HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: 3/24/08 Ottawa @ Montreal 7:30PM EDT RDS (HD), SNET-E

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
What fans do or say on a message board has absolutely no impact on the outcome of a game.
I trashed Gerber last game and he shut us out. I'll beg to differ.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:18 PM
ari1160

am not even going to bother and go read the sens board.
MUST WIN.
GO HABS GO. time to show the PIZZA line who is his Daddy.

GO GO

Old
03-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I hope we're a bit more hungry tonight and first on the puck

Go Habs Go

Old
03-24-2008, 12:26 PM
LilWinger11

Photoshop time!

Old
03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
bipolarhabfan

Go Habs Go!!!

A win tonight would be huge for the Habs. It will be a confidence boost thats for sure.

IF the Habs want to win they have to control and contain the Spezza line. They do that they win. Should be a good one tonight.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Go Habs Go88

Lets just pick up the 2 points clinch the playoffs and have a stranglehold on the division. A nice early goal will deflate Ottawa. It would be great considering we have some rest coming up for a few days.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-24-2008, 12:47 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
And for the love of God, don't go trolling on their board because of their sarcasm crap, let them be the ones who act like morons. Stay here and discuss the actual game.
plus one

Old
03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Ross MacLochness

Gerber is going to be so far up **** creek tonight...

Oh you better believe it.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:52 PM

I see Murray is dressing McGrattan as per TSN...IIRC, he hasn't really played McGrattan vs. the Habs the past few matchups?

I've been thinking about whether or not Murray would dress him, and as I suspected, he is. That's typical Murray really...expect the Sens to really try to intimidate and forecheck very agressively when our defense is handling the puck, Price is gonna see alot of traffic...

Habs just have to be decisive in their puck moving/passing and they should be able to exploit Ottawa's not-so-mobile defense.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Lions I tell you, we are lions.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Mue

7 points up on the Sens would be nice this late in the season.

Fingers crossed.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:57 PM
ToysInTheAttic

GO HABS GO

I'm so looking forward to this game tonight.

Old
03-24-2008, 12:57 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I see Murray is dressing McGrattan as per TSN...IIRC, he hasn't really played McGrattan vs. the Habs the past few matchups?

I've been thinking about whether or not Murray would dress him, and as I suspected, he is. That's typical Murray really...expect the Sens to really try to intimidate and forecheck very agressively when our defense is handling the puck, Price is gonna see alot of traffic...

Habs just have to be decisive in their puck moving/passing and they should be able to exploit Ottawa's not-so-mobile defense.
The key is to not respect Alfie, Spezza or Heatley in the hitting department. If their numbers are facing you? Let up but still take them into the boards. Hit them at every oppurtunity, give their legs little jabs when there's a battle on the boards. Trash talk them, get them focused on the physical battle and not the skilled end of the game.

We've gotta make chip plays off the boards and use our speed to get in and create havoc on their defence. IMO Ottawa will be standing up at the blue-line to not let players like Koivu, Kovalev and the Kostitsyns to carry the puck in.

Shoot a lot at Gerber. Look for him to let in a soft goal, get bodies in front of him and frustrate him early. If we get the first goal, the dynamic of the game will change. Ottawa is going to sit and wait for our mistakes like they did last game so we have to be responsible, disciplined and try to goad them into penalties by utilizing our speed.

Old
03-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

In the 1970-71 season the Bruins dominated and humiliated the Habs but in the 1971playoffs the Habs rose to the occasion and, with Ken Dryden in goal, upset the Bruins in the first round. Of course it's virtually impossible for the Habs and Senators to meet in the first round in 2008 because one or the other will win the division title. Anyway, I'd be content to have Price face Gerber if they meet in a later round.

Old
03-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Avim86

Going to the game tonight I really hope we will get a positive outcome first game for me this season. I hope it will be a well played game by 2 skilled teams , none the less GO HABS GO.

Old
03-24-2008, 01:36 PM
number 11

for the love of the rocket, will someone please just deck spezza and crack that stupid smirk off his face already!

5-2 habs!

Old
03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
for the love of the rocket, will someone please just deck spezza and crack that stupid smirk off his face already!

5-2 habs!
That smirk is something I also detest. When he is talking in an interview, I just want to pummel him. A strategic Kovy elbow would do however.

Old
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
That smirk is something I also detest. When he is talking in an interview, I just want to pummel him. A strategic Kovy elbow would do however.
That's called moral victory, and that is for the Bruins...not the Habs...for the Bruins...
However I agree that he is annoying.

Old
03-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Just like the Bruins were getting better playing against us, we are getting better playing them. We win by a small margin tonight (3-2) and by a bigger one the next game!

Old
03-24-2008, 02:05 PM
brownman*

As long as the Habs don't treat them like it's an exhibition that sees the Sens as an alumni team featuring the likes of Orr and Richard, they should be alright, Komisarek or no Komisarek.

Old
03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
MM425

I think the guys know how important this game is and will definately be up for it.

- A win and the Habs all but lock up the divison title (7 point lead with 6 games remaining for Ottawa), and a favorable 1st round playoff matchup
- The Ottawa dominance over the Habs is really the only thing they haven't over-come all season

The way I see it is New Jersey has owned us just as badly over the past few seasons and we over-came that. No reason why we can't do it to the Sens.

GO HABS GO!

Old
03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The key is to not respect Alfie, Spezza or Heatley in the hitting department. If their numbers are facing you? Let up but still take them into the boards. Hit them at every oppurtunity, give their legs little jabs when there's a battle on the boards. Trash talk them, get them focused on the physical battle and not the skilled end of the game.

We've gotta make chip plays off the boards and use our speed to get in and create havoc on their defence. IMO Ottawa will be standing up at the blue-line to not let players like Koivu, Kovalev and the Kostitsyns to carry the puck in.

Shoot a lot at Gerber. Look for him to let in a soft goal, get bodies in front of him and frustrate him early. If we get the first goal, the dynamic of the game will change. Ottawa is going to sit and wait for our mistakes like they did last game so we have to be responsible, disciplined and try to goad them into penalties by utilizing our speed.
Paging Steve Begin. He respects no one. I wish we had an entire fourth line of Begins.. Go Habs.

Old
03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
roy munson

I just couldn't resist and went to the "other" GDT...

What's wrong with these children?!? 99% of their thread is about insults and sarcasm. This is by far the most condescending, arrogant, pretentious fanbase at least on these boards. Are they aware they are 5th, closer to the 6th than the 4th?!? Do they know if they lost only two of their best players for a season they'd be in serious serious trouble?

And WE are the annoying ones... geez!

Old
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

we got to get our mojo going. Everyone on the habs and their fans should groove to this

Old
03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
I just couldn't resist and went to the "other" GDT...

What's wrong with these children?!? 99% of their thread is about insults and sarcasm. This is by far the most condescending, arrogant, pretentious fanbase at least on these boards. Are they aware they are 5th, closer to the 6th than the 4th?!? Do they know if they lost only two of their best players for a season they'd be in serious serious trouble?

And WE are the annoying ones... geez!
This is why Ottawa is the team I hate the most, way more then Toronto. I mean, this summer, some fans would go as far as saying Fisher was better then any player on Montreal team...

They are set up to fall from high

Closed Thread