HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let Rozy walk???

Old
03-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Cherepanisimov

vCash: 500
Let Rozy walk???

i know we're in the middle of the playoff race and we shouldn't be looking to far into the future, but...

rozy's had a pretty good year offensively(around 40 points i think), has been very shaky defensively, but he wants around 5 mil.

let him walk and try to sign brian campbell(idk if theres any other good offensive dmen that are ufas this year). even if he commands 6 or 7 mil, we have the room with mara, malik, shanny, maybe jagr, and god forbid avery leaving(about 15m combined).

campbell is better in most aspects of the game than rozsival and we are in a great position to sign him

whaduya think?

not to mention he coul be a good mentor to sangs as they are very similar players

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:35 PM
alucard

Where did you hear $5 million?
I have yet to hear any numbers about this, but I imagine $5 million would be a bit excessive

alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
NYR Viper

to be honest....although campbell is a good puck mover, and a good offensive defenseman he isnt thaqt great defensively......plus for 6-7 million the rangers could wait and sign someone the following year.....he isnt what the rangers need.....a big physical defenseman.....however if he would sign for 6 and rozsival wanted 5 or he was going to walk, i would sign campbell.....no more than 6 only if rozsival will only take 5 or more....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Very shaky? Really?

I think our collective expectations are too high. Anything worse than flawless is "shaky".

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:38 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Let him walk and go for a steady 2-3$ million defenseman.

Make Tyutin/Staal/Girardi your #1 and Baranka/Sangs out of camp we'll fill the back end of the defense.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:39 PM
mstraka82

resign him with a huge lecture, rosi is soooooooo cool and is good when he plays with lurch

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:41 PM
NYR Viper

rozsival-staal
girardi-tyutin
baranka-backman

Old
03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
rozsival-staal
girardi-tyutin
baranka-backman
Staal-(UFA)
Tyutin-Girardi
Backman-Baranka/Sangs/Sauer

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Staal-(UFA)
Tyutin-Girardi
Backman-Baranka/Sangs/Sauer
but who is good enough to play #1/2......campbell.....not really good enough defensively........orpik....more of a #4/5/6.....commodore....3/4/5/6......the main problem is that there arent any available this summer...

Old
03-22-2008, 06:56 PM
NYR Viper

redden, orpik, commodore, campbell, hedican, norstrom are the most noteworthy UFA's.....

pitkanen, weber, and suter are the best RFA's IMO.....if the rangers could trade for one of them it would be the best but most likely wont happen......

my choices on that list
campbell(5-6 million only)
orpik(2-3 million)

Old
03-22-2008, 07:04 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Kalinin... he could play on a top-pairing... Redden is a UFA and he's a no. 1... Rob Blake can still cut no. 1 minutes... Hainsey, Liles, Brad Stuart.

It's not a great market though, and we're dealing with a cap and having to sign top-six wingers. I'd look at a guy like Mike Van Ryn in FLA... sure, it'd take a trade, but it's better than committing $5M to a suspect UFA d-man, which they all are for different reasons.

I think Sauer and Prucha could get us Van Ryn and like a 4th rd pick. He has great ability, but Florida isn't a good showcase (until someone catches a skate in the throat).

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:08 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
unless u could somehow managed to trade for one of the Nashville D-men (preferably Weber) I would say Rozie, Campbell is gonna cost a lot more, though Rozie would certainly get a lot as well...

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:08 PM
levski87

Rozy is not the best defenseman... and def not worth 5 mil... I'm sure we can get someone else. I dont understand why everyone has a problem with Campbell. He's a decent defenseman and great at the point. IF we paying 6-7 mil, might as well spend it on campbell than on rozy. Look at his point totals since hes been with San jose. I think there was 1-3 games where he didn't register points.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:10 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
to be honest....although campbell is a good puck mover, and a good offensive defenseman he isnt thaqt great defensively......plus for 6-7 million the rangers could wait and sign someone the following year.....he isnt what the rangers need.....a big physical defenseman.....however if he would sign for 6 and rozsival wanted 5 or he was going to walk, i would sign campbell.....no more than 6 only if rozsival will only take 5 or more....
no more dman that can skate we need some physical dman, commodore, salvador, orpik jason smth all ufa.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:28 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I'd keep Rozsival, has a very nice arsenal.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Balej20*

The Rangers might not have a chose. They may have to let him walk if he asks for about $5 Mill...which is ridiculous btw.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
FrolundasFinest

Keep him, let him be a tutor to Sangs/Baranka/Sauer or any combination of the three. He is a smart defensiveman, he can score, and he has caused me and most of you guys the least stress of all of our defenders this past season. Before you get mad at me for saying all of this look at our guys this year.

Rozy: Solid offensively, always comes up big on defense. There is a reason Renney puts him out there when it matters the most. We have to keep him.

Malik: Our favorite goat, but when he is in we win. Of course I think this is because our D feels the need to compensate for his presence. In his defense though, he plays smart most of the time and he is really good at the break out pass. Let him go though.

Girardi: I love him, but he is too inconsistent, he cannot seem to think about both offense and defense.

Tyutin: I think he is our best defender this year, but he is scared to take the body in front of the net, which drives me nuts.

Just by the way, these two guys have 47 points combined and a +/- of -1. So they need some kind of leader to keep things under control and I think that Rozy has both the experience and knowledge to help these two develop into one of the better second pairings in the league.

Staal: He is our future number 1 and when he was paired with Rozy during the Malik debacle, he showed that he might already be ready for the first pair. This is where I think that having Rozy still around will help us the most. It allows Staal to develop further and learn from Rozy what it takes to be a number 1, which like it or not, Rozy has been for the past few years.

Studs/Mara: Will probably be gone to make room for the youngins. Struds is too slow and Mara is great defensively but sometimes I feel like he cannot hit the broad side of a barn with his shot.

Backman: He is here for awhile no matter what, so lets get used to him. He will probably be a good 6th/7th D-man until his contract runs and we can get whomever gets left out of the Sangs/Baranka/Sauer trio.

So this is what I say for next year (Cap Considerations notwithstanding)

Rozy/Staal
Tyutin/Girardi
Backman/Baranka

Sauer or a cheap UFA as 7th. Let Sangs develop in Hartford for a year. This isn't a few years ago when we needed a lot of help. There is no harm in leaving him there for a year and move him up when Backman is off the books.

That being said sign Rozy to a 2 yr deal worth 4.5 or so. Then let Backman go after next year and bring up Sauer/Sangs for 09-10. Then Let Rozy walk after that year, when Staal will be ready to lead and we can have a solid blueline for years to come.

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:42 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Tyutin is scared to take the body? Now i've heard everything. He has the most hits on the team, as a d-men.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I'd rather sign Redden to play with Staal at 6 million than resign Rozy at 5 million. I'd set Rozsival's reasonable re-signing rate at a 3 year, 13 million deal....maximum

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 07:51 PM
FrolundasFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Tyutin is scared to take the body? Now i've heard everything. He has the most hits on the team, as a d-men.
Yet nearly everytime there is a goal scored when he is one the ice it is because his man is standing there in front of the next and gets to put it past Hank untouched. I am not saying he is afraid to take the body. I said that he is afraid to do it in front of the net. There is a difference if you ask me, since plenty of people will hit someone in the neutral zone and not do anything inside the blueline.

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 08:58 PM
eco's bones

Rangers have to set their priorities--Will Jagr be back?--Avery? As far as Campbell being a better player than Roszival--I don't think so. Campbell is a better offensive player with better wheels and is very nifty with the puck but he is not nearly as good as Roszival in his own end. Campbell IMO is very overrated. Neither are particularly physical but I'd give Roszival the edge there too. The Rangers cannot afford to give Roszival too much and whether the Rangers seriously pursue him over the summer may depend on what Jagr does. If Jagr doesn't come back there's a good chance that Michal won't either. If Jagr does come back he's going to take a big part of what's left under the cap.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 08:58 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Kalinin... he could play on a top-pairing... Redden is a UFA and he's a no. 1... Rob Blake can still cut no. 1 minutes... Hainsey, Liles, Brad Stuart.

It's not a great market though, and we're dealing with a cap and having to sign top-six wingers. I'd look at a guy like Mike Van Ryn in FLA... sure, it'd take a trade, but it's better than committing $5M to a suspect UFA d-man, which they all are for different reasons.

I think Sauer and Prucha could get us Van Ryn and like a 4th rd pick. He has great ability, but Florida isn't a good showcase (until someone catches a skate in the throat).
kalinen cant play top minutes......he is getting booed by the sabres fans here in buffalo because he is soo bad on the 3rd pairing.....

Old
03-22-2008, 10:16 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers have to set their priorities--Will Jagr be back?--Avery?
Therein lies the real issue. Priorities. If the Rangers have to make a choice between Avery and Rozsival, it's Avery without a second thought.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 10:25 PM
frankthefrowner

Rozy will get an absurd Contract. One we shouldnt match. Let him walk and go after something else.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
BlairBettsBlocks

rozsival is to shaky, he makes tons of mistakes
5 million, im sorry but go f yourself
4 million, buh bye
3 million, maybe

id sign him for 2-2.5, but pleasse, not on the top pair

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote