HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does anyone think......

Old
03-22-2008, 10:46 PM
sickboy35

vCash: 500
Does anyone think......

we should have kept dupuis? the guy is a pretty good talent and what did we get in return? i know bourette was one of the players we got, was their others? having a brain fart and don't remember?

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
we should have kept dupuis? the guy is a pretty good talent and what did we get in return? i know bourette was one of the players we got, was their others? having a brain fart and don't remember?
I've thought of the same thing, however seems to me he played very well (in comparison to his brief stint as a ranger) in atlanta, and I have yet to notice him @ pitt.... don't think he would have done much better with our club than when we had him. atleast with getting adjusted to ny, or our system.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
The only player we got in return was Bourret. He was lights on last season for the Wolf Pack but has had a down season due to injuries. He's out with another concussion right now (I believe that's what the injury is). He always plays with a lot of energy throwing big hits around. He hasn't been the scorer that he was last year though.

I don't think Dupuis should have been kept. Seemed like a good move at the time and still does.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 11:00 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Bourret might end up not working out for us but that's just a trade you can't turn down. He's a great prospect who's just had a bad year this season (injuries, concussions). Dupuis was gonna be a UFA and while I liked what I saw of him in the few games he played with us, there was no indication he'd be resigning with us. Most of his points have come in some 7 goal routes so no big deal. Sjostrom has similar numbers (62gm: 12-9-21 avg TOI 12:42) to Dupuis (72gm: 11-13-24 avg TOI 15:15) this year and is 4 years younger so I think I'm much happier with Freddie. We just need to get him more ice time. and it's not like Bourret is a bust. He'll need some time but bounce back.

I believe the trade was Dupuis + our 3rd for Bourret.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 11:24 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Bourret might end up not working out for us but that's just a trade you can't turn down. He's a great prospect who's just had a bad year this season (injuries, concussions). Dupuis was gonna be a UFA and while I liked what I saw of him in the few games he played with us, there was no indication he'd be resigning with us. Most of his points have come in some 7 goal routes so no big deal. Sjostrom has similar numbers (62gm: 12-9-21 avg TOI 12:42) to Dupuis (72gm: 11-13-24 avg TOI 15:15) this year and is 4 years younger so I think I'm much happier with Freddie. We just need to get him more ice time. and it's not like Bourret is a bust. He'll need some time but bounce back.

Agreed. Even if he doesn't work out here, he wasn't even two years removed from being a first round pick..you have to take a chance. Worst case scenario is that he doesn't work out and he gets traded. It happens.

Dupuis was decent when he was here, but nothing spectacular. And besides, I don't know if he even makes the lineup here. Where would he play?

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
yeah, considering we gave up Montoya to get the new Dupuis. say what you want about Montoya, he's much greater than Bourret at this stage.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 11:44 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post

totally agree with sjostrom, he's got a much higher upside, but it think dupuis is a pretty descent player, although at this juncture he would have been riding the pine so getting rid of him was beneficial to both parties. i just hope bourret makes a come back next season so it can look like a great trade for us!

Old
03-22-2008, 11:45 PM
dank

zero thought about re-doing the trade..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:10 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
zero thought about re-doing the trade..
there's a reason dupuis keeps getting traded

i mean don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player, but they're a dime a dozen

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:18 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

the trade had to be made bourret is having a down year and is having injury troubles but as dontstaal says players like dupuis are a dime a dozen.

you never know bourret could be one of those players that when called up he might hit his stride and things will start to click. fingers crossed

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

I don't know why anyone would want to re-do this trade, Dupuis had no place on this team. What top 6 winger would you have him replacing right now?

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:30 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I don't know why anyone would want to re-do this trade, Dupuis had no place on this team. What top 6 winger would you have him replacing right now?

not saying i want it done over, first off i wanted to find out who was involved in the trade and to say he is a decent player, good on pk and pp. in this line-up as was poited out from others on here we have the same player in sjostrom, with a higher upside! thats all i was asking!

Old
03-23-2008, 01:42 AM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I've thought of the same thing, however seems to me he played very well (in comparison to his brief stint as a ranger) in atlanta, and I have yet to notice him @ pitt.... don't think he would have done much better with our club than when we had him. atleast with getting adjusted to ny, or our system.
shockingly, he's gone 2-9-11 in the 10 games for the pens since coming over from atlanta. so far, he's actually been an upgrade over armstrong in most every facet on the ice.

that being said, sather got a great return for him. hard to argue against that deal from a rangers standpoint.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:25 AM
NYR Viper

good return for a player that didnt have a spot on the team.....smaller, speedy winger....hmm, does that ring a bell for anyone?........

bourret i think has the potential to be a very good nhl player if he puts his mind to it....it seems like he needs to work out more and stay healthy and he will.....

just think, if dupuis was here, either callahan or dawes wouldnt be playing right now.....ill pass on that one

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 07:41 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I did....he was one of the Pens Dubinsky was knocking around.

As for the trade, and Dupuis, first of all, he was a pending UFA, and I doubt the Rangers were going to bring him back. Dupuis is a 3rd liner, and with Straka and Callahan already on the 3rd line, Prucha fighting to get into the lineup, and a player like Sjostrom worthy of 3rd line ice time, I don't see a place or reason for keeping Dupyis.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 07:48 AM
NYR469

would you rather have dupuis on this team than dubinsky, dawes or callahan?? cause it would have been 1 of those 3 that got bumped/didn't get an opportunity with another veteran on the team.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Celestial Black

I'm fine with our current lineup and looking even more forward to our future players: AA, Cherry, Sangs.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Kendo

The trade had to be done so that we could have a future "I'm not Russian" line of Korpikoski - Dubinsky - Bourret.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Crease

The expected value of Bourret was greater than the actual value of Dupuis at the time of the trade. We won the deal, regardless of how Bourret pans out.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:33 PM
dank

plus just because he's doing well on other teams does not mean he would do well here

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:50 PM
SML

No. This team avoids frenchmen like the plague. Don't know what it is, but the last french player I remember having any sort of career of note here was Danny Cloutier. I'm sure there's no conspiracy there, but it is awfully wierd to me that Dupuis was the last one here and he lasted about 3 weeks.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
To me, it seems like he shows up whenever he plays against us... but I never felt like he was that noticeable when he played for us...

I have seen him in some other Pens games and I dont notice him as much.. could just be a biased opinion since maybe I am looking for him when they play us, but i dont think so...

I'll take my chances on Bourret instead

Last edited by Staggarelli: 03-23-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
sickboy35

alright, and i hate the 20/20 is hindsight. but one of those bite u in the a$$ trades would be the marc savard trade what did we get for him? the lundmark pick or hlavac? need that one to be clarifide? cause what ever we got was not worth it.

Old
03-23-2008, 06:18 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
alright, and i hate the 20/20 is hindsight. but one of those bite u in the a$$ trades would be the marc savard trade what did we get for him? the lundmark pick or hlavac? need that one to be clarifide? cause what ever we got was not worth it.
1999-Jun-26 Traded from New York Rangers with round 1 pick in the 1999 draft (Oleg Saprykin) to Calgary Flames for Jan Hlavac, round 1 pick in the 1999 draft (Jamie Lundmark) and round 3 pick in the 1999 draft (Craig Anderson)

i hated that trade the day we made it....

and i hate it even more now

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
ThirdEye

He's on a very productive stretch now, but I think that will end. Also, there is no guarantee that if he were here we would have seen something similar. I don't who he plays with over there, but I know Malkin and Crosby are on that team, and they are both elite playmakers.

When he was here I didn't see much in him. I didn't really care then and don't care now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote