HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus Blue Jackets, 7pm on FSN OH

Old
03-24-2008, 09:06 AM
errey21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
That's great. Thanks for the history lesson. Sergei Fedorov has 3 cups and is a league MVP as well and Foote had 2 cups -- did that mean the Jackets were Cup bound or even playoff bound?

I think Detroit has a great team I just don't think Osgood/Hasek will be good enough now to lead the team to the promiseland.
Im with Shelf on this one. Man I feel like I am just trying to beat up on the best team in the league today to make myself feel better But Shelf is right, I would not be feeling good about Hasek. Again, in the small amount of games Ive watched Detroit play, Osgood looks much better.

When Hasek is on, he's on. But Ive personally watched him "Meltdown" twice against the Bluejackets, a team that considers scoring two goals a game a moral victory.

If Im the other western conference playoff teams, all I need is four games to get by Detroit. If Hasek can "meltdown" for just one of them, I like my chances.

errey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
cpmCBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by errey21 View Post

I figured our season was over, so I was trying to watch the game the other night like a scout might. Man the wings just didnt do any of that stuff except Downy. They didnt finish checks, they didnt go into corners, to a man, everyone of them pulled up when they were about to get hit. When it was five on five, and we were laying to bodies on you, we carried the game hands down. When it was special teams, you put on a frickin clinic
they didn't need to do any of those things against us because they had the puck the whole game. there is no way we "carried the game" 5 on 5. we made horrible passes, turned over the puck constantly...we basically sucked in every facet of the game.

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 11:19 AM
errey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmCBJ View Post
they didn't need to do any of those things against us because they had the puck the whole game. there is no way we "carried the game" 5 on 5. we made horrible passes, turned over the puck constantly...we basically sucked in every facet of the game.
CPM

If you saw it that way more power to you. That game was 1-1 save special teams though. And I think we had four giveaways to their four giveaways. But its the end of the season and we are talking a Presidents trophy team vs a team that has never made the playoffs, so at the end of the day, Im just killing time on a message board........

My only point in posting was that I usually come home and want to trade/waive half the team, but I just didnt feel that way after this game even though we lost 4-1. Maybe Im just in a good mood because its almost Spring. But I really feel this team is "close" and I like to use Detroit as a measuring stick since they are so good. I just dont feel the difference between the two teams is as big as it used to be. Detroit used to be an automatic loss. Now I feel like we are getting "close" to being very competitive with them. Thats all.

And if you are right, maybe Detroit doesnt have to do all those things against a team like the Jackets that tend to suck in "every facet of the game". But my other point was, watching that game, I feel Detroit will have match-up problems against teams like Anaheim, San Jose, and Calgary when all the teams, other than us, start playing "playoff hockey". Which also makes me feel good because I like thinking that the best team in the league during the regular season will only get to play 4-7 more games than us depending on their first round opponent.

errey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 11:39 AM
heyfolks

You can dissect the game in many ways but the SOG were 12 to 21. 12 shots isn't much. People now look at ta more meaningful stat, which is scoring opps, a clear that the goalie must stop is counted as a shot nevertheless even the Jaket announcers were stating the Wing were controlling the game. The JAckets couldn't move the puck from D to forwards effectively. the hitting did favor the Jackets, which is par for the Wings because they have the puck so often they are the target more often than the checker, but I bet Nash had half the hits. He was a beast all night long. It is true the specialty teams were the difference, they often are, and the wings is far ahead of the Jackets. That is why the Wings frustrate some teams. They hold onto the puck, cycle it back to their d, and will regroup rather than dump and enter. If you get frustrated and obstruct, slash etc, they kill you that power play (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Rafalski, and Lidstrom ... DAMN!). Nash needs supporting wingers of greater skill and this team needs a puck moving defensemen in a big way. I am wing fan, but I really believe your coach is among the best in the league. He will build a rivalry here and it will be a good one, though I am a MSU fan. (I know Ohio hates all that is Michigan. It is all good.) A great goalie and a greatleader in Nash. a solid coach and some nice picks in the draft. The Jackets are a team on the rise.

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Pucknacious

Another Wings regular-season wrap-up at beautiful downtown Nationwide Arena, another octopus thrown out on the ice ...

The worm will turn one day, my friends.

Pucknacious is offline   Reply With Quote