HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yay!!! (Prucha returns...)

Old
03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I would absolutely love to see Mara on the PP, he can shot, and he can score. Down side, I don't think it will be very nice not to have Roszival out there.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
I would love to see Prucha step up and become a regular scoring force on this team......
I would love to see any player step up and become a regular scoring force on this team...

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Good luck Pru, minimize turn overs and shoot the puck! With any luck renney will at least try you on the power play.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 05:52 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

I liked his fire last night, he played a good game along the boards, and even tried to fight someone who was taking shots at Hank after the whistle.

Fire in the belly baby , Fire in the belly!!!

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
I liked his fire last night, he played a good game along the boards, and even tried to fight someone who was taking shots at Hank after the whistle.

Fire in the belly baby , Fire in the belly!!!

It's good to have our enforcers out there clearing the net. Why is it that one of the smallest guy's on our team is tougher than Malik? Go Pruchs BTW.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Celestial Black

Pru was being manhandled like a japanese school girl.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 08:58 AM
DontStepanMe

While I applaud Pruchs on sticking up for his teammates he was for the most part invisible again in the offensive zone. about 12:30 of playing time and not 1 shot on goal, nor did he really get anything else going offensively. I know it was only his first game back but still, it just doesn't seem he will ever be that effective again.

Just look at how well Cally played, and Dawes has played and it is apparant that Pruchs just doesn't fit on this team for next season. We can't afford to have 5 or 6 forwards all under 6ft tall. We need to get a little more size. As of right now we already have Avery, Dawes, Cally, Gomez, Drury who are small forwards and all add more to this team than Pruchs w/ Dawes and Cally making less than Pruchs.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 09:12 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
While I applaud Pruchs on sticking up for his teammates he was for the most part invisible again in the offensive zone. about 12:30 of playing time and not 1 shot on goal, nor did he really get anything else going offensively. I know it was only his first game back but still, it just doesn't seem he will ever be that effective again.

Just look at how well Cally played, and Dawes has played and it is apparant that Pruchs just doesn't fit on this team for next season. We can't afford to have 5 or 6 forwards all under 6ft tall. We need to get a little more size. As of right now we already have Avery, Dawes, Cally, Gomez, Drury who are small forwards and all add more to this team than Pruchs w/ Dawes and Cally making less than Pruchs.
I don't remember what period it was in but Prucha definitely made a nice offensive play around the Flyers net where he got a pas out front to an open player who missed it and Prucha definitely played a strong game outside of the offense imo. Who says we don't need him next season? I think we do in all honesty.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 09:26 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I don't remember what period it was in but Prucha definitely made a nice offensive play around the Flyers net where he got a pas out front to an open player who missed it and Prucha definitely played a strong game outside of the offense imo. Who says we don't need him next season? I think we do in all honesty.
he had the nice wrap around but either threw the puck into a space where nobody was, or just lost control of it. He was decent defensively but he was by far the worst forward on his line.

It's funny people always say this team is too small, and we need bigger players. But people go crazy to defend prucha who is our worst under 6 ft forward. People ccan't have it both ways. Our under 6ft squad IMO of best to worst. Gomez, Drury, Avery, Dawes, Cally, Prucha. Now at least 4 of those players will be back next year. Gomez, Drury Dawes and Cally. Avery should be back and I think that he will.

so out of the top 9 forwards we currently have 5 of them being under 6ft tall. W/ only Dubinsky playing a w/ any type of hitting abilty. But yet most people defend prucha to death, while still saying we need to get bigger and have big bodies in front of the net. w/ Prucha in the top 6 next year that will leave only 3 open spots for players over 6 ft tall. 1 is dubi who plays to his size, Jagr i think will be back but he isn't the greatest hitter in the world.

That leaves space for 1 other person who can be big, and stand in front of the net. Anisimov, Byers. Korp definitately won't fit the bill.

Oh yeah also forgot about Sjostrom who I am not sure where he fits in the plans. either 3rd or 4th line.

There really isn't room for a guy who makes $1.6 mil and doesn't add that much to the team. Plus the team will remain small w/ him in the lineup. So again I ask Where is there room for him in the lineup and room for the Rangers to add some size? he does not fit on this squad for next year and should be traded for whatever we can get for him.

Old
03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Ovens

Yeah, his stats are horrible, Dawes and Cally or absolute locks on the team, their stats are incredible, Prucha has only scored 59 goals over 3 seasons whilst Ryan and Nigel have sc..., oh wait, why are they locks again?

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
he had the nice wrap around but either threw the puck into a space where nobody was, or just lost control of it. He was decent defensively but he was by far the worst forward on his line.

It's funny people always say this team is too small, and we need bigger players. But people go crazy to defend prucha who is our worst under 6 ft forward. People ccan't have it both ways. Our under 6ft squad IMO of best to worst. Gomez, Drury, Avery, Dawes, Cally, Prucha. Now at least 4 of those players will be back next year. Gomez, Drury Dawes and Cally. Avery should be back and I think that he will.

so out of the top 9 forwards we currently have 5 of them being under 6ft tall. W/ only Dubinsky playing a w/ any type of hitting abilty. But yet most people defend prucha to death, while still saying we need to get bigger and have big bodies in front of the net. w/ Prucha in the top 6 next year that will leave only 3 open spots for players over 6 ft tall. 1 is dubi who plays to his size, Jagr i think will be back but he isn't the greatest hitter in the world.

That leaves space for 1 other person who can be big, and stand in front of the net. Anisimov, Byers. Korp definitately won't fit the bill.

Oh yeah also forgot about Sjostrom who I am not sure where he fits in the plans. either 3rd or 4th line.

There really isn't room for a guy who makes $1.6 mil and doesn't add that much to the team. Plus the team will remain small w/ him in the lineup. So again I ask Where is there room for him in the lineup and room for the Rangers to add some size? he does not fit on this squad for next year and should be traded for whatever we can get for him.
I hear you. You bring up some excellent points. I think that Prucha's best play was when he played with Jagr, which clearly helps. Right now, Jagr is best suited to play with Dubinsky and Avery, so there is no room for Prucha on that line.

I also agree that we need to get a bit bigger. Yes, the league now is not as physical as it used to be, but still. We could definitely use a guy like Anisimov and I've noticed that Cherepanov is much stronger than Prucha, and a bit bigger.

So to me, the only way we would want to keep Prucha is if we let go of Shany and Straka, which would be great, but I doubt we'll get rid of both. If we only get rid of Shany, then that opens up room for only one of Anisimov or Cherepanov. Considering I'd like both to play next season as rookies...we might as well get rid of Shany and Prucha...but again, I think getting rid of Shany and Straka would be better since Prucha is younger than Straka(who is 35).

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens View Post
Yeah, his stats are horrible, Dawes and Cally or absolute locks on the team, their stats are incredible, Prucha has only scored 59 goals over 3 seasons whilst Ryan and Nigel have sc..., oh wait, why are they locks again?
Because they do more and are better players than Prucha.

Look at what Petr Prucha for what he is, not what he was or what we want him to be.

03-26-2008, 10:00 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens View Post
First off stop using Prucha's rookie season. Orr could have potted 20 goals being on the pp w/ Jagr. Prucha's scoring was purely because Jagr was a beast and routinely required double and triple teams leaving Pruchs wide open for easy feeds and rebounds.

But for a stat person: Dawes 55gp 12g 14a 26pts.
Prucha 57gp 7 g 10a 17pts.

Stats here show that Dawes is having a much better season than Prucha. But hey that's just stats. How about the fact that Dawes is a much better passer than Prucha. he creates more opportunitis than Prucha. he will end up being a decent scorer and a good set up man b/c he has some great vision. Oh yeah he can also stay on his skates unlike Prucha.

