Notices

All Star Practice

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2004, 02:22 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
All Star Practice

Anyone else make it down for the All Star practice? It was pretty fun. Lot of kid-oriented stuff, but it was nice to see all the guys on the ice. They did a few interviews with players and coaches. Kuba and Roli got nice cheers when they came out. Pat Quinn guaranteed the Eastern All Stars would win the game. Roenick was great with the fans. Threw more pucks to the fans than anyone, and took the time to sign a lot of autographs.. jerseys thrown over the glass, etc. Everyone said very flattering things about the crowd and the St. Paul/MN area in general.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:37 PM
BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Anyone else make it down for the All Star practice? It was pretty fun. Lot of kid-oriented stuff, but it was nice to see all the guys on the ice. They did a few interviews with players and coaches. Kuba and Roli got nice cheers when they came out. Pat Quinn guaranteed the Eastern All Stars would win the game. Roenick was great with the fans. Threw more pucks to the fans than anyone, and took the time to sign a lot of autographs.. jerseys thrown over the glass, etc. Everyone said very flattering things about the crowd and the St. Paul/MN area in general.
How was Bert treated by the crowd? I am sure he was showered with love and acceptance

Old
02-07-2004, 05:20 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
How was Bert treated by the crowd? I am sure he was showered with love and acceptance
Heh, there were a handful of people that tried to get a good boo going right when he came on the ice, but it didn't really amount to much. He may have heard a few, but he would've just laughed, I'm sure. Most guys were in pretty good spirits, obviously. Some seemed a little surprised by the size of the crowd. Bertuzzi did get a nice picture taken with Naslund and Crawford. Not sure if those shots will get used anywhere or if they're just for the players' personal collections.

Old
02-07-2004, 05:37 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Here are a few pics.
Turco was awesome! He kept busy tossing pucks, signing and interacting with the fans.

Old
02-07-2004, 08:02 PM
BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Heh, there were a handful of people that tried to get a good boo going right when he came on the ice, but it didn't really amount to much. He may have heard a few, but he would've just laughed, I'm sure. Most guys were in pretty good spirits, obviously. Some seemed a little surprised by the size of the crowd. Bertuzzi did get a nice picture taken with Naslund and Crawford. Not sure if those shots will get used anywhere or if they're just for the players' personal collections.
Haha thanks for the update ceber! Enjoy the All-Star festivities

Old
02-08-2004, 11:16 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Here are a few pics.
Turco was awesome! He kept busy tossing pucks, signing and interacting with the fans.
Those pictures are awesome! It's nice to see and hear about what's going on from the fans point of view, always better than the announcers. Keep the updates coming boys!

Old
02-08-2004, 12:09 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Here is Alfie warming up and a couple of group shots.

Last edited by aylib: 10-10-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old
02-08-2004, 02:00 PM
WildKubli44

Send a message via AIM to WildKubli44
The All-Star Fantasy was incredible. I went on friday and had a heck of a time. I got Pierre-Marc Bouchard's autograph.....Im very excited bout this, he is my fav. player, and we share the same birthdate. Got to touch the Stanley Cup....Nice. St. Paul has done a heck of a job. Now let's enjoy the game!

Old
02-08-2004, 02:01 PM
nuksforlife

Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
Did they boo or cheer Bert when he scored on the breakaway, it was hard to tell??

Old
02-08-2004, 02:09 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksforlife
Did they boo or cheer Bert when he scored on the breakaway, it was hard to tell??
I think he was booed after touchig the puck, but that changed into cheering after he scored.

Closed Thread