HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: 3/24/08 Ottawa @ Montreal 7:30PM EDT RDS (HD), SNET-E

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
wow... 1262 posts, and counting..

Bad 3rd period. Amazing 1st and 2nd period. can't wait for the next Ottawa/Montreal game, it's gonna rock!!!

Old
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
V-2 Schneider

The complaining after a win here is tedious.You'd think all the naysayers could lace it up themselves and show those idiot players how it's really done, and that bloody Carbo is a tool! A tool!

Nice win to clinch a playoff berth, btw.Yeah, we won.Fancy that.

Old
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I thought Smolinski played pretty good, but not good enough to warrant 16:02 in ice time.

No way Carbonneau is putting his 4th line against Ottawa's 1st, next game.....I hope.
The line was amazing until it was thrust into a shutdown role.

It's a grind line. Did amazing as exactly that.

Old
03-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Brass

Ohh its kinda sad on the Grabs goal you see skos goes to his bro before the lonely grabovski lol

Old
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Players are not blameless, but either is the guy who keeps throwing out his 4th line again and again against Ottawa's top line....they are not a shutdown line.
I'm with you, I thought Carbo totally mishandled that 3rd period and it almost cost him the game. It is one think to layoff and protect the lead...but you ahve to play still. The puck was in Montreal's end 99% of the 3rd, we were losing all battles on the boards, taking bad penalties and collapsing in front of our goalie. I would rather see Montreal keep rolling the lines and playing hockey, not the trap. We are up 7-1, let the players like Grabs, Kosty Jr., Ryder and others like Lappy and Begin take advantage of the icetime and let the players like Kovy and his linemates rest up.

That game was nice to watch, but the 3rd period made you forget about the first two periods and Price was pissed at his players in front of him too.

Old
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Exactly. You have answered your question yourself. It is not often that we lead by 6 goals coming into third and if we didn't tonight, what do you think would've happened with the Senators scoring four unanswered goals in the final 20 minutes?

I'm not just looking at this as "another two points", because it would be foolish to do so with playoffs coming soon. This is about how well this team will fare against its opposition in the post season and there are several key qualities that I would like to see.

Tonight I did not hence you can colour me disappointed.
Well I can't say I'm happy with the third but I am happy with the result. Ottawa opened it up and took some chances, in a closer game we would have returned the favour and pressed the offence. With such a big lead we just dumped, peeled back and waited for them to rush again. Thing is, once we let them run around our zone, we started taking penalties. I think that third period is the exception, not the rule. We haven't lost any games like that this year (and we didn't lose this one either) so hopefully the boys take away a lesson and try not to relax next time.

Old
03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

It's an amazing season so far, can't wait for the playoffs

As for the game tonight I'm really glad the team showed up like they did in the first two periods, but I believe the main reason why we had such a bad 3rd period was because Smolinski's line was facing Spezza's line. In the first 2 periods I recall seeing Kovy's line constantly facing Spezza's and it worked really well. Anyways, we should celebrate because we have one heck of a great team this year.

PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!!!

Old
03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

The way the Habs played in the third period drained away almost all the pleasure I was feeling about turning the tables on a team that had been tormenting the Habs all season long. Fortunately the Habs took 2 points and the Sens had 0. As a bonus, the Penguins lost to the Isles. Who would have expected that? Now the Habs have a real lead that can't be wiped out by the other teams winning their games in hand. The play that pleased me the most was the shortie by Kotsopoulos. I think he's better as a penalty killer than as part of a shutdown line. I have to agrre with the broadcasters who consider Lapierre to be chicken. On Saturday I half expected him to scratch Axelsson and pull his hair.

Old
03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The way the Habs played in the third period drained away almost all the pleasure I was feeling about turning the tables on a team that had been tormenting the Habs all season long. Fortunately the Habs took 2 points and the Sens had 0. As a bonus, the Penguins lost to the Isles. Who would have expected that? Now the Habs have a real lead that can't be wiped out by the other teams winning their games in hand. The play that pleased me the most was the shortie by Kotsopoulos. I think he's better as a penalty killer than as part of a shutdown line. I have to agrre with the broadcasters who consider Lapierre to be chicken. On Saturday I half expected him to scratch Axelsson and pull his hair.
Chicken? Nah. I actually thinks it takes a lot of guts to continually be a pest while not fighting. He's simply not a fighter. Would anyone ask him to go against the Brashears and the Laracques? That would be murder.

Old
03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
ChaseMe

Funniest thing of the game was the couple making out behind Brian Murray during the Sens 3rd period timeout. I was dying watching this.

Old
03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
peicurler91

Lapierre was a great fighter in the QMJHL, however that is close to 4 leagues below the NHL, give him a few years when he will be able to fight and win

Old
03-25-2008, 09:14 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
wow... 1262 posts, and counting..

Bad 3rd period. Amazing 1st and 2nd period. can't wait for the next Ottawa/Montreal game, it's gonna rock!!!
That suprises you?

We have a 3 page thread on Carbos tie.

Old
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
peicurler91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
7-1

Is Spezza still smiling like a retard?
that was a stupid question, he always smiles like that, did you see him after they lost the finals last year?

Closed Thread