HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FLA\NAS proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2004, 01:36 PM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
FLA\NAS proposal

I ran this buy some Florida fans...

Denis Arkhipov + Robert Schnabel(or a fifth)

for

Viktor Kozlov

They get a young, big center that apparently can't get it done IN NASHVILLE and an odd-man-out d-man that can't skate...but plays a physical game when he can catch up with his man.

We get a second line center that plays well in both ends, wins faceoffs...and most of all...can score.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 01:40 PM
  #2
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
where do I sign? Seriously, they han have Schnabel and the pick if that's what it would take to get something like this done. What's the word out of Florida on this guy moving though?

Radulov for Czar* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 01:43 PM
  #3
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
I'll drive!

triggrman is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 01:44 PM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
i think that if Florida is clearly out of the playoffs at the deadline, it's feasible.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 01:49 PM
  #5
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
where do I sign? Seriously, they han have Schnabel and the pick if that's what it would take to get something like this done. What's the word out of Florida on this guy moving though?

Jonesey...ask JC what happened when he went up to high-five Mason at Tin Roof last night

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 01:55 PM
  #6
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
calling him right now

left a message, now to wait for the return call

Radulov for Czar* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:04 PM
  #7
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
That would be incredibly sweet for out team. Arkhipov may exceed elsewhere, but I have no problem with moving him......at all!

Enoch is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:52 PM
  #8
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I'd do it. We'd be adding less than 1 million in annual salary.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
  #9
biscuithead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I ran this buy some Florida fans...

Denis Arkhipov + Robert Schnabel(or a fifth)

for

Viktor Kozlov

They get a young, big center that apparently can't get it done IN NASHVILLE and an odd-man-out d-man that can't skate...but plays a physical game when he can catch up with his man.

We get a second line center that plays well in both ends, wins faceoffs...and most of all...can score.
I'll sign off on that deal.

biscuithead is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 04:13 PM
  #10
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I wonder if we could nab Huselius for relatively cheap. Both he and Arkhi are having atrocious years. We can find someone to play center, I'm sure.

Maybe a Kozlov and Huselius for Arkhipov, Schnabel and a pick?

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
  #11
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I wonder if we could nab Huselius for relatively cheap. Both he and Arkhi are having atrocious years. We can find someone to play center, I'm sure.

Maybe a Kozlov and Huselius for Arkhipov, Schnabel and a pick?

i would be shocked if we could pull that off. huselius isn't having a good year, but he's still regarded pretty highly. we'd likely have to add another player...maybe a high-ranking AHLer...Haydar, maybe?

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 05:26 PM
  #12
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
I'd like to add a Jason Krog type player to our team. Its not scoring pizz-zaz, but its a face-off winner that we really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i would be shocked if we could pull that off. huselius isn't having a good year, but he's still regarded pretty highly. we'd likely have to add another player...maybe a high-ranking AHLer...Haydar, maybe?
More than that I would think. I would bet we would have to give up one of our d-prospects......stehlik, belle, something.....

Enoch is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 05:55 PM
  #13
PantherBlood6*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Florida fan here....One thing about Kozlov is he is not good at all on faceoffs...don't know about his numbers this year, but in general he has been very poor in the circle.

Schanabel would be of no interest...we have enough marginal defensmen as is. Arkhipov is skilled, but with Jokinen Weiss Horton Nedorost down the middle, he wont really fit in the teams future.

The guys that the Preds have that I'd be interested in as a Cat fan are probably the ones they would refuse to deal...Hartnell, Hamhuis, Zidlicky...maybe Orszagh.

PantherBlood6* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 05:58 PM
  #14
PantherBlood6*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Huselius has been awful for the most part this year, but he's been improving of late...His struggles don't take away the fact that he's got the most potential offensively out of any of our forwards, so you can be sure they aren't going to deal a guy with 40-goal potential fora middle-of-the-pack prospect.

PantherBlood6* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 07:09 PM
  #15
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
Florida fan here....One thing about Kozlov is he is not good at all on faceoffs...don't know about his numbers this year, but in general he has been very poor in the circle.

Schanabel would be of no interest...we have enough marginal defensmen as is. Arkhipov is skilled, but with Jokinen Weiss Horton Nedorost down the middle, he wont really fit in the teams future.

The guys that the Preds have that I'd be interested in as a Cat fan are probably the ones they would refuse to deal...Hartnell, Hamhuis, Zidlicky...maybe Orszagh.
oh don't worry arkhi canj play wing also

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 08:08 PM
  #16
PantherBlood6*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
oh don't worry arkhi canj play wing also

same story there...With Huselius/Hagman/Nilson/Kolnik/Stewart/etc., arkhipov would be of no use really....

PantherBlood6* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 08:24 PM
  #17
WuRtZLeSs
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
You will take Arkhipov for Kozlov, and you will be happy. And that is that.

WuRtZLeSs is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 08:51 PM
  #18
PredsMan
Registered User
 
PredsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
oh don't worry arkhi canj play wing also
Arkhipov was originally drafted as a wing. When he came over to N.A., they moved him to center...mostly because of his size ans skillset.

I've long been of the idea that he needs to move back to the wing, so he doesn't have to be as mindful defensively. Maybe that would allow him to be more creative.

Something else I noticed...last year he was a -18 on the season...this season he's a +2. Maybe he's working too hard on his defensive game, and hasn't figured out how to be a 2-way guy yet...

PredsMan is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
  #19
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Murray KY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Good point pred-man...thats why I just want to hang on to him for one more year.

Basher is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:54 PM
  #20
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan
Arkhipov was originally drafted as a wing. When he came over to N.A., they moved him to center...mostly because of his size ans skillset.

I've long been of the idea that he needs to move back to the wing, so he doesn't have to be as mindful defensively. Maybe that would allow him to be more creative.

Something else I noticed...last year he was a -18 on the season...this season he's a +2. Maybe he's working too hard on his defensive game, and hasn't figured out how to be a 2-way guy yet...
I think Legwand's offense suffered so that Trotz could teach him defense. He took a different approach with Arkhipov and let him learn his defense slightly later. He is very defensively responsible and is often the first of the vowel line back. If any Dman pinches, Arkhi takes his place and does an admirable job. He's solid defensively, unfortunately, his offensive creativity is almost non-existant. Along with his confidence and his shot.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 01:36 AM
  #21
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,447
vCash: 500
how about this...

to CHI: arkhipov, haydar
to NAS: Steve Sullivan

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:34 AM
  #22
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Love it. Sullivan would be a perfect fit here.

triggrman is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:56 AM
  #23
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Love it. Sullivan would be a perfect fit here.
ditto that. We'd only be adding around 700,000 in terms of payroll for this season.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.