HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

USA hockey achievement award

Old
04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
MikeD

vCash: 500
USA hockey achievement award

Is is possible for an individual to receive the USA shut out patch should the team coach nor association submit the proper paperwork for a goalie who has earned this achievment award?

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Is is possible for an individual to receive the USA shut out patch should the team coach nor association submit the proper paperwork for a goalie who has earned this achievment award?
Contact your hockey director of the rink that you play in for that patch. Once he knows that you are looking for it, he can then aquire them through his district.

Example, if you play hockey in Arizona, the hockey director would have to contact the USA Hockey Rocky Mountain District for that patch.

If you need help at finding what district you are in, just send me a PM and I will help you out with getting you the info. Plus, I can also see if I can get you a patch if you are unable to get your association to help out.

Headcoach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 06:37 PM
MikeD

When my son asked for his after his first shut out, the Coach commented that the game was so easy that he didnt earn it. The reason he had asked was because the boys who had earned hat trick or playmakers had gotten theirs just a few days after the game that they posted these achievements in. I think he was just pulling my sons leg. I did just receive a reply from the Coach. He will try and have one for my son at try-outs this coming monday.

Thanks for the info and offer, Coach.

Old
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
When my son asked for his after his first shut out, the Coach commented that the game was so easy that he didnt earn it. The reason he had asked was because the boys who had earned hat trick or playmakers had gotten theirs just a few days after the game that they posted these achievements in. I think he was just pulling my sons leg. I did just receive a reply from the Coach. He will try and have one for my son at try-outs this coming monday.

Thanks for the info and offer, Coach.
Good! However, for your coach to tell your son..."That the game was too easy and that he didn't earn it," even if he was just joking, somethings that's just not the time to joke around, especially with kids feelings.

I'm kind of glad that he's not in my program, because I think I might have kicked him to the curb.

Headcoach

Last edited by Headcoach: 04-04-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
MikeD

If you met the guy you would prob want him in any program you were running. In fact, just from reading your posts and opinions you two would prob be very good friends. He has been instrumental in turning the Hawks program around, from being an association that developed players who then left for the win column at other associations to one where many of the top local players are now looking to come into or return. His peers coaching in both WNYAHL and Empire West hold him in the highest regards.

I believe that first shut out of the season, he saw maybe 10 shots on net and maybe 2 scoring chances. To describe the game you would just need to know that Coach Mike had switched his O and D and had his left and right sides switched by about the halfway point of the game. my son spent most of his time in the crease doing movement drills. lol The game was VS a Tier II team and just an exhibition game. In all honesty it was prob the easiest shut-out of the 60+ he has tallied so far. Alexander did laugh at the comment. At age 13 and with 9 travel seasons exclussive to the crease under his belt, he is well experienced. Plus the two of them tend to go back and forth in good natured teasing quite a bit. Coach Mike will be one of those Coaches that a player will never forget and fondly remember.

Last edited by MikeD: 04-04-2008 at 09:24 PM.