HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Great French Hope!!!

View Poll Results: I'm most sick of hearing about...
Ian Laperriere 8 14.04%
Vincent LeCavalier 17 29.82%
Denis Gauthier 26 45.61%
Other 6 10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 11:41 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
I'm realy sick of the Gauthier rumors. Why would Calgary want to trade him? There has to be a reason why he is in Sutters Dog house, and if he isn't working for a Hard Coach like Sutter why would he work so well in Montreal?

Old
02-03-2004, 12:40 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
I'm definitely sick of hearing about Denis Gauthier. I mean, he's like Steve Begin on defense, but lacks hockey sense. How good is that for a D-man?
You're telling that from a guy that leads his team in +/- last year of the team before if my memory is good.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Medicine Twin

The Great French Hope!!!

Which player are you most sick of hearing about in trade rumours and proposals coming to Montreal?

I've been hearing these three names on Habs boards for at least the last three years, probably more. It's getting to the point where I wouldn't want these guys for a 9th rounder...

Last edited by Medicine Twin: 02-03-2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old
02-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Darz

Although I doubt any of the three names mentioned will be coming to Montreal (this year anyways), I always get kind of a kick reading the rumors. I always find it funny that when a french player is supposablely on the block the media always assumes Montreal must be involved.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:16 PM
J-D

I'm definitely sick of hearing about Denis Gauthier. I mean, he's like Steve Begin on defense, but lacks hockey sense. How good is that for a D-man?

Old
02-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Medicine Twin

I know. From what I hear Gauthier is constantly in the doghouse in Calgary. There must be a reason.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
I know. From what I hear Gauthier is constantly in the doghouse in Calgary. There must be a reason.
I often wonder if Gauthier is being asked to do too much in Calgary. Maybe he is a good 5th-6th dman asked to be a top 4 guy.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I always find it funny that when a french player is supposedly on the block the media always assumes Montreal must be involved.
Yeah, and the rest of the available players are going to the Leafs.

Old
02-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
I'm realy sick of the Gauthier rumors. Why would Calgary want to trade him? There has to be a reason why he is in Sutters Dog house, and if he isn't working for a Hard Coach like Sutter why would he work so well in Montreal?

I voted Other..because I'm sick and tired of hearing that Ribs is more important to this team then Koivu is and that Montreal should trade Koivu!

Old
02-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Rahan

Denis Gauthier, since we don't need a defenseman who is said to be lacking work ethic and hockey sense, but only hits.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:59 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
You're telling that from a guy that leads his team in +/- last year of the team before if my memory is good.
Yeah and this year he's ranked 22nd out of 25 with -6. He would have the worst +/- on our team.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:01 PM
obcd1

In fact I was much more tired of all the Cujo rumors at the beggining of the season than with the Gathier rumors right now. The worst must be the Radek Bonk rumors from Bruce Garrioch.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:05 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Denis Gauthier. Because people actually propose acquiring him so that we can deal Markov for offensive 'help', pretty sickening.

Old
02-03-2004, 10:09 PM
RE-HABS

Off topic..I didn't start this thread but it says that I did??? Is there a "glitch" or computer problem here????

Old
02-03-2004, 10:09 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I voted Other..because I'm sick and tired of hearing that Ribs is more important to this team then Koivu is and that Montreal should trade Koivu!
Exactly what I was about to post...

Old
02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Off topic..I didn't start this thread but it says that I did??? Is there a "glitch" or computer problem here????
no, unless you mean that naked woman running on my screen

Old
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1
no, unless you mean that naked woman running on my screen
I wouldn't see that as a problem! :p

Old
02-03-2004, 10:26 PM
obcd1

Quote:
I wouldn't see that as a problem! :p
I do see a problem, I only see virtual ones and not real ones
But this is a hockey board not a sentimental board lol

Old
02-04-2004, 03:36 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Where is the "all of the above" choice

For me its a toss up between Gauthier and Lappy....mostly Gauthier because it seems that there is a new post about him coming to Montreal everyday and its getting old.

Old
02-04-2004, 04:06 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Where is the "all of the above" choice

For me its a toss up between Gauthier and Lappy....mostly Gauthier because it seems that there is a new post about him coming to Montreal everyday and its getting old.
i dunno how you could say lappy really.. i mean he is exactly what the third line needs lol.. and im not french and in anyway "biased" into thinking that he's "the great french hope" as the thread puts it.. the way i see it.. all the guys mentioned will help the team in their own right if acquired in the right move and certain parts of our team are also moved or something along those lines.. (that does somehow make sense.. in my head atleast)
i think what im getting at is.. under perfect conditions, someone offers us a top 6 forward for joe juneau, we acquire lappy for, say.. a 9th round pick, then go and turn around, make a move to get vinny lecavilier for patrick traverse straightup and the bolts eat half his salary to boot.. and ummm.. gauthier takes over duties on the third pair.. and ummm.. uhh.. oh vinny plays center between koivu and ryder.. and.. umm.. uhh.. oneill comes in to play wing w/ zednick and ribs .. lol.. i need sleep dont i?!
basically if the move is right for the team, the players could benefit the system as much as they could/would hinder it if the trade wasnt the right one..

Last edited by sandman08: 02-04-2004 at 04:07 AM. Reason: wanted to add that i chose other btw :lol:
Old
02-04-2004, 12:31 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
No everybody this is what we have to do.... The Gauthier Violin has been played to death so lets just start a new thread, right now stating how gretsky is coming out of retirement and is willing to play for the Habs. Then everyman, woman and dog can write a post saying how they heard so and so saying it was on, and how AS had dinner with him, Or how that Yannic Perrault would love the move into hockey Management and apprecaite the move from the ice into an office!!! now that would be interesting just to see how many people would hit that site.. seconds thoughts its not too funny, but hey what the hell!!!

Closed Thread