HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Playoff Tickets Thread

Old
03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
NHLcrazy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
He dealt with me 1st
What do you mean exactly?

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
What do you mean exactly?
He said he would send them to me COD on MSN, but since I already have tix for the playoff, I'm fine with that if you didn't get any tix.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 01:47 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
http://support.euro2008.uefa.com/dis...earch&bt=4n&s=

Basically it's personalized tickets: you have to submit a list of people that can go to the game if you can't attend. If you "scalp" your ticket to someone, that person won't be able to attend the game.
That's an AWESOME idea.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 01:52 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
He said he would send them to me COD on MSN, but since I already have tix for the playoff, I'm fine with that if you didn't get any tix.
I see...well i've been waiting for tix since noon like a big turkey so thanks!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:09 PM
nas84

playoff ticket changes

Hey All,

Well, today, like many of you, i got up with my mind set on getting my hands on at least a pair of playoff tix. Set my pc up, kept my home and mobile right beside me, and set up shop at about 11am. I patiently waited for the clock to strike 12, and when it did i clicked on the magic buy tickets button for game 1 and 2.

After about 5 mins of waiting one window openned up..the one for game 2...i got two imo pretty dec seats available to me, and i proceeded with the purchase process. all my info was enterred in, filled out my credit card info and clicked on the magic confirmation button.

this lead to a blank screen being displayed and after 4 mins of that i got a lovely pop up explaining to me that my session has timed out. after swearing at my pc in serveral languages (matherchod di olaat di putre d'un crisse de tabernak of a ****ing ****) i openned another window trying frnatically to get back...unfortunately it was too little too late as per by that time i couldnt get nething for game 1&2, and by the time i got through to game 3 &4 only singles were left for me.

Now, in a hockey mad city like montreal I can't say that I'm too surprised about the traffic, and i can't say im too angry. I love being from a city where wearing a certain shirt will give me high fives no matter where im in in north america and beyond.

But then i went to criagslist at around 1pm and saw that it is flooded with people selling their tickets. not jus there, but on facebook marketplace and numerous other websites as well.

This has lead to me feeling that its time for a change. Like I get it...survival of the fittest and these people found a way to get tickets where I didnt, but at the same time something about people who really could give a damn about the match getting tickets and a gang of fans being left in the cold seems sort of ****ed up.

So, how many people out there think we should change the way we deal with tickets. in the playoff ticket thread someone posted about how they handle tickets for the euro cup...and i honestly feel that it should be done that way by us as well. Im sure there are flaws in that system, but I truly feel that it would be leaps and bounds better than what we have.

nas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:11 PM
SpreeEndaz

Blame capitalism.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Chomsky

Blame all the morons that bought tickets on admission.com today with some luck, and are reselling them on ebay right now.

****ing Idiots.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
quarter450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Blame all the morons that bought tickets on admission.com today with some luck, and are reselling them on ebay right now.

****ing Idiots.
I agree.

quarter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Travis Moen

I got the timeout message 3 fu**** times after completing all the forms.
I've been trying to get tickets for 4 hours now. This is worse than trying to catch a fish in the Dead Sea.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Kachino

Wow, never thought my post about the Euro 2008 tickets would lead to a new thread. Like I mentioned over the other thread, I completely understand why people want to make money out of the Habs playoff rush but today has been very frustrating for me trying to call Admission and also trying to get on their website in order to get some playoff tickets. But more frustrating was finding a lot of tickets for sales on Craigslist and Kijiji in the past couple of hours for ridiculous prices in my honest opinion. The Euro 2008 personalized tickets was implemented because they didn't want scalpers and also because fans had to go through a selection process (application) in order to get some tickets. Overall, scalpers will always do what they do whenever there's a market for it. I guess for the people who didn't get 1st round playoffs tickets, they could still watch the Habs playoffs games @ home between friends sipping a cold one...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Same thing happened to me... I had tickets listed, entered CC number and everything then the page started loading... and kept loading... and kept loading.. but never loaded.

I was also at the bracelet thing.. #826 so when they picked #61 I just came home to try my luck here. Yeah, didn't work too well.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:31 PM
oohhkev

hey guys, im looking for 2 tickets for any of the 1st 3 games of the 1st round. preferably reds. i know id get better luck asking for these elsewhere but id prefer to buy from a hardcore habs fan who no longer needs the tickets or needs the cash.

let me know if anyone's got some for sale. thanks!

oohhkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 02:56 PM
nas84

for sure I understand that thats what the system is, but what I was trying to get at wasd that imo I think the system needs to be changed and the sooner the better. Its one thing for the regular season, i mean maybe you wont get tickets to a saturday match but you can find em for thursdays/tuesdays etc. You have an alternative.

for the playoffs, its really nothing or everything, which is why I really think they should change the format to what they do in europe...it would work out better for everyone except the scalpers

nas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 03:30 PM
HabsSuperQ

I just wanted to let people who had problems with their admission orders (i.e. blank page after entering their credit card info) that the same thing happened to me earlier but when I checked my account on admission I realize that my order went through.... So if you had this problem, chaeck your account info on admission.... maybe you where as lucky as I was!

HabsSuperQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 03:42 PM
HabsSuperQ

The blank page didn't automatically mean that your order didn't work... I happened to me but when I checked my admission account, I realised the order went through. Howerver I agree that the system as it is doesn't work well. I had a couple windows opened waiting and it's not even the first one i opened that came through first... That says a lot about having a "waiting line" to enter the website...

HabsSuperQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 05:21 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
I'm just pissed because I went downtown to the Bell Centre, failed there, went home, failed again.

I tried everything, and nothing worked. I really wanted tickets, but I was left empty handed and I just don't have enough money for what scalpers are charging.

Mitch

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Russeltown

So, I have tickets for Game #5

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Delat

I was working and tried on the phone like 500 time and couldn't get tickets.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:45 PM
TomPlex

FYI, I finally got in touch with Admission by phone tonight, and there are officially NO tickets left. AT ALL. No singles either! CRAZY!

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Hezza

So i got prepared at 11 and was waiting in the admission.com line

12 came and i was going nuts, had about 5 admission browers open. 12:45 hits and I get through, selecting 4 family zone tix for game 2. I'm about to pay and it timed out. I thought after that my luck would run out. 15 minutes later i got thru again, selecting the exact same, 4 FAZO tix and luckily they still had. Once again the damn thing timed out. i almost chucked my laptop at the floor. so then i decided to use the home pc, and quite quickly i got through and tried to select the same. 4 FAZO tix. well, it must have just been my day. they still had 4. This was at about 1:20 pm. I then managed to go thru all the **** before the 5 minute timeout thing kicked in.

so i got 4 Family zone tix to game 2, costing only 140 for them all. row a as well, so its basically 1st row blues. Thank god. im going to game 1 as well with my dad cos he has season tix in red 109.

anybody else have a success story from today?

Hezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Jypee

I'm glad I had my tickets before today. A friend of mine knows someone from ''The Organization'' like Réjean Tremblay calls them and he got us 5 tickets for game one.

Yeehaw! GO HABS GO!

Jypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:45 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
i got 2 tickets for the 3rd game in section 122 (red b) row f.

are these good seats?
and anyone knows how many rows from the ice it is?

ive been to the bell center a few times but never in the red section

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Gilles Tremblay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
i got 2 tickets for the 3rd game in section 122 (red b) row f.

are these good seats?
and anyone knows how many rows from the ice it is?

ive been to the bell center a few times but never in the red section
I believe that's 11 rows from the ice. You will sit in the corner so your view of the opposing end will be from a distant angle, but you are most likely high enough to have a good view of the play everywhere.

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Magic33

man, this is ridiculous. Craigslist is loaded with people trying to make money off of playoff tickets. I understand people want to make money, but they are selling one ticket in the molson ex section for $200. thats crazy! they need to fix this system asap

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

people are selling them for ridiculous prices cause people are willing to buy them....plain and simple...

I like the Euro system that was brought up
That should solve problems...

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote