HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

blades

Old
03-22-2008, 12:37 AM
mixedupmark

vCash: 500
blades

hey, i am looking for a new hockey stick and i was wondering what you guys would suggest for a blade. i want one that is ideal for slap shots, and i don't really know much about curves and stuff yet. i just play pick up games at the local rink and currently have a sher-wood 5030 coffey stick, which seems to work alright. i want a composite though! with nike bauer i was looking at the gagne blade, but other brands don't explain their blades as well so i don't know what to get. i was looking at easton, and thinking an iginla blade would be good? thanks

mixedupmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 01:25 AM
BlackAces
Play Your Game

the straighter the blade is the better for slap shots but makes you wrist/snap shots harder to rise. One other thing you should kow is that most companies use the same blade patterns but just put a differnt players name on it. If your looking for an Easton blade go with Iginla or Sakic because you can get really nice rising slappers with the blades and still be able to get off a wrister or snap shot and if you want a Nikebauer a Naslund is the same as Sakic and I think a Lindros is the Iginla blade but im not sure...

BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 12:25 PM
mixedupmark

interesting. thanks for the post. i was thinking a more curved blade that's kind of flared at the toe was better. at least i was still looking at the right easton blade anyway. lol, i wish there was a universal number for blades that every brand used so people like me wouldn't have to guess and compare and ask people what to get...maybe they do, but not from what i've experienced. thanks again

mixedupmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 02:14 PM
UserName

easton lidstrom, wicked wristers. the perfect shooters pattern.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 04:58 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Certain curves do make certain things easier -- but don't get the impression that it's impossible to do X shot if you use Y blade. Give me any reasonable curve a good solid hour of shooting and you can figure one out.

I think more important than the curve is that you're getting the correct lie on your blade. Especially if you're going to buy a one-piece.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote