HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre...

Old
03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I agree with the bashing on players and some getting passed over, but your so wrong in thinking Lapierre is better than Chipchura. Chip plays a different game, he isn't a pest type of player. Chip is a checking centre with leadership qualities and has some offensive upside as well. Maturity and experience is all Chip needs, he'll be a fulltimer next season and will be playing ahead of Lappy and getting the icetime on the PK, checking the other teams top centre and being a Hab for many years to come. Players like Lappy are a dime a dozen that we have and every other organization have in their system, players like Chip are special because they are in the same mold of Carbonneau and Gainey because of their strong two way play and leadership.

You started off wrong, had to be said and pointed out.
You're talking about what Chipchura can become....not what he is now. Right now Lapierre is more usefull to the team. There is so much hype arround Chipchura it's amazing. People seem to forget he was struggling defensivly and in the faceoff circle when he was sent down.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
OMG........................we are so lucky to have both Chips and Laps............Other teams in this league would take these guys anyday of the week.
Not so sure of that. What am I sure of is that Chipchura will be the better NHLer.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Kaptain Bégin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever View Post
Can anyone tell me why do we keep this bozo in our team? I mean c'mon, dropping the gloves vs P.J. Axelsson....

And he never does anything special....

Oh well,

Any fans of Lapierre in here? Just curious...
Yeah,I'm a fan of Lapierre, but I think he must keep his glove and shut his mouth.

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 10:33 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Bégin View Post
Yeah,I'm a fan of Lapierre, but I think he must keep his glove and shut his mouth.
I agree with "keep his gloves"
Totlay disagree about "shut his mouth"

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
what i don't like this year is for the most part he is keeping his mouth shut.

what made him effective in his rookie year was yapping and chippy play.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:31 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
if he did that, he wouldnt have a job in the NHL.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I might be in the minority here but I like what Lapierre brings to the team. He's a perfect 4th line player for us right now.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Maxpac

I LOVE Max Lappierre, no noe on the team gives a bigger effort then him, he's always pushing it to the max. The problem with him imo is that he takes on a too big role playing center, next year he'l probably be Kyle Chipchura's right wing and those will become a top 5 defensive duo, at wing he'l be able to play along the boards and will feel more comftorbale laying hits since chipchura plays very safely so that the Habs don't get out numbered in the D zone.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Avim86

Lapierre > Smolinski , Dandenault , Kostopoulos (thought I don't doubt that he brings a lot to the locker room and he stands up for his teamates see the black eye and a random cell in the tampa bay area )

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I might be in the minority here but I like what Lapierre brings to the team. He's a perfect 4th line player for us right now.
It would be sad if that were true (Lap love being minority). Lapierre's contributions never get ignored by me. I love watching Lap's on the ice. He brings a lot of little things. He's also very young. People were just too obsessed with him being a pest last season that they don't care if his game has progressed since then, they just want him to be a pest so they can celebrate a pest like other teams do (By the way, all of those teams have crappier records than us. Good things a pest does...)

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 07:44 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I agree that he's fine in energy situations, but he has to improve things like zone coverage. I could care less about his offensive vision, but there's no excuse for a guy in his role to cover 'air' in the zone.

I thought that Lucic passed by him on Saturday, setting up a goal and Lapierre gave him the bullfighter's ole. You can't do that in his position.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Puckhead58*

Lapierre is awesome for what he is.....a 4th line player who provides a lot of energy and hustle and is a complete pest to the other team. I think he is doing a terrific job and apparently the coaches agree, seeing that he is playing in Montreal instead of Hamilton.

I agree that he isn't the most highly skilled centerman on the team and he's not going to score you a ton of goals or put up a lot of points at this point in his career, but the guy goes out and plays hard and plays with a lot of grit and that is something that we don't have a lot of....so he should play every game for that reason alone. As long as he isn't constantly making mistakes....I'm quite happy with him in the lineup.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
LesHabs66

What's wrong with Maxim Lapierre? The guy plays hard every shift and skates pretty darned well. What do you people want for a 4th liner? He isn't going to be Kovalev or a fighter but does a good job of forechecking, skating very hard and being a pest. Would anyone posting on this board have stones to fight PJ or any other NHLer? I doubt it. The Habs are a few games away from owning their division and people are going Don Cherry on Lapierre because of his visor and the fact that he isn't a Neanderthal thug...sheesh! Just be happy that the Habs have done a 180 degree turn from the disaster of last season and have a chance to be the #1 seed in the East.

Cripes...let's just beat the Sens tonight and edge closer to 100+ points. Go Habs and Go Lapierre despite the lack of respect.

LesHabs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Joe Cole

He has a lot to learn. He is on a good path.

To those who say he is effective and intense on every shift, I think that is wishful thinking. He may evolve into that, but for now, he is a project.

He cannot yet make ANY decisions with the puck at the NHL pace and his toughness is so far... very selective.

Dropping the gloves twice this season is a step in the right direction. His targets have to get more worthwhile.

Again, it is a step in the right direction, even if dropping against Axelson (and not throwing 1 punch) is not exactly saving his team from getting swatted around.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
He has a lot to learn. He is on a good path.

To those who say he is effective and intense on every shift, I think that is wishful thinking. He may evolve into that, but for now, he is a project.

He cannot yet make ANY decisions with the puck at the NHL pace and his toughness is so far... very selective.

Dropping the gloves twice this season is a step in the right direction. His targets have to get more worthwhile.

Again, it is a step in the right direction, even if dropping against Axelson (and not throwing 1 punch) is not exactly saving his team from getting swatted around.
Exactly, still, I accept the whole ball of wax as part of the learning curve. The only thing is, you have to be good on the defensive side of things.

Old
03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by avim86 View Post
Lapierre > Smolinski , Dandenault , Kostopoulos (thought I don't doubt that he brings a lot to the locker room and he stands up for his teamates see the black eye and a random cell in the tampa bay area )
Pretty much my thoughts.

I was kinda pissed when he was scratched but he's the kind of guy that will come back and play hard after being benched.

He doesn't have much talent but does what he can with the skills he has. I think that Chipchura should take Smoke's spot next year but Lapierre is a perfect fit on our fourth line right now.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Exactly, still, I accept the whole ball of wax as part of the learning curve. The only thing is, you have to be good on the defensive side of things.
I agree... I also blamed him for missing an assignment on the second B's goal saturday.... those seem to be the exception, not the rule with Lapierre though and thats a good thing.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Marco Corleone

Lappy is a solid player for this team.

I swear, some Habs fans are the worst fans around.

Love him one day, ready to toss him to the wolves the next.

Marco Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 11:45 AM
LyleOdelein

Carbo was an amazing bottom line forward throughout his career. If anybody can judge a third/fourth liner's value to the team and potential, it's him. He makes the line-up and icetime decisions. Carbo obviously likes what Lappy brings to the game. I don't deny that he has a lot to learn with regards to positioning and discipline, but he's improving. If Carbo, Jarvis, Muller and Gainey think he is useful, I think I'll believe them.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I agree that he's fine in energy situations, but he has to improve things like zone coverage. I could care less about his offensive vision, but there's no excuse for a guy in his role to cover 'air' in the zone.

I thought that Lucic passed by him on Saturday, setting up a goal and Lapierre gave him the bullfighter's ole. You can't do that in his position.
I agree with this post...the offence is a bonus from Lapierre, he needs to get better in his own end.

As for the whole picking his spots debate...how many NHLers don't pick their spots? Is Kostopolous picking his spots by fighting Reich and not Chara? How about Lucic who fought Matt Bradley but wouldn't go near Donald Brashear? Doesn't it make sense to only go with a guy who is in your fight "class"?

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Beffcake

i think hes one of the better bangers on the team, he gives 110% everytime he playes and scores a goal hear and there.
i love the way he plays, reminds me of a tucker type player

Beffcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Biggsy

Im a Lapierre fan i like what he does aggitates people

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
I agree with this post...the offence is a bonus from Lapierre, he needs to get better in his own end.

As for the whole picking his spots debate...how many NHLers don't pick their spots? Is Kostopolous picking his spots by fighting Reich and not Chara? How about Lucic who fought Matt Bradley but wouldn't go near Donald Brashear? Doesn't it make sense to only go with a guy who is in your fight "class"?
I do kind of believe that he doesn't have the same level of testicular fortitude that Begin has, but that's ok. When you yap a lot and don't back it up, it only becomes a problem if your teammates object to it. I don't know that to be the case, but I suspect some guys tire of the drama.

There a few verteran posters who say that my old favorite John Ferguson picked his spots. I don't argue as we tend to rememebr things thru our own team's persepctive, but you're right, most pick their spots to an extent.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Haimel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffcake View Post
i think hes one of the better bangers on the team, he gives 110% everytime he playes and scores a goal hear and there.
i love the way he plays, reminds me of a tucker type player
He may be the same typer of player than Tucker, but I'd take Tucker in my team way before Lapierre. I like Lapierre and everything but Tucker has much more offensive hability, he could play on a second line.

Haimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 02:13 PM
smack66

Quote:
he fights axellson then looks like a beat dog when thorton is talking to him. If i could read his mind it would have said" dont make eye contact he'll sense the fear" sorry but not what i want on my fourth line. If your going to talk smack you have to back it occasionally

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote