HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings in Organizational Ranking

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 07:36 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Kings in Organizational Ranking

looks like we found our spot at #13

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

our weakness in goalie prospects is pretty open. i think this is wat hurt us the most. not to mention, many of our top prospects are now with the club and no longer counted as part of the farm (ie cammy, brown, zizka, barney, etc)

Old
02-04-2004, 08:33 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
looks like we found our spot at #13

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

our weakness in goalie prospects is pretty open. i think this is wat hurt us the most. not to mention, many of our top prospects are now with the club and no longer counted as part of the farm (ie cammy, brown, zizka, barney, etc)
Thats the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. 13???? HF is dumb.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:36 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
not to mention, many of our top prospects are now with the club and no longer counted as part of the farm (ie cammy, brown, zizka, barney, etc)
That's exactly it (except Zizka and Barney were eligible). Had Brown and Cammy been eligible, Kings would have been somewhere about 5-7.

02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
That's exactly it (except Zizka and Barney were eligible). Had Brown and Cammy been eligible, Kings would have been somewhere about 5-7.
It's a prospect ranking, not a youth ranking. If you go by youth we're stacked because Frolov, Brown, and Cammy would have made that list. Also, I still think they're underrating Munce, but he'll show everybody. Here's hoping Sarnia gets the Mem Cup because next year could be the year of the Munce!

Old
02-04-2004, 08:42 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M
It's a prospect ranking, not a youth ranking. If you go by youth we're stacked because Frolov, Brown, and Cammy would have made that list. Also, I still think they're underrating Munce, but he'll show everybody. Here's hoping Sarnia gets the Mem Cup because next year could be the year of the Munce!
Ya, it's all players who have played less than 40 NHL games (or 65 in two seasons) and are under the age of 25. That's what HF defines as a "prospect". If the list included players like Frolov, Cammy, Brown, Staal, Horton, Fluery, etc., it would look very different.

Old
02-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Jeff Tambellini is supposed to be "unspectacular"?

Old
02-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

What makes even less sense to me is how Nashville is 14th.
I find these rankings to be rather amusing.

Old
02-04-2004, 11:35 PM
no name

Most authorities have the Kings either number one or 1-3.

Old
02-05-2004, 12:32 AM
David A. Rainer

Keep in mind, some of the players we as fans consider prospects are not considered prospects by HF anymore. Cammy and Brown were not eligible.

Old
02-05-2004, 12:59 AM
no name

There should be no doubt in anyones mind that Brown is a prospect. The guy should have been in Juniors or at least in the AHL. He had no reason being with the Kings. This has been a wasted year of development in my opinion.

Old
02-05-2004, 05:40 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Keep in mind, some of the players we as fans consider prospects are not considered prospects by HF anymore. Cammy and Brown were not eligible.

Exactly. The Flyers are like 27 or something, but Pitkanen, Vandermeer, Seidenberg all graduated and Woywitka got traded. The only guy on our top 5 list that is still there from last year is Antero Niittymaki.

Old
02-05-2004, 12:27 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Exactly. The Flyers are like 27 or something, but Pitkanen, Vandermeer, Seidenberg all graduated and Woywitka got traded. The only guy on our top 5 list that is still there from last year is Antero Niittymaki.
I know. If the rankings had been done at the beginning of the year instead of the middle, Pitt would be #1, Montreal would be #2, Phily would be top 5, and the Kings would be 5-7. But because it is in the middle of the year and a lot of players have graduated, the list is coming way out different.

I can't say I disagree with how the list came out given the criteria for the list.

Old
02-05-2004, 03:47 PM
palffytofrovlov

I still dont like the ranking. Even though the Kings have Frolov and Brown in the NHL, I still don't think the Ducks have better prospects that the Kings. The Kings still should have been in the top 8... as far as potential they have a lot of great players. A few of them have been injured like Aulin, Grebeshkov, Pushkarev... but they still have the potential to be great....

Look at the players Hogeboom, Kanko, Tambellini, Murray, Cammy, Karlsson, Steckle, Boyle, Guerin, Murphy, and dont forget Barney... on offense

on defense Gleason, Rome, Grebeshkov, and Petiot.

I dont know maybe I am biased... I like their prospects.. i think they still can use an offensive d-man and a great goalie prospect....

Old
02-05-2004, 08:59 PM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
There should be no doubt in anyones mind that Brown is a prospect. The guy should have been in Juniors or at least in the AHL. He had no reason being with the Kings. This has been a wasted year of development in my opinion.
Unfortunately he couldn't play in the AHL where he belongs. If the Kings had been looking ahead, they would have sent him back to Juniors, let him play out his fourth year and sent him to Manchester next year, but they didn't. One thing that I do like is that Brown's getting a taste of NHL season long conditioning. If we could get him away from the fried chicken wings and into some summer training with Matty he could stun the hockey world next season. As it is though he's one of those prospects who's too good for juniors, not good enough for the NHL and not elidgible for the AHL.

Old
02-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Yet, Zherdev was considered a prospect for the Blue Jackets? Those write-ups have no consistency at all.

Old
02-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
Yet, Zherdev was considered a prospect for the Blue Jackets? Those write-ups have no consistency at all.
....And Taffe and Sjostrom for Phoenix(who is ranked ridiculously too high)

Old
02-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
I don't think this was a wasted year for Brown. He's learning how to play in the NHL, by actually playing in it. He's an effective player when healthy.

Closed Thread