Notices

Lombardi - SHP Gun?

Old
03-23-2008, 09:14 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

vCash: 500
Lombardi - SHP Gun?

I love Lombardi, he has so much speed and some nice skill as well. I notice he is your top pker and picks up shorties. What I wanted to know though is if he really looks for them. I mean is he the kind of player that tries hard to score when he is out on the pk or more the recipient of some lucky breaks. Does he dump the puck away or try to turn mistakes into scoring chances. thanks

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
He doesn't cheat up ice, his exceptional speed allows him to convert turnovers by the defensemen into good scoring chances at the other end.

Danny__K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 01:50 PM
cross16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
I love Lombardi, he has so much speed and some nice skill as well. I notice he is your top pker and picks up shorties. What I wanted to know though is if he really looks for them. I mean is he the kind of player that tries hard to score when he is out on the pk or more the recipient of some lucky breaks. Does he dump the puck away or try to turn mistakes into scoring chances. thanks
I think last year he did. He was overly aggressive at time and sometimes would cost the Flames by allowing Pks small 5-3 chances becuase he was out of position.
However, hes calmed down this year and gained some more defensive responsibility so hes not as aggressive. However, he does close watch dman and will jump is he sees an apportunity to pick of a point to point pass. but yeah, mainly what the first person said most of his opporunities come off bad passes or bouncing pucks at the blueline the dman can't handle and he'll just blow by them for a rush.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
You guys are right. He looks for shorties but he's an excellent penalty killer that doesn't shirk his coverage and responsibility. If I'm not mistaken, he has one point less than Conroy in the same amount of games and has done it with no talented linemates and little pp time.

I like Conny but I want to see him come back next year after taking a one million dollar haircut and assume Lombardi's role, while Lombo sees second line and pp minutes.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote