HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fredrik Sjöström's blog

Old
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalker View Post
These were a really good read. It's cool to get insight into how a player reacts to something like being traded. It's easy as a fan to think that all trades must be exciting for a player and no big deal, as it's their job, and they ought to be used to or prepared for something like that. Also, they have plenty of money, so it isn't as though they can't make ends meet or afford a new place.

It really shows in his post about the trade how devastating it can be. I could only imagine how upsetting it would be if someone told me tomorrow that I had been traded to a company on the west coast and I just had to get on a plane tonight and leave my stuff and my girlfriend behind for who knows how long, with no established place to live. It must truly suck to be a rental player, as you really have no idea what will become of your life in the near future. Also, as well as I know Pittsburgh and can get from here to there with no real trouble, it must be hell to go from a city you know like the back of your hand to a city as big as NYC. You'd have no idea how to get anywhere, or what is even out there to go to. You'd have no idea what's a good or bad neighborhood to live in. You wouldn't know where restaurants are or anything. It has to be even worse when you're not far removed from a foreign country either, and you feel more comfortable around your countrymen, as Sjostrom seems to. That adds even more stress to it all.

For example, I heard Marian Hossa lives in the North Side in Pittsburgh near PNC Park and Heinz Field, and wonder if anyone told him that area sucks
Salvador was essentially living in a hotel room for 10 days, by himself, because he hurt his foot early once he was signed to the Devils. That's gotta be horrible. A hotel in Jersey for 10 days! Man i'dda been drunk

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote