HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Let Rozy walk???

Old
03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree, they will be shopping whitney.....but he is bad......especially defensively....IMO i dont mind a defenceman who doesnt score a whole lot as long as he is good in his defensive end.....whitney isnt the answer and if the rangers are gonna trade for him, then i would rather trade prucha and moore or some other b-level prospect to toronto for mccabe.....at least he is ok in his defensive zone
Oh I agree with you on Whitney. That's why I started out that paragraph in my original post with "Unfortunately."

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Shutdown role = playing against opposition top players.
Rozsival and his partner, regardless of who that is, do that.
(not sure what's hard to grasp there really... )
Considering the Rangers' GAA has ranked pretty highly in those three years, and that he's +50 in that time, he obviously does something right.

Redden's been pretty awful the last couple of seasons and the Ottawa fans are on him. He's also been taken off the PK units earlier in the year cos of poor defensive play.

The Buffalo series? You still wouldn't consider that a top-pairing performance from Rozy?

The guy was ridiculous. He was on for ONE goal against (including PK minutes, where he led the team) in about 180 minutes of total time spent on ice in the series. That's pretty sick man.

Not to mention he ended up with 3 or 4 points, an overtime GWer, a ton of blocked shots, etc... All on one leg, so to speak.
He was quiet easily the best defenseman in the series, possibly the best skater as well.
Thats pretty sick, and that goal was Maliks giveaway...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i would say everyteam but 3-4 teams in the lague would love to have a guy like rozsival on their top pairing(teams who may not need him=anaheim, detroit, calgary, montreal)
Are you telling me that aside from 3-4 teams, that Rozsival could supplant any of the current top-pairings defenseman on all of those teams? Come on now. Rozsival has been good for us, but let's not overratehim.
Quote:
i cant think of another team that wouldnt want rozsival
That does not mean that he can step in and be a top-pairings defensman on those teams.
Quote:
in his prime....a good hard shot
His shot is useless if he is constantly overpassing to a double covered Jagr.
Quote:
dont see whats not to like
The discussion is not what is to like or not to like. But rather if Rozsival can supplant any of the current top-pairing defensemen on virtually any team in the league. There is a big difference between the two. The other part is whether or not he is going to be worth between $5m-$6m per year.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Are you telling me that aside from 3-4 teams, that Rozsival could supplant any of the current top-pairings defenseman on all of those teams? Come on now. Rozsival has been good for us, but let's not overratehim.

That does not mean that he can step in and be a top-pairings defensman on those teams.

His shot is useless if he is constantly overpassing to a double covered Jagr.

The discussion is not what is to like or not to like. But rather if Rozsival can supplant any of the current top-pairing defensemen on virtually any team in the league. There is a big difference between the two. The other part is whether or not he is going to be worth between $5m-$6m per year.
I like Rozy a lot... he's not worth 5 million. Sigh... thats the market we have these days

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:22 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
I like Rozy a lot... he's not worth 5 million. Sigh... thats the market we have these days
The market is what the market is. However, it does not mean that the Rangers have to go out and bring back Rozsival back at such a price.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
jc25

I'd say if Rozy wants a 2 year deal we should pay him what he desires however if he wants anything longer we should let him walk.

Our youth needs time and cap space, it'd be tough to let them develop with playing time/$$$ constraints. A 2 year deal worth whatever he wants wouldn't damage the players that are already developing at the minor league level.

Sangs will need 1-1/2 years in hartford
Saur/Baranka could use another year or come up next year if theres an injury

After Malik and Strudwick leave and Mara is resigned that would leave room for 1 D man. I could see, if Rozy is resigned, Hutchinson coming up and being the 7th D man. Yes his D is horrible but his offense might be desirable for a trade to some team.

meh?

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 07:24 AM
SML

With all the Roszi bashing of late, I found this a good read... It all seemed so clear, too bad the Rangers didn't feel the same way.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 11:19 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
doesn't he have an option after the 1st yr of this deal??

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:53 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Looking back at this thread,I am going to throw my hat into the ring when the Rangers seek a replacement for Slats.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:54 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
doesn't he have an option after the 1st yr of this deal??
NO.The NHL CBA prohibits option years.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
NO.The NHL CBA prohibits option years.
Holy ****, you're back?! *******, a very quality poster returning from a lengthy hiatus (hope everything worked out) is good news for our board.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 04:38 PM
czechmate25

Redden is a way bigger problem. Atleast Rozy contributes offensively every once in awhile.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote