Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Seawolves/Wildcatters 3/21/08

Old
03-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Blackhawk

vCash: 500
Seawolves/Wildcatters 3/21/08

In Biloxi for a few games.... THe Wildcatters were dreadful last night. Worst I've seen them play in 2 years. Seawolves blew them out 6-1. THey continue on this path, they won't survive the 1st round of the playoffs. Terrible effort.

Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:58 PM
CrazyEddie20

Mississippi won in overtime against Texas last night. Looks like the Wildcatters have tired of Cameron and his tired psychotic coaching act. Watch for the big choke in the playoffs.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Go Catters

Sorry, guys, but I am going to have to disagree with you both where Cameron is concerned. But, I will admit, on Friday, we got our butts kicked but I hear that Mississippi played an outstanding game and was probably one of the best games this season. (Several of the Catters' fans were in Mississippi this weekend for the game). However, not that it is much of a defense, we were missing quite a few of our players because they had been called up within the last week and Cameron added a few guys into the mix that the other guys haven't had much of chance to play.

As far as choking is concerned in the playoffs, I certainly hope not. Personally, I would like for the Catters' to win the Kelly Cup. I would like to see them throw a little egg into the faces of the people who did not support them and then ended up losing them because of it. Besides, I would think that the guys would want the Kelly Cup on their resumes'. But, as I have witnessed, ANYTHING is possible in the playoffs (and here is hoping we get our team restored).

Go Catters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Poddubny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
Mississippi won in overtime against Texas last night. Looks like the Wildcatters have tired of Cameron and his tired psychotic coaching act. Watch for the big choke in the playoffs.
I've gotta agree with Crazy Eddie. I think the Wildcatters have already peaked, and the Wolves are getting hot at the right time. It's pretty obvious that Cameron is talking ... but the players have stopped listening.

Poddubny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Mississippi won in overtime against Texas last night. Looks like the Wildcatters have tired of Cameron and his tired psychotic coaching act.
You need to say this more on Wildcatter game days. 'Catters won 5-1 last night against Mississippi.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Blackhawk

I saw all three games. The catters restored a bit of order Sunday. The passing was excellent. The Seawolves were in a battle to get into the playoffs Friday and Sat. They gave it their all and got in. Sat. the catters had 29 shots in the first period to 4, but the wolves held tough. The wolves most likely relaxed a bit on Sunday after pulling out all the stops the 2 previous nights.

I'd like to see the catters take it all being it's their Swan Song this year, but it's a looooooooong road and anything can happen. I've seen Vegas play and they aren't any two-bit bunch. Then Cincy.... the list goes on.

Old
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Blackhawk

Lone goal for the catters last friday. Finally had a look at my pics....

Old
04-26-2008, 11:02 AM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Cameron's chokers were eliminated by Columbia last night, closing the book on hockey in Boremont, Texas.

Old
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Again, you are wrong. Big Choke? They got to two the second round and took it to game 5. It was a 2-1 game before CBA scored two empty netters 10 seconds apart. It was not a big choke.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2008, 01:26 PM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
Again, you are wrong. Big Choke? They got to two the second round and took it to game 5. It was a 2-1 game before CBA scored two empty netters 10 seconds apart. It was not a big choke.
When you compile 115 points, and you lose with three rounds of the playoffs ahead of you to a team you took three-of-five games from during the regular season, that you outscored 21-12 in the regular season, it's definitely a big choke.

Face it, the only team Texas beat in the playoffs was Mississippi, one of the bottom five teams in the league. With the season they had, Texas should not have lost to Columbia, but they did, and it wasn't even in the division finals. That's a choke.

It seemed like everyone was so quick to anoint Texas the Kelly Cup Champs, well guess what, Malcolm Cameron's team chokes again.

Go back to perusing eurohockey.net, Geoff, and wishing your beloved state school had a real college hockey team.

Old
04-26-2008, 02:15 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Everyone knows playoffs are different. Pensacola won the Brabham Cup only to knocked out in the first round (in 4 games no less). ***** happens and you act like there are never upset in the sport of hockey. 1980 Miracle on Ice anyone? Upsets happen.

I don't care if FSU has NCAA hockey as long as they have hockey, I'll support it. I'm not gonna waste my life ripping of everything in the hockey world I am not involved with. Have fun be miserable.

Old
04-26-2008, 05:28 PM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
Everyone knows playoffs are different. Pensacola won the Brabham Cup only to knocked out in the first round (in 4 games no less). ***** happens and you act like there are never upset in the sport of hockey. 1980 Miracle on Ice anyone? Upsets happen.

I don't care if FSU has NCAA hockey as long as they have hockey, I'll support it. I'm not gonna waste my life ripping of everything in the hockey world I am not involved with. Have fun be miserable.
I never said upsets don't happen, but people around the ECHL sure were quick to think Texas would run away with the Kelly Cup. As Cameron's teams have done for years, they ran through the regular season only to choke in the playoffs. I remember when Louisiana and Pensacola won the Brabham Cup and they, too, choked.

If a team with 115 points losing to a team with 77 points in what is essentially the first round of the playoffs isn't a choke, Geoff, what is? Honestly?

I'm stating a fact. Texas choked. I've defended it with statistics.

You, who loves to prove me wrong, haven't proven squat here.

Old
04-26-2008, 09:06 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

I'll admit it was a choke. It just wasn't a huge choke. The fought through injuries and call ups in the playoffs. The south is one of the toughest divisions year in and year out any upset in the South is hardly a surprise and as you have show is predictable.