HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre...

Old
03-23-2008, 12:26 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
i love how we just swept boston, moved 5 points ahead of ottawa and are still in first and people are complaining about lapierre not kicking pj axelson's ass. give me a break, it was his SECOND career fight.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I like him a lot, i just wish Carbo would stop trying to turn him into a Bonk and let him be a sprakplug.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:31 PM
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
PJ didn't keep his helmet on. Max just didn't take it off.

That fight was a poor showing for Lapierre whether you like it or not.
Lapierre has been great on the 4 th so who cares if he didnt win the fight. Some of you have some kind of inferiority complex. Everytime a Canadiens player loses a fight whether its Kostopolous,Lapierre or whoever we get these nutjobs whining like their dad just got beat up by their friends dad.

Have you ever been in a hockey fight? Do you realize how hard it is to get your arms free when the other player has a good hold of your jersey?

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:34 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I laughed out loud when he couldn't handle PJ. I'd rather have Chipchura.
Chipchura is being groomed for a 3rd line center role (and maybe a 2nd line center a la Mike Fischer), whereas Lapierre is playing on the fourth line.

Chipchura can put up 40-50 points per year.

Apples and oranges really.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 01:50 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Chipchura is being groomed for a 3rd line center role (and maybe a 2nd line center a la Mike Fischer), whereas Lapierre is playing on the fourth line.

Chipchura can put up 40-50 points per year.

Apples and oranges really.

If Chipchura makes it to the NHL, I'm going to be happy. The kid lacks so many tools to be an impact guy, I'm not quite sure he's going to be a Mike Fischer.

25 points a year and a nice shutdown guy is what I would be happy to see him become.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
Lapierre has been great on the 4 th so who cares if he didnt win the fight. Some of you have some kind of inferiority complex. Everytime a Canadiens player loses a fight whether its Kostopolous,Lapierre or whoever we get these nutjobs whining like their dad just got beat up by their friends dad.

Have you ever been in a hockey fight? Do you realize how hard it is to get your arms free when the other player has a good hold of your jersey?
Yes and in those situations you sometimes have to take a punch to give a punch. Anyways, PJ was the aggressor in the fight and it was sad to watch.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
le_sean

Uh what's the problem with Lapierre dropping the gloves with PJ Axelsson? PJ is one of the best defensive forwards out there, getting him off the ice for 5 mins is pretty huge. Smart move IMO.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
If Chipchura makes it to the NHL, I'm going to be happy. The kid lacks so many tools to be an impact guy, I'm not quite sure he's going to be a Mike Fischer.

25 points a year and a nice shutdown guy is what I would be happy to see him become.
Are you ****ed?!?!!? If he makes it to the NHL???? HE MADE THE NHL THIS YEAR, only reason he got sent down is the numbers game as we had too many veterans.

He just turned 22 and was on pace to get 25 points in his ROOKIE year. He has what it takes to become a 40-50 point shutdown center
and the only thing he lacks right now is he isn't the fastest skater. What are these "tools" that he lacks to be an impact guy?

Old
03-23-2008, 02:09 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
Are you ****ed?!?!!? If he makes it to the NHL???? HE MADE THE NHL THIS YEAR, only reason he got sent down is the numbers game as we had too many veterans.

He just turned 22 and was on pace to get 25 points in his ROOKIE year. He has what it takes to become a 40-50 point shutdown center
and the only thing he lacks right now is he isn't the fastest skater. What are these "tools" that he lacks to be an impact guy?
Oh c'mon. The guy can't even get 40 points in the AHL.

Old
03-23-2008, 02:09 PM
znk

He's played great the last month. What's with you people?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:

Of course one poster who disagrees with your asessment of one of our prospects must be totally ****ed?!?!!?...

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:12 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Of course one poster who disagrees with your asessment of one of our prospects must be totally ****ed?!?!!?...
Go read the Higgins breakaway thread too...

Old
03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Blackshad

He's my favorite player!

Blackshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Oh c'mon. The guy can't even get 40 points in the AHL.
Yeah pretty easy to get 40 points when you play with guys like Jonathan Ferland....

Old
03-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I think Lapierre is fine for the 4th line. He's only going to get better. He does need to learn to not pick his battles but all that will come with experience. He's really not a fighter anyway he's a pest and does a good job.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:16 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Yeah pretty easy to get 40 points when you play with guys like Jonathan Ferland....
Said Ferland got as close to getting those 40 points as Chipchura did...

Old
03-23-2008, 02:16 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I think Lapierre is fine for the 4th line. He's only going to get better. He does need to learn to not pick his battles but all that will come with experience. He's really not a fighter anyway he's a pest and does a good job.
Exactly. He's been playing great the last month and people are upset he didn't win a fight.

Old
03-23-2008, 02:17 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Said Ferland got as close to getting those 40 points as Chipchura did...
Chipchura 17 points in AHL + 12 points in NHL = 29 points
Ferland 27 points in AHL

Chipchura 29 points vs Ferland 27 points...

Old
03-23-2008, 02:22 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Chipchura 17 points in AHL + 12 points in NHL = 29 points
Ferland 27 points in AHL

Chipchura 29 points vs Ferland 27 points...
2006-2007

Chipchura 80 12 27 39
Ferland 78 23 14 37

Old
03-23-2008, 02:25 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
2006-2007

Chipchura 80 12 27 39
Ferland 78 23 14 37
Chipchura's rookie year. Look at players like Plekanec man, he got a career high 66 points in the AHL and this year he will beat that total in the NHL. Some players are able to elevate their game in the NHL and Chips is being wasted in the AHL right now playing with career AHL players with minimal skill.

Old
03-23-2008, 02:28 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
+1... the guy hits and gives it 110% every shift. he is not the most skilled guy but he has great speed and is always throwing his weight around, one complaint i had about him before was his lack of sticking up for his teammates and he has even begun to do that now. He's better suited for the wing but he's doing a great job on the 4th line right now and hes only 22, give him a break.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
But i gotta say, he has never been and never will be as good as Steve Begin was at his peak and i gotta say yesterday for the first time in 2 years, i saw a bit of the old Begin. Begin was on a mission to replace Komisarek, he was hitting like a truck and dropped the gloves, i was really impressed ! I hope he can keep it up during the playoff.
I love Begin and I thought he played awesome last night, but I fear if he keeps it up, he'll be joining Komi on the injury report in no time.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:32 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I love Begin and I thought he played awesome last night, but I fear if he keeps it up, he'll be joining Komi on the injury report in no time.
I feel the same way, his last couple of games when he has been healthy he has been simply awesome. He's been hitting everything and great on the PK. We need a healthy Begin for the playoffs so hopefully he doesn't get hurt by then.

Old
03-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
What the hell he's been awesome lately. I recall a few times in the third period where he single handedly killed 1 minute by keeping the puck along the boards. I love his board play and his speed. He puts up 7 goals in 47 games and is an evolving disturber. I don't know why some people hate him so much.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 02:38 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Chipchura's rookie year. Look at players like Plekanec man, he got a career high 66 points in the AHL and this year he will beat that total in the NHL. Some players are able to elevate their game in the NHL and Chips is being wasted in the AHL right now playing with career AHL players with minimal skill.
Chipchura has to learn how to play a complete game before he can progress to NHL permanently. Plekanec's is very skilled offensively and despite his smallish stature he is one of the best defensive players in the league. How did he become the two way player he is despite not being a big hitter and not having a huge down low presence? The answer to that lies mostly in his supreme agility, acceleration, and stick checking.

Now Chipchura definately does not have oodles of offensive talent so in order to niche himself a spot in the NHL he needs to be great defensively. Now the problem is that he's an average skater who has shown zero desire in his stint in Montreal to play a gritty and physical game. There's zero excuse for lack of grit and physicality when you're a player like Chipchura and 6'2 205 to boot.

Chipchura's offensive potential in Montreal is negligible but if he wants to make a career for himself he needs to get his act together and start playing with some wreckless abandon or else it was a waste of a first rounder.

Old
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Guys, you are so weird.

Lappiere does an excellent job as 4th liner. I don't understand why some bash on him. Don't expect 30 goals - 20 assists from him. He's a pest and in playoffs, he'll be better.
I totally agree with you. I dont know what ppl expect out of him. He's a 4th liner and he does his job perfectly.

The people who bash him obviously don't understand hockey because they don't understand the role of a 4th liner.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote