HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

OKT out - Clay Wilson in

Old
03-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Casework

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
Getting points does not equal "looking good".
Come on man, give me a break. Clay Wilson has played 2 NHL games.

I hope this kid is the real deal as much as anyone, but just take a minute and think about it:

Posters on Beech:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
He's certainly passing the puck better then any of the centers I currently see on the team. He seems to have good vision and very patient. He can certainly win some faceoffs. Is he really a diamond in the rough or are we desperate for anything that resembles a real center (sorry Feds, Peca, Malhotra, and Novotny)?

If he keeps this up, our 5-5 play and PP should improve. Hopefully he can help us get some consistant secondary scoring. I'm not expecting the world out of him, but if dropped a 40 point + average on us, I would be thrilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Based on his play over the last 4 games, I think Beech is headed for a permanent spot. I can't argue with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Crunch fan View Post
He was easily one of their more talented forwards for the time he was there. When he started the season with the Crunch he played very well, and actually surprised me as I didn't remember him being as good in his own zone as he seemed to be.

I could see him earning a 3rd/4th line spot permanently with some PP time. I think 2nd line is still a reach long term, but he may end up there some this year with the Jackets not having strong candidates other than him. I would trust him there more than Novotny at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSprague24 View Post
I think if he keeps his current performance up, he's punched his ticket to the big club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez22 View Post
I've been wondering about Beech since the call-up...... last player sent down (coaches must have liked him then) and now he's up and playing like he's part Zherdev or something.

I've seen him for four games and even I gotta admit that he SEEMS to be a good fit here. Not to take anything away from him, but that thought alone got me thinking........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I really liked the fact that someone said he's patient. This is true, and I think it's important right now, because from watching the team I think we're getting overly anxious and making sloppy passes.

I like Beech's play-making. He seems to have a good eye and a good pass right to the crease. If we put him on a line with someon who can hit a wide-open net. (Ironically the only person I've seen do that consistantly this season is Glencross, of the people he's probably be on a line with).
I don't disagree with Hitch's assessments and the evidence is right there, just look at the past two games for Wilson, but to put some tag on him already is both unfair to him and just asking for a disappointment on our end.

Note: I'm not trying to call anyone out by showing the support for Beech. I liked the guy too(who can dislike someone that is called up and gets like 7 points in 7 games?), but I refrained from posting on the matter, so I simply am using other posters as examples in this similar situation.

Last edited by Casework: 03-27-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

I'd rather decide between Dick Tarnstrom and Ron Hainsey, and keep Clay as a 7th man...

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:01 PM
bubbabalue

How has he looked so far? He had 5:30 on the pp tonight which caught my eye.

bubbabalue is offline   Reply With Quote