Now Cally is a different story. Prucha has better stats than Cally. But cally does the little things better than Prucha. He is better defensively, pks well, is a better checker, stays on his skates better, is better on the forecheck, better puckhandler. his passing is also slightly better. i see a mini Drury in Cally and think eventually Cally will become a leader. Don't see that in Prucha either. Also it's hard to compare their stats b/c Cally never gets any PP time, and was playing injured for a while when he shouldn't have been playing (IMO he should have been sent straight to HFD for conditioning). Since he was recalled from HFD he has been one of our best forwards.

Thirdly (?) if Prucha added more to this team than either of them than don't you think Renney would be playing him over either Dawes or Cally. Dawes and Cally both bring more bang for the buck, and serve more roles than Prucha. That is why they have a better shot of being on the team next year than Pruchs.

Old
03-26-2008, 10:03 AM
DontStepanMe

I swear some people on this board have more loyalty to Prucha than the Rangers.

I like Prucha as a person and wish he did well. But he isn't that good. I want what is best for the NY RANGERS not the NY PRUCHA's.

Old
03-26-2008, 10:05 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Cherepanov is not coming next season.

Prucha needs to put on some size. If he can add 5 or 10 pounds in the summer he'll be in pretty good shape. Otherwise he has no room on this team unfortunately.

The kid has balls of steel and heart to go with it. Unfortunately, he can't seem to put it all together anymore.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Cherepanov is not coming next season.

Prucha needs to put on some size. If he can add 5 or 10 pounds in the summer he'll be in pretty good shape. Otherwise he has no room on this team unfortunately.
The kid has balls of steel and heart to go with it. Unfortunately, he can't seem to put it all together anymore.
I never would have expected you to say that. wow im impressed.

Old
03-26-2008, 10:28 AM
squishy

Quote:
I swear some people on this board have more loyalty to Prucha than the Rangers.
Conversely Rags, you appear at times to be rooting for him to fail.

The truth is Prucha's neither as good as his fans think he is, or as bad as guys like you and Singn argue he is.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 10:36 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

The truth is Prucha's neither as good as his fans think he is, or as bad as guys like you and Singn argue he is.
I don't root for him to fail. I just don't see anything special about him at all besides him trying hard. i don't see a 20 goal a year scorer. I see a person who overachieved the first two years and took advantage of playing w/ Jagr. Prucha has had many chances and just doesn't do anything that impresses me or makes him stand out. It's for his and the teams best interests that they part ways as soon as possible, and I do hope that he has a good career going onward, but he definately has no spot on this team anymore as he has been passed up by younger and cheaper prospects.

I guess I am so hard on him as well, b/c some people on the board act as if he will magically turn into Verbeek, or Fleury. Or that he is a superstar who isn't given a proper opportuinity at all. It's not going to happen.

Old
03-26-2008, 10:48 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

I don't think Prucha is "bad". I do think he's flawed and he's more the player we've seen of late than the player we saw as a rookie. I do think the rest of the organization has caught up to him.

But I do have a problem with people treating him like he's a consistent 30 goal scorer. He's not. The same way that Radek Dvorak is not.

In the same way as I feel that a Hollweg who is not hitting adds very little to this team, a Petr Prucha who is not scoring is also adding very little the team.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I would've liked to see Prucha on the first line with Dubi and Jagr instead of Straka, but that's just me.

Prucha never performs when he is the one being forced to generate offense. Watching him try to deke through defenders on the rush last night was like watching a 12 year old boy try to run the ball through the Giants defensive line.

In my opinion, the real reason he performed well his first season, was not necessarily the constant PP time (albeit it was a factor), but the fact that he was able to sneak around into scoring positions because everyone was so preoccupied with Jagr. Prucha needs to be on a line with a legitimate offensive threat, and as much as I like Drury and Cally, neither of them are it. Neither Drury or Cally are "play makers." So what's the point of having them all together?

IF it was deemed necessary to jumble the lines (as it was last night), I'd go with:

Prucha - Dubi - Jagr
Dawes - Drury - Straka
Shanny - Avery - Callahan
Sjo - Holweg - Orr

But with the way Renney sets his lines, I'm not all that surprised he went with what he did.

Last edited by Trxjw: 03-26-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I would've liked to see Prucha on the first line with Dubi and Jagr instead of Straka, but that's just me.

Prucha never performs when he is the one being forced to generate offense. Watching him try to deke through defenders on the rush last night was like watching a 12 year old boy try to run the ball through the Giants defensive line.

In my opinion, the real reason he performed well his first season, was not necessarily the constant PP time (albeit it was a factor), but the fact that he was able to sneak around into scoring positions because everyone was so preoccupied with Jagr. Prucha needs to be on a line with a legitimate offensive threat, and as much as I like Drury and Cally, neither of them are it. Neither Drury or Cally are "play makers." So what's the point of having them all together?

IF it was deemed necessary to jumble the lines, I'd go with:

Prucha - Dubi - Jagr
Dawes - Drury - Straka
Shanny - Avery - Callahan
Sjo - Holweg - Orr

Prucha won't work there b/c he coughs up the puck to much. dubi and Jagr need another good puckhandler who is meant for a puck possesion game. Prucha isn't that type of player who can control the puck. he gets knocked off way to easily. Plus that would be the worst line defensively. Alot of turnovers and a lot of odd man rushes going the other way.

by the way is it me or does Shanny just seem to not fit in on any line at all? he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Old
03-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Prucha won't work there b/c he coughs up the puck to much. dubi and Jagr need another good puckhandler who is meant for a puck possesion game. Prucha isn't that type of player who can control the puck. he gets knocked off way to easily. Plus that would be the worst line defensively. Alot of turnovers and a lot of odd man rushes going the other way.

by the way is it me or does Shanny just seem to not fit in on any line at all? he sticks out like a sore thumb.
That's my point exactly. He needs to be with players who actually like to, and more importantly CAN handle the puck. He's not the type who can break through the D and cut to the net or make a great pass across the zone to a d-man cutting in the back door. He's a sniper. That's all he is. Get open, rip a one-timer into the net and then get off the ice. I don't think Dubi is a liability defensively, but if we're trying to get more goal production, we can't be nullifying moves just because our top line isn't also our best defensive line.

I do agree that Shanny is kind of the odd-man out. I really have no idea how he managed to put up 20+ goals this season.

Old
03-26-2008, 11:52 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That's my point exactly. He needs to be with players who actually like to, and more importantly CAN handle the puck. He's not the type who can break through the D and cut to the net or make a great pass across the zone to a d-man cutting in the back door. He's a sniper. That's all he is. Get open, rip a one-timer into the net and then get off the ice. I don't think Dubi is a liability defensively, but if we're trying to get more goal production, we can't be nullifying moves just because our top line isn't also our best defensive line.

I do agree that Shanny is kind of the odd-man out. I really have no idea how he managed to put up 20+ goals this season.
but Dubi isn't exactly the worlds greatest passer yet. he is improving but still is just avg at passing.... so basically it will all fall on Jagr again and that won't work. The first line of Straka-Dubi-Jagr looked fine last night, why change it?

Old
03-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
but Dubi isn't exactly the worlds greatest passer yet. he is improving but still is just avg at passing.... so basically it will all fall on Jagr again and that won't work. The first line of Straka-Dubi-Jagr looked fine last night, why change it?
But he's still much more effective at generating plays than Straka is IMO. I think Straka's mentality revolves too heavily around what Jagr is doing. I don't think that they performed poorly last night, but I don't think "fine" should be the word we want to use when referring to our top line. I think they could have been much better, as could be said for the rest of the team as well of course. I'm not saying Prucha is the magical solution to the first line, but I think he's a better starting point than Straka.

Old
03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Ovens

I agree that Prucha is never going to be a "great" player, I just don't understand what makes Callahan and Dawes "locks" using the same criteria...

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote