HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Interest in Dallas Drake.

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Hecht

vCash: 500
Interest in Dallas Drake.

according to an article in today's St. Louis Post Dispatch if the Blues keep slumping it's rumored that they might look into trading Dallas Drake at the deadline. I'm just wondering if there's any interest out there. He's a good 2nd/3rd line guy who can provide toughness, has some offensive skill, and has played on the PK as well. I'm thinking 3 round pick (at best). He will be a UFA next season so I don't expect a big return.

let the bidding begin

Old
02-04-2004, 11:22 AM
AshRaTempel

Ottawa could use Drake.

Schastlivy plus a pick?

Old
02-04-2004, 11:26 AM
sensfan18

Shastlivy straight up, or a 3rd rounder.

Old
02-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Frenzy1

IF, the blues continue to drop, then Ottawa will be the biggest suitor for Drake. But I could also see Buffalo going after him if they are in a position to make the playoffs.

Old
02-04-2004, 11:40 AM
future consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
IF, the blues continue to drop, then Ottawa will be the biggest suitor for Drake. But I could also see Buffalo going after him if they are in a position to make the playoffs.
If Buffalo has a good shot for the playoffs they'd prob be interested in either Drake or Mayers. Nice thing about Drake is that he can play either side.

Old
02-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Hecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18

is Shastlivy under contract for next year or will he be a RFA? Is he a sniper??

Old
02-04-2004, 12:03 PM
petrobruin

Mayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by future consideration
If Buffalo has a good shot for the playoffs they'd prob be interested in either Drake or Mayers. Nice thing about Drake is that he can play either side.

Whats Mayers contract status?

Thanks in advance

Petr

Old
02-04-2004, 12:09 PM
officeglen

Ottawa could use Drake and Mellanby in a playoff run (so of course could the Blues, so this assumes they keep falling out of the playoffs, while if the Blues beat the Oil tonight then back to trying to get Smyth & Smith & Smuth). Drake would play LW, while Mellanby could play his off wing or play RW and then switch Havlwat to the left.

For Drake and Mellanby I'd give up all the Schastlivy we have, plus a 2nd and a so-so prospect, say Alexandre Giroux. Special bonus offer if act early - all the Ruutu we have too.

Edit: Schastlivy will be a RFA next year (but not a UFA, and since he isn't setting the world on fire is easily resigned), and is a wrist shot sniper. Like many young players who haven't broken out of the shell yet, he would benefit from a change of location and coaching.

Last edited by officeglen: 02-04-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old
02-04-2004, 01:20 PM
slimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrobruin
Whats Mayers contract status?

Thanks in advance

Petr
Mayers makes $800K and is a RFA at the end of the year.

Old
02-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Nick Blue

Wow I didnt even see this thread and I just posted in the "Ottawa Gritty LW" thread that Drake would be a perfect fit there. Smart minds think alike.

Old
02-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Hecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue
Wow I didnt even see this thread and I just posted in the "Ottawa Gritty LW" thread that Drake would be a perfect fit there. Smart minds think alike.
thanks

Old
02-04-2004, 02:13 PM
PhoPhan

Dallas Drake was loved while he was in Phoenix. I don't know how much use they'd have for him, though, so I can't see them paying as much as some other teams.

Old
02-04-2004, 04:48 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Ottawa could use Drake and Mellanby in a playoff run (so of course could the Blues, so this assumes they keep falling out of the playoffs, while if the Blues beat the Oil tonight then back to trying to get Smyth & Smith & Smuth). Drake would play LW, while Mellanby could play his off wing or play RW and then switch Havlwat to the left.

For Drake and Mellanby I'd give up all the Schastlivy we have, plus a 2nd and a so-so prospect, say Alexandre Giroux. Special bonus offer if act early - all the Ruutu we have too.

Edit: Schastlivy will be a RFA next year (but not a UFA, and since he isn't setting the world on fire is easily resigned), and is a wrist shot sniper. Like many young players who haven't broken out of the shell yet, he would benefit from a change of location and coaching.
Bingo we have a winner , Drake and Mellanby would be great, Drake alone would still be great.

Regarding Shastlivy, I really think he just needs a change of scenery. He has all the tools, good skater, a rocket shot, but he just has yet to put them together on a nightly basis for Ottawa. I think the more wide-open west would suit him well, and besides you have had great luck when taking a former sen, Demitra .

Old
02-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I don't think that's enough.

Consider: Schastlivy is going on 25 years old, his scoring is way down from last year (9-10-19 in 33 GP last year vs 2-4-6 in 43 GP this year), and he's missed significant time with injury in the last two seasons prior to this one.

The Blues already have a player very much like Petr Schastlivy on the roster; his name is Sergei Varlamov. Another guy with the wheels, the size, the shot to be a significant NHL'er, but hasn't put it together.

The Sens won't get a legitimate NHL'er like Drake by offering only Schastlivy; if I offered Varlamov for a guy off the Sens' roster that would be comparable in experience and/or scoring upside to Drake (say a Fisher or a Van Allen), I'd be laughed off the board. Yet Senators' fans seem to think their Varlamov (Schastlivy) is worth a solid third-liner who scores double figures in goals every NHL season...

I'd be willing to send you Drake and Varlamov for Schastlivy, Brock Hooton, and a pick. But Drake for Schastlivy straight up is probably not going to happen.

--------------------

PrussianBlue

Old
02-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
I don't think that's enough.

Consider: Schastlivy is going on 25 years old, his scoring is way down from last year (9-10-19 in 33 GP last year vs 2-4-6 in 43 GP this year), and he's missed significant time with injury in the last two seasons prior to this one.

The Blues already have a player very much like Petr Schastlivy on the roster; his name is Sergei Varlamov. Another guy with the wheels, the size, the shot to be a significant NHL'er, but hasn't put it together.

The Sens won't get a legitimate NHL'er like Drake by offering only Schastlivy; if I offered Varlamov for a guy off the Sens' roster that would be comparable in experience and/or scoring upside to Drake (say a Fisher or a Van Allen), I'd be laughed off the board. Yet Senators' fans seem to think their Varlamov (Schastlivy) is worth a solid third-liner who scores double figures in goals every NHL season...

I'd be willing to send you Drake and Varlamov for Schastlivy, Brock Hooton, and a pick. But Drake for Schastlivy straight up is probably not going to happen.

--------------------

PrussianBlue
There is a big difference between Drake and Fisher. Fisher is an excellent young player who is still years away from his prime. Drake, while still very useful, probably has his best years behind him.

I think a prospect and a third rounder would be fair, especially given Drakes status as an impending UFA.

Closed Thread