Avs after beating the Red Wings in the previous round. Potvin posted back-to-back 1-0 wins in game 5 and game 6 against the high powered Avs. He also took the Avs to game 7 in the following year.

Potvin always plays his best during the playoffs.

Old
02-06-2004, 09:33 AM
RuthlessRobb

Send a message via AIM to RuthlessRobb
Quote:

Av's are looking for an experienced back-up for the playoffs. not to upgrade aebischer

Old
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessRobb
Av's are looking for an experienced back-up for the playoffs. not to upgrade aebischer
what are the avs offering? we'd be happy with a prospect - i'd guess someone other than ballard or boychuk, who seem to be off limits

what about svatos? i know he's injured, but i like his speed and skill

Last edited by neelynugs: 02-06-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old
02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
what are the avs offering? we'd be happy with a prospect - i'd guess someone other than ballard or boychuk, who seem to be off limits

what about svatos? i know he's injured, but i like his speed and skill

svatos for Potvin?

what about boston, they are going into the playoffs with Raycfot and thomas? i say they should just keep potvin

Old
02-06-2004, 12:42 PM
LaVal

i'd LOVE for the Avs to get Potvin

that would be a dream come true. to have GM Place chanting his name and giving him the rasberry against the Avs would be just awsome.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
i'd LOVE for the Avs to get Potvin

that would be a dream come true. to have GM Place chanting his name and giving him the rasberry against the Avs would be just awsome.

are you talking about in the playoffs?

i doubt we play the nucks in the finals

Old
02-06-2004, 12:46 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
are you talking about in the playoffs?

i doubt we play the nucks in the finals
no just any old game. Canuck fans don't wait for any special occasion to blast Potvin. it really gets him off his game when he's there too... perhaps bad memories of the time he spent with Vancouver.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:52 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
svatos for Potvin?

what about boston, they are going into the playoffs with Raycfot and thomas? i say they should just keep potvin
well, yeah...raycroft and thomas. or OC goes out and gets another backup for a 7th rounder

Old
02-06-2004, 04:57 PM
sheep

potvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
Potvin has more holes than swiss cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
Povin took the Kings to a game 7 against the Avs after beating the Red Wings in the previous round. Potvin posted back-to-back 1-0 wins in game 5 and game 6 against the high powered Avs. He also took the Avs to game 7 in the following year.

Potvin always plays his best during the playoffs.

Ok, great. My original post mentioned that he has made it to the Conference Finals a couple times. But he's never been in the Cup Finals. I just dont think he would be an upgrade over Aebischer. And can you imagine what a move like this would to to Aebischer's confidence? It would kill him. He does everything asked of him, plays at a very high level all year, and the Avs STILL go out and get a veteran like Potvin? Makes no sense to me at all.

Old
02-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessRobb

I could see that. But it still may put some doubt into Aebischer's brain about how much the Avs really trust him. Oh well.

Old
02-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Ok, great. My original post mentioned that he has made it to the Conference Finals a couple times. But he's never been in the Cup Finals. I just dont think he would be an upgrade over Aebischer. And can you imagine what a move like this would to to Aebischer's confidence? It would kill him. He does everything asked of him, plays at a very high level all year, and the Avs STILL go out and get a veteran like Potvin? Makes no sense to me at all.
Yeah, I can imagine what it could do to his confidence. And if getting a veteran backup, just in case, is going to hurt his confidence *that* much, then imagine what blowing a two goal lead in the playoffs will do to him.

Old
02-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Eat It

Quote:
I could see that. But it still may put some doubt into Aebischer's brain about how much the Avs really trust him. Oh well.
Potvin has been VERY supportive of Raycroft in Boston even after Rayzor beat him out for the #1 job. I doubt Felix would harm Aebischer's confidence at all, if anything he might help the kid out.

The only problem I see with a deal like this is that both teams need Potvin for the same reason. I can see the interest on the Av's side in getting this done but the B's have done well with Potvin backing up Raycroft and would be wary of fixing something that aint broke.

Closed Thread