HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Colorado @ Calgary

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Miikka Kiprusoff 5 25.00%
Robyn Regehr 2 10.00%
Matthew Lombardi 4 20.00%
Craig Conroy 9 45.00%
Daymond Langkow 0 0%
Jarome Iginla 0 0%
Other - please specify 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Colorado @ Calgary

Here goes all post-game stuff.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

HUGE character win tonight, resulting in the much needed 2 points!

MVP = Craig Conroy.

Scored the GWG, and was nearly unbeatable in faceoffs (7-1?) Just a great overall game by Conroy.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Wish I had been able to listen to the whole game. Sounds like a great defensive game tonight, 28-16 shots on goal? I like the sound of that.

I'm going with Streaking here with Conny being the MVP. 7-1 in the faceoff circle + goal = win.

Huge win, great OOT scoreboard. Now let's beat Minny on Saturday and take the division lead again!

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 10:35 PM
CBanana

Sounds like a great complete game particularly on defense.

My only worry is that hopefully we can get Huselius on his game by the time the playoffs roll around though I'm not sure what Keenan's designs for Huselius are now that it's truly crunch time.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Walkingthroughforest
ring bear

It sounded like Nolan and Conny both had great games
I'll give it to Conny though

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 10:46 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

One player who also deserves a lot of credit tonight is Matthew Lombardi, for using his speed to draw both those penalties that resulted in both goals.

Loved seeing Jim Vandermeer setting the tone for this game 9 seconds in. I have to wonder what kind of start we would have seen from the Flames had he not sparked the team up with that fight.

Miikka Kiprusoff was Miikka Kiprusoff. Solid, and although he wasn't tested much, he did come up with huge saves at key times.

Old
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Grannys

Sucks I didnt see this game but man of man it was a win we needed. Feels good that all hope is not lost yet and we can shut down our big rival on this final strech to the post.

Glad to hear Conroy was good in the faceoff circle since that area has been a sore spot all season. If the team can stay consistently good in the faceoffs that will add a lot to the game.

Grannys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2008, 11:04 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12

That is a lot better! Great effort from everyone tonight. Forwards were coming back to help out, got the puck deep whenever they could and that was about as defensively sound as you can get. Should have been a shutout for Kipper too. Huge props to Lombardi, Conroy, Nolan, Primeau and Tanguay. Those five forwards were tremendous. Lombardi used his speed and drew both penalties that resulted in goals. Conroy with the winner and just excellent on faceoffs. Nilson was good too.

Thought we dominated this game start to finish. Minus a couple shifts we were just better in every facet of the game. Need this kind of effort for the next 8 games and we will be looking good.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:00 AM
KiwiFlamesFan

Great win. Sounded like a solid defensive effort. I gave MVP to Kipper. He's on fire and playing great right now, just what we need

Bring on Minny and the division lead!!

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Shamrocks

Send a message via AIM to Shamrocks
Did Huselius get injured in last nights game or did he not see much ice time. I noticed on NHL.com that he only had 7 shifts and 6:03 in icetime. Was he being benched or something?

I am a Flames fan and watched the Real Time score from NHL.com cause the Flames games get blacked out over here, that is why I do not know the actual story.

Thanks.

Shamrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrocks View Post
Did Huselius get injured in last nights game or did he not see much ice time. I noticed on NHL.com that he only had 7 shifts and 6:03 in icetime. Was he being benched or something?

No, he didn't get injured, he was benched. Keenan said it was because he wanted to put a more physical team on the ice once the Flames had a two-goal lead in order to defend that lead and compete with the Avalanche, who were playing a more physical game at that point, to try and get back into it.

Old
03-21-2008, 01:26 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
No, he didn't get injured, he was benched. Keenan said it was because he wanted to put a more physical team on the ice once the Flames had a two-goal lead in order to defend that lead and compete with the Avalanche, who were playing a more physical game at that point, to try and get back into it.
Mike Kennan is a moron. I was at the game and was just disgusted at seeing Marcus Nillson on the top line. I mean if he wants to be more physical then do so but putting Nilson on the top line is just plain retarded.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:32 PM
DownInFlames

On a side note, the officiating was yet again god aweful. The Colorado goal should have been disallowed as there was a noticeable goalie interference. I hope the NHL puts their officials through school and educates them before the playoffs.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
Mike Kennan is a moron. I was at the game and was just disgusted at seeing Marcus Nillson on the top line. I mean if he wants to be more physical then do so but putting Nilson on the top line is just plain retarded.

Why? After a mediocre 1-3 road trip against non-playoff teams, I don't blame Keenan for trying new lines to see how they mesh. Marcus Nilson has shown he can fill in when needed and do a decent job, whatever line it may be (as we saw in in our last game against Minnesota). I was surprised to see Huselius benched for as long as he was, but I completely understand him being taken off the top line when the Avalanche starting comin' hard to try and get back into this game. Let's be honest here - as skilled as Huselius is, he has no physical presence on the ice and really isn't a guy to count on to go into corners and battle for the puck.

Old
03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
chriss_co

couple things i took from watching the game:

- flames came out and was hitting everyone.. not like running around like tootoo but just finishing their checks hard... it kinda through off colorado as they never responded

- the game was quite boring... defensive i guess.. but it seemed like neither team wanted to bring speed or muscle to prop up the offensive side of the game.. but i guess i'll take the boring side of the game if it wins us games

- lombardi's speed is the main reason we won the game.. he drew 2 penalties and we scored on both.. but the PP for both were both lacklustre until iggy decided to muscle the puck towards the net and phaneuf decided to throw the puck harmlessly on net... basically that sums up the offence.. dont get me wrong, they had other offensive chances but it seemed like the team finally got around to playing a strong defensive game over risking defensive flaws for offensive chances.. we were lucky to score on the PP and go up 2-0 on the avs

lets hope they continue the gritty hard checking defensive game against minnesota cuz if we perfect that style, we'll do well in the playoffs

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote